Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GAMES GAMES GAMES o.o

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Uchiha Sasuke, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

GAMES GAMES GAMES o.o

Ok.. I always was a little behind on my video game schedule. I want to ask you guys what games I should play... of ALL TIMES. Give me a last of the best games you've ever played/watched/seen/whatever. Maybe give why, and have an argument or two... But just tell me games I should play. Say trilogies too...
    If you guys could be so kind... make a list like :
    1)
    2)
    et cetera...

Copy and paste into your own post and add your game... I just want a big list of GAMES. I'd like it to be mostly NON collector's item games... since those are just ganna be hell to get.

Thanks. :flip: :flip:

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

1) Test Drive - Eve of Destruction

its tough to find but fun demolition, old-timey mode with turbo is hilarious

what kinda games do you prefer fps, racing, mmo, rpg?

3. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Anything and everything that isn't barbie, mary kate and ashley, barney, et cetera. Also... mmo's are a little low on my list. I can't pay for them so... If they're free then.. OK!

Can you guys make a different list for pay per month mmo's? I don't prefer these kind because they change often and I can't play all of them at once (or any for that matter).

4. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Games you should play of all time?

Too many to list anyway. Off the top of my head, Lands of Lore 1 and especially 2, Planescape: Torment, Civilisation 2, every Quest for Glory, Ultima 7 (and a few others from that series if you like old games), Monkey Island (particularly the original), TIE Fighter, No-One Lives Forever 2 and Knights of the Old Republic.

5. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Thanks dondrei. I've already played KOTOR so I'm on my way!! :thumbsup:

6. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

well, some games i like:

Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Oblivion

and yeah, thats what i play most right now :)

7. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

Neverwinter nights 2?

Final Fantasy XII looks good, from I've seen so far watching my roommate play.

Titan Quest!

God of War, if you've got a PS2.

And I have half a mind to go out and buy an Xbox 360 JUST so I can play Gears of War. That game looks flat out incredible.

8. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

1. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    2. Diablo II (PC)
    3. Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic (PC)
    4. Killer Instinct (arcade; SNES version is utter crap)
    5. (Super) Street Fighter II (arcade, SNES, others?)
    6. Super Mario World (SNES)
    7. Marathon (Mac)
    8. Dance Dance Revolution (arcade or possibly at home if you have the pads)
    9. Tekken Tag Tournament (arcade or PS2)
    10. Extreme-G (SNES)

Order could vary a bit depending on what kind of mood I'm in, though.

The first 3 ate my college free time. Marathon was every day after high school in the computer lab (except during track and other activities), and I still think it's the best FPS (weapon balance, speed, level layouts, etc). All the others were with my brother when I was younger. I didn't play DDR a lot, but it was amazingly fun when I was doing it.

You have to play most of these with other people to be the most fun. Oh, and that's how I'm listing these; games that I had the most fun with; that made me the happiest as I was playing them. There are games with better graphics, better storylines, that take many more hours to complete, that have many more items to find or quests to complete, but none of that really matters to me. I'll take 10 minutes of Bump N Jump over 1000 or however many hours it is to complete the latest Grand Theft Auto games; the first will leave me with a smile on my face every time.

Look through "top 100 videogames" lists on the 'net to remember some more; I did.

9. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

FFXII is incredible. Semi-automated battles allow for maximal beer drinking to gameplay ratio.

10. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

1. Final Fantasy VII and X
    2. Super Mario Brothers 1-3 on NES; SNES; N64
    3. D2
    4. Tecmo Bowl NES

Some I can think of that I've loved :p

11. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

You should also specify if you have any preferences for:

1) Game genre
    2) System (PC, console etc)
    3) Age (some people love old games, some can't stand them)

12. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

1) Can't Forget Final Fantasy VIII...or IX...or VI...or Tactics
    2) Metal Gear Solid 1-3
    3) Silent Hill (all sequels)
    4) Devil May Cry (all sequels)
    5) Gran Turismo (all sequels, if you like racing)
    6) Onimusha (all sequels, except maybe Onimusha 3: Demon Siege)
    7) Fatal Frame

I can't think of anymore, I never was that well played and it's even worse now since Blockbuster upped their fees, which makes DIRGE of CERBERUS the last game I rented and it wasn't worth the $12 to get it.

