Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeeiN2StarS, Sep 29, 2006.

1. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

Gambling

After MF runs and (personally this is me, but i would take an educated guess that others do this as well) selling unwanted items, and getting a handful of money, what is a good gambling strategy everyone uses? I go for rings, amulets, and cronets/circlets.

2. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Early in the game I gamble for equipment to wear/use. (I do mostly untwinked.) Anything I'm wearing that's white or blue, I try to replace with yellow. Later on when I have some cash to spare I tend to go for those things you mention.

3. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

A good strategy is get Gheed's charm - the discount on vendor prices works on gambling too! That means a lot since gambling is expensive. Also, get an Edge runeword (you're going to have to use the runeword mod since it's bnet only, normally), which is another -15%. You'll be gambling with a 30% discount with these two items!

I agree with you on what to gamble. Go for jewelry and the circlets line. Personally I just forget the rings, because I tend to find that they're common enough if you spend some time mfing on hell meph, and it just takes too long to gamble the best ones (soj/bk).

I like gambling on amulets for the +3 skill ones, they're very useful in prebuffing certain trees. It's also a good way to keep looking for that +skills and teleport charge amulet which is really great for non-sorcs, or a +skills and magic find one.

Circlets can be truly amazing at higher levels. The ones with +2 skills, resist all, faster run/walk, +20 dex/strength, dual leech....very nice. Even real early on circlets are great, I remember in act 2 with nontwinked amazon at level 19 I gambled one with +1-111 lightning damage, 23% magic find, +10-20% resist lightning/poison, I think I still have it o_O

Everything else is just too expensive to gamble or you can find/buy elsewhere easily. Jewelry is nice to gamble because the price is always the same, and circlets just have surprisingly great mods.

4. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

Only addendum I would add is that you can often gamble things before you can buy them on a vendor.

I'd say this is more relevant to the non-twinkers.... a good example might be for a maul. I like to use Mauls for Shifting druids. At level 18 (iirc) you can start to gamble them whereas you cant seem to buy them until Act 3. Further to that, you can gamble them cheaply (under 10k) at that level and get some monstrous mods on them.

Skillful gambling makes twinking totally unnecessary.

5. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I gambled primarily for ammys, circlets and assy weapons.

Ammys because i've yet to find a Maras since my restart and a crazy necro ammy with tele charges.

Circets for that elusive *wow* item that will outperform a Shako.

Assy weapons for that elusive and super rare +3 traps, +3 light etc ... which I think exist with gambling ...

6. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I mf, sell unwanted items, and pick up gold until she can't carry anymore.

Then I gamble for Rings, Ammy's, and Circlets.

Rare ammy's and rings show up fairly often and can be quite usefull. And circlest can role so sexy sometimes that I have to buy them when I see them. My best so far was a +1 skills, +19 Resist all, +20 FCR circlet.

-hps

7. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Early on I like to gamble for wichever weapon I would prefer to use only with amp damage at least on it.
    Then of course the Ammy's and circlets.
    But also mid normal depending on build I like to gamble for gloves with IAS or other mods I might need

8. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

I agree. I use gambling a lot for all types of items.

Jude

9. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Early on most of the mods you find on boots/armor/shields you can just shop, so I never gamble those; resetting the vendors is just like gambling in that case when you're looking for those resist/MF boots or blocking shield :D

10. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Except vendors won't sell you rares...

Good tripple resist boots can be gambled pretty early, around lvl 30 for 20%frw.
    For 30%frw you'll have to wait 'til around lvl 45.