Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling Slvls

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by DarkHoly, Mar 12, 2004.

1. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

Gambling Slvls

So, been playing classic, have my hammerdin up to lvl 55, and can't remember for the life of me at what level it's possible to gamble +2 skill amulets. I want to say 67, or 76, or something like that, but to be honest, it's been awhile since I've had the need. Thanks in advance.

-Dark

2. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

+2 skill Amulets. Be more specific? +2 to a specific tree? Or +2 all skills?

If +2 tree: clvl 36 is the minimum level to possibly get the alvl of 40.
    If +2 all: clvl 86 is the minimum level to possibly get the alvl of 90.

Gambled items spawn +4/-6 from your clvl. Odds are simply one in ten of getting the maximum level of +4.

3. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

84 is the minimum level to have SMALL chance of getting 2 skill amulets.

at 93 and above, you have the maximum chance of getting them.

at lvl 94, you have the maximum chance of crafting them with gambled amulets.

gambles spawn with -3 to +6 from your character level according to the arreat summit.

4. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

Is this true for LoD as well as Classic?

5. ConnerMacleod

Wacken, you may be thinking Circlets, which can spawn +2 at clvl 83 (83+4=87+3 (magic level)=alvl 90).

ilvl 90 = alvl 90 for ammys. There is a 100% no chance of +2 skills at clvl 84, and 100% no chance at clvl 85. But at 86, when you can possibly get the 90 ilvl (86+4=90), you get the 10% chance of getting alvl 90 and your odds after that of getting +2 all skills (any class) are about 1 in 225. So overall your odds are heavily reduced.

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

No i am not talking circlets, but i have my info from the arreat summit. If that is wrong, then i am wrong.

Ah, i am now looking again and i see what causes the difference in ideas, i copy from the arreats summit:

"The items generated for the Gamble stock are +5 Levels/-4 levels of your character's level with a minimum level of 5. Note, this does not apply to level requirements sometimes seen on magic items, but instead means the base level requirements of base items. For example a Ring has a Level of 1, which means it's available at Level 1. Ancient Armor has a level of 40 which means you can see it in the Gambling screen at level 35. Look at the bottom of this page for a list of base item levels. "

That is for the availablity of items.

In the next paragraph the arreat summit says:

"When selecting which Magic Prefixes/Suffixes are available to be Gambled, the level of the Magical Prefix/Suffix is checked against the randomly chosen value in the range of +6 Levels/-3 levels of your character's level. So a Magic item with a Prefix level of 90 would be available at Character Level 84."

So if the arreat is right, then it is as i said.

About the crafting:
    I was wrong here, you do not need to be 94.
    it takes half your clvl + half the ilvl. both rounded down.
    since the ilvl of the gambled item is at worst 3 levels lower than you are, lvl 92 should be enough. The 94, i calculated wrongly some time ago when somone said it was -6/+6 instead of -3/+6.
    This only is assuming the ilvl of the gambled item will always be within that range, even if the chosen mods are much lower. I asked that in a conversation before and someone confirmed it to be true. More do i not know about that.

one question: that 225, is that the chance before or after that 10%? Is it 1 in 225 when you are lvl 93 and one in 2250 at lvl (84 or 86 whatever) OR is it 1 in 225 at lvl 93 and one in 22.5 at lvl 93?

I am only lvl 86 yet as of now, and saving money for gambeling for when i am lvl 93. If its is one in 225 at that level, i might just as well forget about gambling and crafting....

What are other peoples experiences with gambling and crafting at high levels ?

7. ConnerMacleod

Wacken -

Anything you read on Arreat Summit is wrong. Except for basic items and such, they are usually off.

Actual game mechanics somehow got misconstrued between programming and Geoff Fraizer's fingertips. I've learned this over the course of 3 years of gameplay, and I learned never to trust that site for my info.

EDIT: 1 in 225 is the chance to spawn plus 2 skills when the appropriate affix levels are present.

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I have always been told in Classic the magic lvl is **..........now there are many things that change going from Classic to Xpac in gambling so i dont beleive you can use current listed info for Classic.

I wil say this, it sure as hell isnt lvl 67 or 76. I beleive lvl 67 might have something to do with +2 skills on weapon imbues but I never had an imbue worth a crap so do what has always worked for you and if it never worked try something else.

9. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

Truly wisdom that is often forgotten. :D