Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling (specifics, addictions, finds)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Edge666, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Edge666

Edge666 Banned

Gambling (specifics, addictions, finds)

We all know gambling is the most addicting thing on the plant (well, maybe besides smoking). This is true of Diablo 2 too, for me anyways. I always knew that uniques could be gambled in the newer versions still, just that they were much harder to come across... so what did I do? I gambled and gambled my life away for 3 straight hours.

My question is does anyone know the specifics of gambling uniques in terms of ratios?

Another question is does anyone know the specifics of gambling dual leech rings and amulets in terms of ratios?

So, after 3 long hours that seemed to pass in about 30 minutes, here's what I have to show for it: (Sorry if this should have gone in the item find thread, I was more looking for the ratio specifics, this is kind of to show something or to be used as an example.)

Nature's Peace
    Ring
    Required Level: 69
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 99
    Fingerprint: 0x7daa799b
    Damage Reduced by 11
    Poison Resist +22%
    Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Level 5 Oak Sage (27/27 Charges)

Highlord's Wrath
    Amulet
    Required Level: 65
    Item Level: 95
    Fingerprint: 0x35569ad9
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Adds 1-30 lightning damage
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15
    37% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)

Kira's Guardian
    Tiara
    Defense: 137
    Durability: 25 of 25
    Required Level: 77
    Fingerprint: 0x63b92285
    +92 Defense
    All Resistances +60
    20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Cannot Be Frozen

Ghoul Whorl
    Ring
    Required Level: 74
    Fingerprint: 0x10b35aa4
    +73 to Mana
    +43 to Attack Rating
    Fire Resist +19%
    6% Life stolen per hit
    6% Mana stolen per hit

Rune Torc
    Amulet
    Required Level: 73
    Item Level: 98
    Fingerprint: 0x6ef808d5
    +1 to Dexterity
    +18 to Attack Rating
    Lightning Resist +17%
    6% Life stolen per hit
    6% Mana stolen per hit

Beast Beads
    Amulet
    Required Level: 51
    Fingerprint: 0xdb1cccf9
    +20 to Dexterity
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    All Resistances +19
    6% Mana stolen per hit
    +1 to Barbarian Skill Levels

Dread Mark
    Amulet
    Required Level: 67
    Item Level: 94
    Fingerprint: 0xa6414aab
    Lightning Resist +8%
    Cold Resist +26%
    7% Mana stolen per hit
    Replenish Life +3
    +2 to Amazon Skill Levels
    5% Chance to cast Level 3 Frost Nove when struck

Beast Touch
    Ring
    Item Level: 98
    Fingerprint: 0x306589f4
    +83 to Attack Rating
    +4 to Minimum Damage
    6% Mana stolen per hit
    +3 to Light Radius

Bone Turn
    Ring
    Fingerprint: 0x72d49c24
    +33 to Life
    Magic Damage Reduced by 2
    Fire Resist +8%
    Cold Resist +20%
    6% Mana stolen per hit

Corruption Collar
    Amulet
    Required Level: 40
    Item Level: 96
    Fingerprint: 0x1835178e
    +50 to Life
    Fire Resist +3%
    Lightning Resist +40%
    Cold Resist +34%
    Poison Resist +3%
    5% Mana stolen per hit

Now this isn't to brag or show off finds... I was just wondering if anyone has the specifics and calculations about how rare this is... that is to gamble 3 uniques and 7 high rare, 2 of which came out dual leech.

Just another note: some of these might be given away in the near future so I kind of had a predicament of placing this topic in 3 different places... I figured just the general posts would do... sorry if you feel differently.

Anyone with the specifics by all means fill me in, I've been out of the loop a long time.

EDIT: I just looked up Kiara's Guardian too and it says ladder only... doesn't that mean I shouldn't be able to find it?

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

This thread talks about gambling:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=326638

I don't know how many items you gambled, but it looks like you were well above the norm.

-Cat

Edit: Ladder only items can be found in SP with the exception of the last two sets of rune words.

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Those for 3 hours of gambling? :rolleyes:

How much gold did you spend?

4. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Nature's Peace, Kira's Guardian, Highlord's Wrath all within 3 hours?

with 1:2000 chance for uniq, and 1:10 for elite, and rare rato of Highlord's & NP. That's hell lot of good luck.

I blowed over 100 million at once before, and spent countless of gold on gamble over time, the best uniq was Mara's amulet, and I'm already luckier than most.

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Given the "discussion" about your other MFing claims, what made you think it was a good idea to brag about gambling 3 uniques in one go?

Just for reference I have never gambled any.

6. Day

Day IncGamers Member

I pretty much only gamble amulets - never got a unique one - so you are well ahead of me.

