Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling glitch?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by atigdng, May 21, 2005.

1. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Gambling glitch?

I am playing classic 1.10, and my throw barb is at lvl 26 and as yet has only gambled superior stuff... I mean I have gambled over 100 times and yet I only get superior items? Why is this? It makes playing an untwinked char. especially hard! I am still using the superior balanced axes I gambled from in act one. I am getting to wonder if it will ever change, also... The imbue quest didn't work for balanced axes for me either?! What is up? Don't like throwing barbs? I am clueless. Thanks for any help.

2. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

Question...

What is your magic find?

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Mf doesnt effect gambling, and i have no idea why you are not getting rares, especially with your imbue. Anyway, at that lvl you shouldnt be doing alot of gambling, finding stuff on the ground is the best wy to go, since you cant get much from lvl 26 gambling, and it takes much much longer to gain the money needed.

4. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

That is the problem, I am not looking for even rares, just anything better than superior would suit me fine, but I have not once seen any on th ground, and when I gamble all I get is superior! What's with that?

Money isn't a problem either, being a throw barb, taking frequent trips back to town to repair so I sell lots of stuff to.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Dr Thrugg or sir RTB might be able to explain it, but us mere mortals it seems cannot.

6. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

I thought you couldn't imbue Superior items, though?

Also, isn't Classic D2 gambling different from LoD gambling? Perhaps in Classic you can gamble Superior items, and he's just had a bad luck streak with it.

7. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

I used a normal item for the imbue, but it still didn't work.
    I don't think it is bad luck either, every single throwing item that I have gambled has been superior, but all others are like rare and magical like normal.

8. lasagnaman

lasagnaman IncGamers Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought throwing items can't have mods on them in classic... no magical throwing items or anything.

9. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Exactly so. Imbuing a thrown weapon shouldn't work in Classic at all - and any gambled throwing weapon will fail whatever it rolls and turn Superior.

You shouldn't even be able to gamble throwing weapons in Classic, so you at least have a source of ammo...