Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gamespy

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ferrous, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

Gamespy

I can't believe that Warcraft III is being beaten out by Starcraft. Both are great games, I'll admit, but common, the game play in Warcraft is vastly superior to that of Starcraft...better graphics, more in depth races, more classic in storyline....And the heroes add a huge element to the game that you simply don't get with Starcraft. Come on, what does starcraft have to offer that Warcraft III doesn't??

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Warcraft III and Starcraft are just completely different games. With that said I don't really like the addition of heroes and an upkeep so I never played Warcraft III much. Starcraft races feel completely different and play completely different while being perfectly balanced. Warcraft III races all feel like the same units to me with the same strategies, just with different artwork.

3. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

StarCraft has a larger fan base and has shown the ability to stand the test of time. Also, it's all my damn countrymen -_-.

4. Lightning Peon Poo

Lightning Peon Poo IncGamers Member

This is more fact than opinion: Starcraft is probably the most successful game of all time (in terms of media coverage, revenue, fanbase, sponsorship, etc). Even though starcraft can be considered as quite an old game, the total number of starcraft players worldwide still surpass the total number of players for any other game.
    This is my opinion: Warcraft3 was better for single player & use map settings. But as a competitive RTS, warcraft doesn't compare *at all* to starcraft.