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I've gambled Tancreeds Weird (the amulet)....But maybe you should try for some damage control and tomorrow when Pindleskin drops dual IK armours not post a new thread about it...Weird things happen in Diablo all the time...I once got 3 identical set pieces in the same drop from Mephisto...but the odds of something really good like Grandfather/Cranium Basher/etc dropping is so low that you automatically get suspicious when people make claims such as yours...when you on top of that beat the gamling odds and gamble 3 uniques(I think the odds are 1/2000)...it becomes impossible to believe you. You could be that guy who wins the lottery 2 times in a row, and marries Britney Spears (stupid Kevin Federline:()...but I don't believe it.

8. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I once had two green breast case drop at one after another, within few seconds. But the odd of highlord's and NP are more than 1:2000 (what is the chance for NP when spaw uniq ring?), and to get Kira's = 1:20000 on average. He didn't break the drop odd, since it is random, but he did get "impossible" result.

9. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

In one game where we were doing new chars, Arctic armor dropped, then less than 20 seconds later, the belt dropped, then about 5 minutes later another belt dropped, I was happy as I was playing untwinked at the time

10. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Nothing can match my dual Tal's armor dropping in both levels of the pit. :D

11. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I've gambled an absolute ton spread over many, many, many hours. Mainly circlets and ammys. I've gotten a couple of unique ammys ... but never a Kira's.

You did this all in 3 hours? Interesting.

You need to stop gambling D2 gold and start buying lotto tix. Win 100 million or so and then buy Blizzard and get that patch 1.10a out in a jiffy and then get D3 out right after that.

12. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

First, let me explain that we're (at least me anyway) calling you a liar. There are bound to be people that get lucky. When people get lucky they're more likely to come here and discuss it. So people with experiences like yours appear more often than they should, if everyone were coming here to post their results. So it's natural for people not to believe you.

So... understand this, and if you don't enjoy being called a liar, simply don't post stuff like this. I'd bet that 90% of the people reading your threads consider you "tainted". It's pretty much the same reaction you'ld get if you kept buying new cars each month. People would begin to wonder where the money was coming from. Police would probably investigate.

If indeed you are interested in the odds, but not to show off your particular results... don't post your results. Just say "I've had some wierd luck gambling"... or somthing like that.

13. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

It's not just that, people get lucky all the time (getting WF or HBBF right?) however you stated in just 3 new posts that you were having alot of high runes, alot of MF luck, a lvl 99 char and now gambling odds that are astronomical. Combine that with the fact that you're pretty new here (I know I shouldn't look at that but I still do, bite me anyone ;)) and.. well.. not legit in my eyes.
    I have gabled alot, and I mean alot of hours, I only once got a set amulet (some lowish one) and a dwarfstar.

''Mil & Sam''

14. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Your a liar. Why do you continue with this childish display?

15. Shadolupin

Shadolupin IncGamers Member

Who is the liar, whoever it is pm them please. i really hate to see this crap on the boards, especially after my experience with it.
    And it is possible to get a highlords wrath from gambling i got one along with a cats eye, but that was the product of like 5 hours of straight gambling. :D
    again peoplewho wish to flame me for this post pm me. thanks

16. Edge666

Edge666 Banned

Do you just copy and paste that message in every reply you make or what?

17. Darkwell

How about I copy and paste this from your very first post a year ago, 3/28/04.

"I haven't really looked around the forums too much and just started playing single player (with the help of my brother 99 mf sorc)".

I thought you had your own lvl 99 sorc, not your brothers. And, where did his come from?

18. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

is this a legit lvl 99 caracter or one of those 'testing' characters? since it's not yours - you didn't actually do the leveling up yourself - you can't verify 100% that it's a legit character, I would suggest, if you wish to trade here, you delete all stashes & characters and start over with a legit lvl 1 character. As of now, I doubt many people here will consider you a 'safe' trade partner. Since you have been offering trades as well as MP games, determining your legitness is critical, and for what I have seen, it's not there yet.

19. Darkwell

It might be worth considering the amount of gold you would have to spend, in 3 hrs of gambling. I can go through 2.5mil in less than 3 minutes. So, let's see, that's about 150 mil in 3 hrs. I would have to dupe gold to get that much.

20. XorceR

XorceR IncGamers Member

I have gambled a LOT in my D2 career, but I haven't found the amount of uniques you've found in 3 hours (at least you claim that). I've found a Nagel, Manald Heal, The Cats Eye and 2-3 set amulets neither of which valuable (no Tal's ammy there. I wish) in all my gambling efforts. So I don't believe you. Especially considering some other recent posts of yours.