Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gambling

Discussion in 'Classic' started by sweetcorn, Apr 25, 2005.

1. sweetcorn

sweetcorn Diabloii.Net Member

gambling

provide any tips on gambling please?

i only know to only gamble with jamella in hell. :s

2. Murrogh

Murrogh Diabloii.Net Member

Why only gameble jamella in the last difficulty?

3. TheCerberus

TheCerberus Diabloii.Net Member

Jamella is convenient to gamble at before CS runs, which is why I use her. I usually stockpile my gold, but spending 50k every now and then doesn't reduce your chances any. If I want low level stuff, I'll gamble then; maybe in hardcore around lvl 35, but after that, I save my gold until levels 83+. If I'm really strapped for items, I might gamble in between, but I have to be really poor (magics, bad rares)

4. Murrogh

What I usually do is do travincal runs until I have 3 million gold and then gamble in normal game with gheed for rings and amulets to get 5 minutes for a transfer game. I have found several +2's and lots of good rings.

5. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

Gambling tips

Unless u are desperate for a certain rare item, what Murrogh does is what most ppl do: gamble for ammys mostly and then rings. Getting a +2 ammy, even if magical (90% of ur +2 ammys will be magical, 10% rares) can fetch good trading value. You must be lvl 84+ to gamble for +2 ammys, and they say its best to have a char well above that to have a decent chance of getting one. You dont want to hold onto ur gold forever, once u pass 3-4M, u can't hold anymore, and dying will deplete ur hoard. So u could give it to a lvl **+ friend and let him do it.

It doesnt seem to matter which vendor u gamble with, or in what difficulty, or how many ppl are in the game. I've gotten 3 +2's out of 3M gold before, and then other times gambled 20M gold and gotten nothing! Rarely, u will get a set ammy. Extremely rarely, a unique ammy or ring, but best to kill monsters for those. Good +2's are useful even if u convert to LoD.

Where to get all that gold? Well, I think Tempus posted something on that in the huge Classic thread at the end of this forum, it doesnt have a sticky on it anymore. U may want to get items like goldwrap and anything that increases gold. It used to be that u could zoom into dead cow games to scoop up 300-500,000 gold. Now those days are gone. But some fast cs runs have all kinds of loot on ground, I got that much from one last nite. The slower the game, the less likely that any decent armors will be left. Go for scepters, staffs and wands too.

Can u get exceptional rare items gambling here in classic in this patch, like warbelts?? Anybody know?

6. TheCerberus

TheCerberus Diabloii.Net Member

I agree, amulets and rings are the way to go.

I think someone I know gambled a nice pair of demonhide boots, but I can't be positive about that.

7. BigBearCat

BigBearCat Diabloii.Net Member

1. the lowest lvl req to gamble +2skill amy is 86
    2. U CANNOT get exceptional items from gambling in d2c.

8. fredsta54

fredsta54 Diabloii.Net Member

i saw a bh w/ an ilvl of 92 though which means it must have been gambled

9. Murrogh

Couldn't diablo have dropped it?

10. dantheman5415

dantheman5415 Diabloii.Net Member

My suggestion is to make a gold finding barb which can do hell trav. After you do trav which drops like 100k gold straight and lots of items which sell for 35k, switch to gold finding gear (Chancies, Gwrap, some nice gfing rings, Goldskin, etc) and use a nice lvl item find on the corpses (dual BO sticks can help) and you will be making 500k+ per game

11. BigBearCat

Is it rare? If not, it must be shopped by a 87lvl char. The ilvl of the shopped item is equal to charlvl+5. If yes, it must be imbued by a 88lvl char. The ilvl of the imbued item is equal to charlvl+4.

btw: what does w/ mean? 'with'? sorry for such stupid question.

12. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

This has been debated a long time. I dont think its worth gambling on +2's until u are lvl 86-**. Supposedly, the ilvl for a +2 skills on an ammy is 90. This is why gambling and hell diablo are the only means to get them. Now there is an interesting feature afforded us, something to do with +6/-6 character lvls where u can get stuff. For instance, ilvl 35 gives the highest damage mods on weapons, and clvl 29 (thats -6 lvls of 35) is or was the best character level to imbue (so u wouldnt get mods like resistances, this info comes from Spirea's resource). So thats where clvl 84 comes from: its -6 lvls below the ilvl of 90.

I once heard that one of the more recent patches allowed u to get exceptional items, and that it was 10% of the time. I tried that after 1.08 many times with belts and gave up. Anyways, getting a rare exceptional would occur only 1% of the time, even IF true (10% of 10%= 1%). Perhaps this is only in LoD. I asked in the stat forum once about this, for D2c, and didnt get any expert answer.

13. BigBearCat

Up to now, the theory on the affixes, as I know, is:
    1?convert ilvl to inputilvl that determines alvl
    if (qlvl>ilvl)
    {
    inputilvl = qlvl
    }
    else
    {
    inputilvl = ilvl
    }
    2?compute alvl according to inputilvl
    if (inputilvl<99-int(qlvl/2))
    {
    alvl = inputilvl - int(qlvl/2)
    }
    else
    {
    alvl = inputilvl*2 - 99
    }

Here r some examples:
    1:Why needs 86lvls to gamble +2skill amy
    amy: qlvl = 1
    2skill prefixes: alvl = 90
    gamble item ilvl: ilvl=(clvl-5)~(clvl+4)
    From above formula, we get:
    alvl = inputilvl - int(qlvl/2)?i.e., alvl=ilvl
    To get alvl=90, ilvl must be 90, which only 86+ char can get from gamble.

2. ilvl = clvl+4 in imbue. And to get king's prefix on a lance, u have to be above 74lvl.

14. Murrogh

w/ means with
    w/o means without

15. BigBearCat

Thanks a lot!