Gambling

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
Gambling

Ok I want to gamble for +2 fire skills lvl 30 req helms with fcr and ammys too. whats the best lvl to gamble them and what mode (norm, nm or hell)

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Clvl 45 will be enough for any amulet to get at least ilvl 40 (enough to support +2 to a skill tree). Clvl 42 for Circlets.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Oops, my bad, I thought they were ilvl 45.... clvl 45 it is, then. Sounds like the level I'd enter NM diff with, normally.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Bottomless pockets?

SgtPPS said:
Ok I want to gamble for +2 fire skills lvl 30 req helms with fcr and ammys too. whats the best lvl to gamble them and what mode (norm, nm or hell)
Gambling is +4/-5, so to have a chance that every circlet (not coronet) you get can receive those affixes it's CLvl45, however, there are many affixes at 41, 42, 43, 45 and so on you have a chance to get, as well. At the same time, if you plan to avoid those affixes you'd have to be CLvl36, but that only means 1:10 chance that the circlet you gambled can receive your affixes, and even then that doesn't mean you'd get them.

The best may depend on whether you're willing to spend gold on what turns out to be a godly RLvl31 or higher circlet because of Prismatic and such or if you'd want to stay away from that. Since circlets you'd gamble at RLvl36 would be just as likely to be great or trash while only having a 1:10 chance for the desirable affixes, but the great/garbage ones at 45 are likely to be incredible with higher abilities or at least worth 35K, the chances increase that you'd get what you'd want since every gamble can get the mods you want at CLvl45.

Just keep in mind, there's a stiff rise in cost of gambling for circlets between CLvl36 and 45, and amulets pretty much follow all of these rules, too. Only circlets can get FCR and the Gheed bug still appears to be an annoyance, so gamble with Anya or Jamella to avoid it (even if it wouldn't affect these items).

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
What's the Gheed bug?

And btw, for circlets, there's an alvl bonus of +3, so clvl 33 is enough to have the 10% chance og an alvl 40 circlet.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Okee

helvete said:
What's the Gheed bug?

And btw, for circlets, there's an alvl bonus of +3, so clvl 33 is enough to have the 10% chance og an alvl 40 circlet.
I wasn't aware that applied to gambling, only to actual dropped circlets (why you can reroll them, too). In which case it would be CLvl33-42, 42 being the 10:10 chance for desirable affixes with chances of higher ones, as well. One question: is it easier to reroll a blue diadem or tiara for Artisan's/Jeweler's of Luck, or does it matter (are there higher affixes worth getting on a magic helm)? Planning to reroll a Valkyrie's Tiara of the Lamprey is why I wanted to know.

The Gheed bug, which I thought was fixed in .10, is that he can't spawn elite items, in gambling or elsewhere. After gambling a cruddy amount gold with a high-level character and getting not one pair of vambraces or vampirebone gloves, I went to Jamella (I hadn't finished my quest with Anya yet so I had to use A4H - this is now irrelevent since I accidentally talked to her while doing the old 'Pindle-Eldritch-Shenk Shuffle' while trying to find a clone IP). She has reward me, and my Edge/perfect vendor Gheed's Fortune, with numerous pairs of such gloves. I cannot attribute all that previous gambling to bad luck, the odds are just way too good to get at least one pair, and having known the bug existed before I have no other choice but to believe it still does.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, that bug... It's actually more like a Act1 and act2 bug, because that applies to a lot of the merchants there.

This forum needs a sticky with all known bugs on/off realms. Maybe even with earlier patches included.

But who wants to make a "bug guide" with the neverending bug/feature discussion?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
The bug had no effect on gambling, and is still not fixed. You can find excep/elite throwing weapons at a1/a2 merchants if you're lucky.