Too bad the story is sub par :undecided:

13. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Story is just fine from where I am. No more whiney bishes a la FFVII, FFVIII et FFX? Bon. Tres bon.

I have no idea why I jumped into French right there, but I do know I take my story-lines like I take my women...literate, complex, and willing to put out.

Wait, what?

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Is it my imagination or are there a lot more console gamers than PC gamers these days?

Speak French again, Tish!

15. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

I think there are, yes.

The only reason why I don't play any games on my computer anymore though is because the 160 gigs are reserved for "borrowing"' stuff from online, not because "the consoles have better games". In my experience it was the other way around anyways.

16. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Played HL2? Pretty good game...the first time through. Just finished my second run through, this time on Hard. FPSs get boring fast!
    I'll second Dond's recommendation for Planescape: Torment. My advice: If you're gonna play it, set aside at least 2 weeks. Read all the dialogue. Do all the quests. That game is amazingly wordy, and the thing is, it's all gold. Gameplay is second-hand, as there really isn't any consequence for dying...

D2 seems like a given, but yah....

All 2 (soon to be 3) Super Smash Bros. games are good, but try to get friends...better at a party than out...

Metroid games are good (playing as a woman is a bit strange...but she can kick some serious ***...must be the suit), especially the latest ones. The GCube one/ones was/were the best ones, IMO.

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadown of Amn. Simply put, best DnD game I've played. Pretty intense story, incredible action, hardcore DnD stuff. More story, less action than Ice Wind Dale, but I'm just that kinda guy.

Ice Wind Dale, especially IWD2, is for the hardcore DnD fan...I kinda sorta fit in there...you can power-game your until your head asplodes and then do it some more...pretty fun...

And now my head is blank...have fun...parting word of caution:
    Don't rush through 'em! The joy is in taking your time...

17. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Consoles have had some spectacular games, I came late to them but I noticed that in some areas they were way ahead of the PC at the time. Platformers for one. On the other hand, the flagships of the PC, FPS and RTS, are much better than the console equivalents - if maybe simply because it's bloody impossible to control them without a keyboard and mouse (what are they thinking? Just make a damn peripheral for it!).

These days things have changed a bit, both systems are out of their golden age in many respects. The worst thing that happened to consoles was the XBox and to a lesser extent the Playstations - all they essentially are is PC games ported to those systems to force you to buy them. Oh, and the ubiquitous third-person perspective games, there are millions of them and they're all the goddamn same. Not that PCs don't suffer from that illness too. Mind you at least they aren't so damn cutesy.

Nintendo still makes some great games that are uniquely "console games", although it's starting to seem like all they do is create a new system and then remake exactly the same games for it all over again. New Mario, new Zelda, new Smash Bros... same thing, new coat of paint...

Which is not to say some great games aren't still being made for both console and PC.

18. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

Castlevania Symphony of the Night (and the rest of the series)
    Metal Gear Solid series
    Fzero X
    RESIDENT EVIL 4 (and the rest of the series)
    Ninja Gaiden
    Oblivion
    Disgaea
    Panzer Dragoon series
    Metal Slug series
    Raiden series
    Sonic 1-3&knuckles

19. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I always pick to play as a woman if the game gives me the option... male protagonists are less interesting.

Ooh, I strongly recommend skipping Castlevania 64. It got better the further I got, but it wasn't a good game. I've played 1, 2 and 4 - by 4 I mean the American/European one labelled "IV", I think the numbering is different for the Japanese versions - and out of those 4 is by miles the best.

20. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

Madden, anyone? When I get the Wii I will be very tempted to try out Madden on it simply to see how well they utilize the controller.