Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gambling & Builds

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Sessily, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Gambling & Builds

I play mostly single player and installed 1.06 classic to take advantage of the ease of gambling mostly to stock up on some SoJs. My question is :

1.) What is the easiest way to obtain gold for gambling ? I assumed a Sorceress so that's what I started. But then I thought more about it and it seemed like a Goldfind barb would be even better.

2.) What is the easiest build for classic? I really don't want to spend much time here as all I want is to gamble some SoJs. At what level can I spawn SoJs from gambling and how easy is it? Is there a list of Qlvls so I can see when I can get other uniques?

3.) What is the best gambling version? I figured 1.06 as the most latest until 1.07 gambling nerf, but maybe there is a better one?

Thank you!!! :)

2. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

Re: Gambling & Builds

I think in 1.06, only one of each unique could spawn per game, so I don't think you can "stock up" on any. Though, for rings, you need to have a nagelring for a manald to spawn, then you need a manald for a SOJ to spawn.

1) You'll have all the advantages of pre-LOD goldfind rares, so I'd go with a barb and do trav runs.
    2) I _think_ that in 1.06 there weren't immunes in hell. I'm not positive on this, because I'm mainly playing 1.03 single player now. So I think sorcs will be fairly easy. Maybe even a tri-element? I've forgotten all of the old sorc builds. Not sure about the lvls for gambling SOJs, though. I'll look into it.
    3) I've found 1.03 to be the best from my personal experience, but I'm not sure, it may have been chance.

3. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Thank you!!!

Any other opinions?

4. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

Where did you get the older patches? gl with your gambling.