Game won't start up!!!

Derfasciti

Diabloii.Net Member
Game won't start up!!!

Hey all.

I got this really good computer last April, it can play WoW and Lord of the Rigns and everything, so I try and install this and all goes well. But when I try to play it it freezes in a black screen before it gets to anything and a pop up says something about the mermory unable to be "written" I know I have enough room and my graphics card should be just fine!

What's going on here?

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Before you start DII run a Video test if the above suggestions don't work. Set your graphics to 2D instead of 3D and see if that makes a difference. I had something similar happen to me on my WinME computer. Set to 2D and the problem went away, even though DII states that my computer could handle it in 3D mode.

To do the video test go to Start-->Programs-->Diable II--Video Test
(I'm assuming you're on a Windows PC of course):rolleyes:

Derfasciti

Diabloii.Net Member
Before you start DII run a Video test if the above suggestions don't work. Set your graphics to 2D instead of 3D and see if that makes a difference. I had something similar happen to me on my WinME computer. Set to 2D and the problem went away, even though DII states that my computer could handle it in 3D mode.

To do the video test go to Start-->Programs-->Diable II--Video Test
(I'm assuming you're on a Windows PC of course):rolleyes:
Ok where do I find the patch(es) and how do I change my 3d/2d modes? I am not computer literate at all:undecided:

Thanks for the speedy replies.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry, I should have been more clear. You can run a Video test at any time, not just when you first install DII. To do this:

1. Go to the Start Menu and select Programs
2. Highlight the Diablo II option
3. Click the Video Test selection

When you do that a new window should appear to start the Video Test. Follow the onscreen instructions and when asked to choose a video option, select the 2D one.