Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gamespy: Half-liife Vs. Diablo2

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dark Warhawk, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Dark Warhawk

Dark Warhawk IncGamers Member

Gamespy: Half-liife Vs. Diablo2

has already started go vote, yes i know this is getting sick but i don't think Diablo will not win this one so most likely last thread

2. Sonork

Sonork IncGamers Member

As much as I like Diablo2.. I honestly cannot vote for it over Half-Life...

Diablo2 had a good run though.

3. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

I dont think DII will win either, Combined with SC and Zelda, and the original Half Life Voters. Its not gonna happen. D2 Had a great run, and we always can say we "pwned" Starcraft & Zelda

4. Ghist

Ghist IncGamers Member

Actually D2 might win, but that would require people here to go and register on Gamespy to vote. For some reason there seems more Half-Life players registered on gamespy, hence the fast accumulation of votes to Half-Life. It's just that many players are too busy killing monsters in D2, than spending lots of time hanging around Gamespy looking for next good FPS.

5. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

Come on people!! Diablo II is world renowned for having the largest fan base on the face of the planet!! Get out there and vote! So you have to register, SO WHAT? You can fake everything INCLUDING the e-mail address.

We've come this far, this is NO time to give up! Spread the word, tell everyone you know, show your support and go vote for Diablo II! When your mother's best friends sister has voted for Diablo II, you've done your job. :) At any rate this is just the thing that may make Blizzard get off their butts and start working on Diablo III! :D

Here's the link to register:

https://www.gamespyid.com/index.aspx

Here's the link to vote:

http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0502.shtml

GOGO Diablo II Community!!!

6. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

Agree with Corgon.Registering takes 30 seconds.Go people.We battled SC and Zelda,no way we are giving up.Get out of the Pit for a while and vote.

7. logic_bomb

logic_bomb IncGamers Member

I just voted and it didnt make me register....

8. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

make sure you register just in case! every vote makes a difference...
    don't be lazy! if you can spend hours mfing for next to no results, then spend 1 minute to register and vote! if you can stand running around act1 norm killin fallens for an hour or so, then spend 1 minute to register and vote! gogogogogogogogogogo!!!!!

9. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

I wonder what Inu's been up to...

10. Lightning Peon Poo

Lightning Peon Poo IncGamers Member

The whole poll is tainted. Diablo2 may have only gotten this far because of people exploiting gamespys votesystem (funny that it took something as obvious as 50K votes for them to admit it). KotR would have probably taken D2 out in round1 if the voting was secure (or if not KotR, then starcraft for sure).
    It doesn't really matter much either way. Some of my favourite games of all time wearn't even in the poll to begin with. And even if they were in the poll, it still wouldn't matter ;p

11. seph

seph IncGamers Member

I totally agree with lightning. People have no idea when the cheating actually started so(at least in my eyes) the whole fight isn't correct. If they did it all over again I'm sure things would be different.

12. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

No. The figures for all three rounds are believable. In round 3 when D2 beat SC, Half-life and Halo both had more votes then D2 in their respective round 3 matchups. The reason SC lost is becaus the bulk of its fans were to busy playing the game rather then voting. (i doubt more then 10% of Korean SC players even know what Gamespy is) The reason D2 got so far is because of sites like this one. If you want D2 to win, the fansites need to tell the fans. However, I think a lot of people are getting really tired of this silly vote.

Apparently, the gamespy poll no longer requires a login ID to vote anymore.

Finally, Half-Life will win the tournament because Gamespy is inherently biased against every other game. The number 1 game by far being played on gamespy is you guessed it, Half-Life. The fans of all the other games simply don't know the vote exists unless they happen to frequent a fansite for their game that tells them about the vote. Those Half-Life lovers are so zealous that they think its the only good game and that anything else is a joke. Then again, the entire poll is a joke so the joke's on Half-Life.

13. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

I think the last 4 games (Doom, Super Mario 3, Half-Life and Diablo 2) are all great, so I dont really care how it goes anymore.

14. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

Alright guys this time we really need to rally forces because we battling one of the best games out there plus bunchload of d2 haters. Poll will be running until monday so we have enough time to:

1) Let all your friends know about this, give them url, convince them to register;
    2) Use all computers you have with different gamespyid's (don't think anti-d2 crowd won't be doing that);
    3) Utilize batle.net channels, spam in d2, spam in wc3, in all channels on all realms (spamming in sc may yield unwanted results);
    4) Post on any and all d2 forums you know;
    5) Register multiple times (delete cookies before casting a vote).

We can do this people, if you feel that d2 is your favorite game now it's time to get up and actually do something. We will win this if everybody will do their share, remember every single one vote counts no matter how far behind we are right now. Unite people! May the windForce be with us diabolians. Now go and spam like there's no tommorow. Trounce HL!!! We will win.

15. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

1) You dont have to have an Id anymore
    2) We are getting smoked by 800 votes right now
    3) Too many d2 haters out there that are voting for HL
    4) Half-life rocks
    5) The vote doesnt matter

16. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet IncGamers Member

Actually, it's pretty interesting to follow SMB3 vs. Doom.

The votes there have been tied all day.

17. LifePincher

LifePincher IncGamers Member

Ok guys , I just registered & voted for D2 . A game I've played for close to 3 years .

If you want the SMACK TALK about D2 to continue over at the GameSpy forums , DON'T vote for D2 .
    If you are addicted like most of us are to this game , go vote D2 ! !! !

Current votes :

D2 = 1302
    HalfLife = 2313

We're getting PUMMLED ! ! ! ! !

Go register & VOTE for D2 ;)

http://www.forumplanet.com/titlefight/rules.asp

If you vote & this game wins the whole Title fight , in the end I'm sure there will be MANY write ups in Gaming magazines all around about D2 winning & it will get MORE recognition .............. equalling attenting toward Blizzard sales & perhaps more attention to Bliz WORKING on OUR GAME & not WarCraft ! ! !

Talking another Patch or Update ........... etc !

VOTE PEOPLE ! :worship:

18. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Sorry, I had to vote for HL.

19. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

but you didnt have to tell us about it....traitor

20. Jeff

Jeff IncGamers Member

We are way behind right now! I know about the huge debacle about the D2 vs SC vote. It seems like D2 could have cheated after all look at all the cheating and lying that goes on everyday on battle.net. It seems to me that the most fanaticle game fans in the world are thoose of blizzard games. I hope their is someway to get blizzard fans to unite behind D2. "...all, RPG's suck." according to the person on the voteing page. I know that all starcraft fans disagree with this. I am sure that if D2 and Starcraft were in different brackets they both would have made the finals. I hope that Starcraft fans will overcome there differences and vote for blizzard or more importantly vote for RPGs.