Game won't start

davidflanagan

Diabloii.Net Member
Game won't start

First off I'm new to Diablo 2, I used to dabble in Diablo one but today I decided to get the second. After I install the game, and try to open it, a black screen comes up and has a little white line like this "l" at the top left of the screen, and then it doesn't progress, any ideas?

davidflanagan

Diabloii.Net Member
Tried twice already, same result, how many discs are suspoesed to come with the game, cause I bought it off my friend and it came with 3?

Stax

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo 2 whit 3 discs
expansion (LoD) whit 1

i remember that i had same problem long ago, but dont know what did i excatly done
try waiting few mins (for intros, or something) or try switching game into 2d (@ video test)

seralph

Diabloii.Net Member
try running diablo in window mode. This little bar most often means there is some trouble with fullscreen mode.
To run in window mode:
-rightclick on diablo shortcut
-chooose properties
-add after a space -w to the field called target
-close window/save changes
-restart diablo

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
try running D2VidTst.exe from your d2 install folder
set it to directdraw(2d) and try runing d2 again

Beepy

Diabloii.Net Member
Mostly likely video issue like they say, but you could also try installing the latest patch manually instead of waiting to pick it up off battlenet.

nurman

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Game won't start

You just necroed a 4-year old thread, with a "useless" youtube video and with your first post.

Inb4 lock.

IncubatorJones

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Game won't start

I wouldn't say it was "useless", I'd say it was useless. Also I can't even read the video description. I hate it when people can't be arsed to type properly :coffee: