Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gambling circlets

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zooply, Sep 24, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

gambling circlets

quick question: can you gamble circlets with +skills and 20fcr on them? i've been trying to, but so far haven't come across any. my guess is because that 20fcr is a rare mod to get, but i want to make sure that it is possible to gamble them. i don't want to keep spending money only to find out i wasted it all:undecided: if i can't gamble them, well then it's back to gambling ammies and rings:grin:

2. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

yes...XXX circlet of the magus.

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ah. ty templecrasher =). at least now i know my money was wasted only cause of bad luck lol

btw, does it matter if it's a circlet or coronet? or do coronets have better odds of getting nice stats? also, what else besides those rings & ammies are worth trying to gamble?

4. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

the same odds for both. A circlets only cost 2/3 of a coronet and looks better.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The advantage of coronets is that you always have a chance to get all mods (which means +2 to skills in particular) when gambling with a L87 character while you have to wait until L92 for a circlet. For each level below that, the percentage of coronets/circlets which have a chance is lower by 10% and it's impossible if you are 10 or more levels lower.

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ouch @ 92. you sure it's that high? i thought i saw it mentioned somewhere that ilvl or something lowers it. if that's the case then i'm not buying circlets anymore. which sucks cause they were much cheaper lol.

7. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

thats true. I recomend to level your char up to lvl93 then you can gamble for amus as well which allways can have all mods if you want to craft them.
    You should wearing items with the reduce vendor prices by XX% mod for gambling and allways gambling in hell, since you can get there 35k gold back.

8. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

amus? guessing you meant magus but if not what is amus? =/ ya i gamble hell always =P. but i'm not sure what other items besides gheeds provides reduced vendor prices =(

9. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I think he meant amulets. Edge bow reduces prices (15% IIRC)

10. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ah ok. wasn't sure if it was a typo or not =P

.....of all items..... a bow! lol. that's the last item i expected to have it. anyways i don't feel like lvling my char to lvl 93 for gambling. at least not soon anyways lol. for now i'll just stick to gambling coronets ^_^ you guys wouldn't happen to have a crappy 3os bow to spare would ya? lol

11. Stax

Stax IncGamers Member

im sure charsi has one crappy for you :tongue:

12. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

good idea ;)

13. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

Wait i thought gambling circlets gave you a random type, like they all look the same (all look like standard circlets), but after you gamble it, you can see if it's a coronet, diadem, etc?
    Or was that only with regular weapons/armor?

14. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

circlets can show up as circlets, coronets, or diadems. I have had coronets come up as coronets and diadems, but never circlets.

15. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what you're talking about here, but it doesn't match what happens in the game.

Circlet and Coronet are both normal quality items. They both show up in the gamble screen.

For general upgrading, both Circlet and Coronet upgrade to Tiara and then Diadem. For the gamble screen, whether or not the item is upgraded is determined before you see the item. If a Circlet is going to be upgraded, it will instead appear as a Coronet. The result of this is that if you see a Circlet in the gamble window, it will be a Circlet. If you see a Coronet in the gamble window, it may be a Coronet, a Tiara, or a Diadem.

16. rykuss

rykuss Banned

I also like gambling the coronets as I have a chance of gambling a Griffon's. It's the only way I'm ever gonna see one on West.(gambled a Kira's this season so far) An edge bow and gheed's work nicely to cut those nasty prices down. :wink3: I'll also save the rare diadems I gamble for rerolling later.

17. Are

Are IncGamers Member

I've gambled many +2 skill amulets, and my highest lvl character is lvl89..

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Then you have wasted a lot of gold, as the portion of amulets which have a chance to get +2 to skills is 10%*(charlevel-85), i.e. only 40% at L89.

You should better gamble for coronets, as all of them will have a chance to get +2 from L87 on. Below that, better gamble for rings or belts, boots and gloves.