Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling problem and other questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FrolfFreak, Apr 6, 2004.

1. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

Gambling problem and other questions

Hey SPF'ers,
    SOme quesitons i'd like to throw out before heading to bed (and hopefully wake up and find answers to :))

1. I just blew a million or so gold trying to gamble a +2 Assassin skills claw for my 'sin. I was using her to gamble (a lvl 56 'sin in Act 2 of NM). I also have a lvl 51 fishymancer in Act 1 of NM. Is either of them a good choice for trying to gamble said claw? Or should i wait until i lvl up/reach a later act?

2. Can you upgrade a runeword item? Say i have a runeword "Strength" blade talon. Any way to upgrade the base item?

3. Just found a staff with teleport charges for the fishymancer. Not as good as an ammy, but you take what you can get. How expensive is it to recharge it? How do you recharge it?

Thanks for your time.

-F "Just one more post" F

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

1) I'm not a gambling expert, but I'm pretty sure your Clevel effects what you get. So gaining some more levels might help you out.

2) No recipe for upgrading runewords, sorry.

3) The price to repair depends on the level of the charges, I believe. Any blacksmith will repair it, like any other piece of equiptment. Also, if you find it to pricy, you could use the repair recipe (I don't know it offhand).

Hopefully someone else will be around with some more decisive answers :bonk:

Z_O

3. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

repairs on charges are not cheap, that much I know (at least for tele charges). So make sure you collect and sell lots of items to keep your gold level in check. And I am sure clvl does affect whether or not you can get certain mods to spawn on certain items +2 to skills on ammy's comes to mind. Not sure how it works for claws, but if you are that desperate for claws w/ plus skills why not use Bartuc's... I'd be glad to give you a pair for free if you gave me your email.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

1. +2 skills on a claw is alvl 50, so level 56 is enough to have the maximum chance of getting it. In fact, it´s the ideal level (you can rule out a couple of high-level affixes). Level 51 is not high enough to have the best chance to get it, since the affix level on a gambled item will vary between CLVL-5 and CLVL+4

3. I think the repair cost depends a lot on the extra +skills on the staff. If it´s just a plain "Whatever Staff of Teleportation" without many +skills (especially the level 30 ones) I don´t think it´s that expensive since Teleport is only a level 18 skill.

Another way to repair it is to use the Cube (item + Ort + chipped gem) but I think an Ort rune is worth more than a million in gold if you play untwinked, so I deem it not worth the loss.

5. Hergrom

Hergrom IncGamers Member

1. Not sure where you have progressed to within the game, but it may be easier (and cheaper) to buy +2 claws from Anya in Act 5 normal (or nm) than it is to gamble. Especially if the orange portal to Nilathak is still active. Anya often has 6 or 8 claws available, and they usually have good mods. Simply go through orange portal, come right back, talk to Anya, rinse & repeat.

6. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

@ Sincere: if you don't mind parting with the Bartuc's, i'd love to give it a good home. [email protected] Thanks dude :) Please let me know if there's any low-level gear you're looking for (maybe for grailing purposes?); i'd like to be able to return the favor somehow.

So when i'm gambling, the only factor that determines the mods that spawn is my clvl? Does the vendor or difficulty i'm in determine anything? What determines the base item type? Thanks for putting up with these questions; i'm pretty sure some one asked these a while back, but i can't find that particular thread.

-FF

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

1. Don't gamble for a +2 claw its not worth it buying one is much easier and can be done at act 5 anya quite effiecently it just takes time.

I dont know what type of sin you are playing but if you are looking for + skills and are planning to use a claw then you may want to try the magic weapon + 3 flawless gem recipe to get a magic claw with sockets however I warn you that you can not get the +2 skills using this method because the ilvl will be set to 30. You may still get +1 assassin skills or +1 tree skills. the big advantage I find is you can use this to reroll for "staff mods" such as +3 death sentry which may better serve your purpose and the claws will have 1-2 sockets in which to place jewels, runes, gems to boost your needs.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

it is only dependant on your clvl. the vendor, the act or the diffuclty dotn affect it. the higher your lvl, the btet mods can spawn, and also the rarer mods have a better chance.

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Your character level determines:

1.) what base normal items that can be seen in the gambling window. This holds true all the way up to level 57, when all types have been "unlocked" and have equal chances to show up in the gambling window. See here for detailed levels (the table on the lower half of the page):

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/gambling.shtml

So a Circlet can be gambled already at level 20 but there is only 10% chance that it will occur in the "pool" from which the item types in the gambling window are randomized, so you can often open/close the gambling window a hundred times without seeing a single Circlet. I have found that for practical reasons, waiting until level 22 is a good idea if you want to gamble many early Circlets.

2.) the item level (and because of that, what affixes can spawn on the item)

Which vendor you use does not matter. I think it´s cool to beat Nihlathak using a couple of items you have gambled from him. :D

I don´t think the difficulty matters for the chances of excpetional/elites to spawn. The character level must of course be high enough so that the quality level of the base item is reached.

A little detail:
    * Circlets have no exceptional or elite equivalent.
    * A Tiara is an exceptional Coronet
    * A Diadem is an elite Coronet

10. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

The main things to gamble for, in terms of assassins, are Circlets/Coronets and Amulets (the ever so elusive +3 traps, +120 Mana). You can shop Anya for Myrmidon Greaves as well...just takes awhile, also she likes selling +3 MA/another mod as well. I have way too many of these, pretty useless in terms of end game as crafted and rare are the way to go.