Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambuleting: how is mine?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Drystan, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Gambuleting: how is mine?

I decided to go Gambuleting again and found this. My precioussss.
    [​IMG]
    Now, I'm wondering what you guys think of it, and what if it were to be traded (god no!) what rune might it go for? I'm thinking it's not that great for trades, but my sorc's amy who gambled it, only had a res all 19% blue amy. Either way, I like it and hope I can use it soon.

I'm giving it to my fury wolf who's going with very little to no strength, so it should help for a while (when he's lvl 60.) Unfortunately, no +skills.
    What other mods would have made it better to you guys?

Also, what are the highest mods (perfect) that this could have been?
    I know attributes are highest when they're 30, but how about the rest?

Thanks.

2. mbain

mbain IncGamers Member

you can check the possible mods for amulets on the arreat summit site: www.battle.net/diablo2exp
    the resists are nice and the strength is useful, but the other 2 mods aren't worth much.
    people generally look for +skills, resists, +stats, +life, +mana, damage reduction, magic find, LL, ML, and fast cast. +skills and resists are usually the most sought after mods.

3. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

It's a bit hard to see in that pic... Here is the non-thumbnail link:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9649/amysr4.jpg

As for the stats... +all resist max is Prismatic (20% resist all - so you got the max there). Additional resists (prefixes) could give up to a further 40% resistance, making it possible to have 60% on one (or two) of the resistances! If the Colossus suffix spawned in place of the Wolf, the life could also have been up to 60... and if the Defiance suffix spawned instead of Remedy, the poison length reduction could have been 75%.

4. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Damn DarkChaos! Nearly a 2nd grail, nearly a 99'er, and you can fix my pics too. :) thanks.

That 19 to life will give a little bit more to my wolf druid, so that's why I like it.
    Damn. I feel cheated by the +life. Thanks for that.

5. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

@Drystan:

Never forget there's the item find thread, we use it to post our findings and get advices on usefulness of the equipment found. Normally we use separte thread for findings when they are truly rare (a tyrael's, a cham for example), and if you want advices on the value for trade, post in the pricecheck thread of the SPTF.

But, truly the amulet is not that great, at least not in trading value. Ok it has gotten +resists all, +life and +str, but, for example a mara's completely beats this ammy and other unique ammys beat it, the lack of +skills really makes that ammy suffer for trade value, although it may be good for your own chars, the ammy is not bad, but for trading value is not very good.

6. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

@AM:
    Thanks, and sorry bout that. The other threads slipped my mind, probably because I haven't seen them that often. I'll keep it in mind.

7. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

Nah, there's no need to apologize, but you can get more help in those threads :wink3:

See you in the SPTF