Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Game does not exist

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by dthunt331, Feb 6, 2004.

1. dthunt331

dthunt331 IncGamers Member

Game does not exist

I wanted to trade items between my characters. I made a password game, stayed in it for 10 min. Dropped items and left game. When I tried to return with another character, I got a "game does not exist" msg. Desperate I tried to make a game with same name, got a Game already exists. Could not join! Items gone!

2. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

this is the new 1.10 patch transfer protection scheme. You no longer have to wait for 10 mins for the game to stay up, it will stay up if you leave it straight away UNLESS you have dropped an item in town (i think)

This seems to be a really intelligent system however coz i was testing it to see what it would let me xfer. It let me xfer a magical sword that i bought from the vendor that i didnt want, but it closed the game when i tried to xfer my 100 pdsc that i did want, freaky!!

lol yea but now u can only xfer with someone else in the game unfortunately. (i usually do all my xferring in public act 1 games now - even my enigma and botd cb :) )

3. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

You need to be doing something during the time you are waiting, such as killing things. If you just stand around, the game will be prone to dropping. Go wack a couple of monsters for about 5 minutes and you should be all set for a transfering game.

4. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

Yes after 5 min it autosaves for a few additional minutes when unattended. If you don't have a clock/watch with seconds, just leave game 6 minutes later to be safe and make sure it's been at least 5 minutes. fool around with your merc, one day u might be surprised to find that ur merc has completed the 2 hours to save. - or maybe i just play d2 and xfer too much.

5. ShaggyTC

ShaggyTC IncGamers Member

Actually I've used the 5 minute rule in 1.1 numerous times in private pw games... Have xfered enigma, botd, etc this way... Only thing I fear is exiting the game and automaticly getting "realm down"... Or maybe I've just been lucky...

6. Phaeax

Phaeax IncGamers Member

I thik you can get this if you try and join a game in a difficulty level above what your character has completed. i.e. you permed a Hell game and tried to join it with a level 1 mule.

7. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

ive xfered solo heaps of times... ive only had the game not found thing happen once to me.. lucky it was only a um rune...

8. mashimaroinc

mashimaroinc IncGamers Member

i alwys transfer wth a friend that i have in life (at internet cafes), or in public games.... go to public game where people cant go to the act that your in, lol, like

9. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I do both, cos sometimes I don't wish to trouble friends with xfering all the time (cos I keep a lot of crap).

I have had no problems solo xfering, it is advisable to do the following: -

Go out and come in to test before dropping anything.
    Go to a channel and type some crap. There are anti-botting alarms which seem to be triggered if you try to rapidly leave and enter games. (Somehow these things don't get rid of the two billion sales bots that ply the public games tho)

I have however encountered this "game does not exist" however game of the same name exists problem while on some pubby trav runs games. No idea why it happens.

10. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

A safer way to do it is to stay for about 5 minutes (I don't think you have to kill anything), leave the game and rejoin. Self-transfer only if you can.

Try not to do so when it's laggy - you may get disconnected and the game could be gone due to the lag.

I haven't experience much difference since 1.10 - well.. besides the white/socketed items (and gems) that went poof after a short while

11. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

Is it possible that when u exited, fast maybe, you were tagged? And being tagged doesnt allow u to enter a game which was made by untagged char?

I have no idea, just making a suggestion. Maybe one shouldn't rush?