Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

game wont launch

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Lothos, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

game wont launch

Ok, since the 1.10 patch I have had extreme issues with launching the game. Most of the time it fails to launch because of the cd check, which appears to be the culprit since the patch. On a few instances it can launch fine with no changes on my part. Blazzard has been absolutely useless in helping solve this issue. No cd cracks won't work for me as they fail to be recognized on Bnet as a proper version. I'm running win2k sp4 fully patched on a built system with an Asus a7s333 motherboard bios 1006, 48/24/48a plextor cdrw, soundblaster audigy, Gainward ti4200 video. I'm upgraded firmware on the cdrw and have also eliminated everything possible from the background that could possibly be affecting this. Anyone have a clue or have the same problems?

2. PikachuMolester2003

PikachuMolester2003 IncGamers Member

Tried a virtual cd drive?

3. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

That where you just copy the cd to a folder and point the registry to it?

4. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Have you tried reinstalling D2? Most major bugs I have come accross have been fixed by cleaning out all D2 content, save single player chars, and installing diablo fresh again. Make sure also you do not have any 3rd party programs D2 related, like cracks and hacks of the like. Not only is it a bad idea to have them in the first place, 1.10 doesnt work with any of the old ones.

5. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

I've reformatted and reinstalled twice just trying to fix this and nothing has worked. I am now trying Virtualdrive 8 and that is having the same issues the normal cdrom drive is having, so it must be a problem executing the cd check with the game.exe

6. FishRazor

FishRazor IncGamers Member

Since last night I cant log into any accts. I visited them yesterday and opened characters on all to renew them due to expiration warning and now cant access any of them....................help

7. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

Play Zelda :)

8. Crimh

Crimh IncGamers Member

I have a similar problem.

1.09 worked perfectly, but..

I can install D2 + LoD, start it and download the patch, no problems. But once 1.10 has been installed, I can't start LoD anymore. The CD spins up but nothing more happens and most of the times my system locks up completely, ie forcing me to reboot. Yeah, I asked Blizzard about it, but hey..It's Blizzard, so no it didn't work. Fun part is though, 1.10 beta worked, but this 'real' patch doesn't.

9. alitz2020

alitz2020 IncGamers Member

Same thing is happening to me..CD worked fine until A day or 2 ago, cd just spins now and it usually ends up with me rebooting the comp. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

10. diablito

diablito IncGamers Member

Ditto

I installed Diablo II and the expansion set last weekend and it quit working this morning. Everytime I try to launch it I get an "unhandled exception" error and my CD is not available until I re-boot. (the CD drive works fine until I try to launch Diablo II).

Any ideas, leverage w/Blizzard or patches greatly appreciated.