Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling - ilvl

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by SeDnA, Apr 7, 2005.

1. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Gambling - ilvl

What is the ilvl of an amulet gambled by a lvl 89 character in hell gheeds? I use these ammies for crafting, so what is the ilvl?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Any gambled item will have an ilvl of charlevel-5 to charlevel+4, randomly, which is 84-93 in your case. The numbers from Arreat Summit are wrong BTW.

If you gamble an ammy with +2 to all skills of a particular class, you can be sure it's ilvl 90 or higher.

3. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

So at what level should i craft? 94? What if i gamble in normal? does the ilvl get affected?

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

When crafting, your level and the item level get halved (both results are rounded down) and the sum is the new item level which sets up which affixes are possible. There also is a crafting penalty regarding the level req. I'm not a crafting expert, so perhaps somebody else can tell you more.

It doesn't matter in which difficulty level you gamble. Only your class level is important. MF is not a factor, but a Gheed's charm reduces gambling prices.

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I'll assume you're aiming for amulets with +2 skills. As noted, an amulet must be ilvl 90 to have a chance at +2 skills. Gambling amulets with a lvl 95+ character guarentees they wil have ilvl 90+. For the crafting part, if you gamble with a lvl93 character and then craft the amulet with the same character, you're guarenteed of crafting an amulet with ilvl 90+ (and a chance at +2 skills).