Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gamblin excep items question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Rayven, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Rayven

Rayven IncGamers Member

gamblin excep items question

what lvl do i need to be to be able to gamble for the edge bow (excep short bow)? on the site it says lvl 18 as the clvl and lvl 30 i think for the ilvl. i would have to be lvl 30 for it to show up on the gambling screen right? the only edge bow i have seen was earlier today killing meph in normal mode. it was dropped by someone in the durance of hate. but i havent seen it in the gambling screen yet. i am lvl 26. so do i need to go by the ilvl when comparing my lvl to when it will show up on the gambling screen? thanks in advance.

Rayven

2. Rayven

Rayven IncGamers Member

ok i realized i need to compare my clvl to the ilvl when gambling. but do items that can show up on the gambling screen have a 6 lvl window just like as in getting some specific mods when gambling? what i mean is, that the gme randomly picks a number from -3 to +6 and adds that to your clvl and that number can be the highest ilvl mod on a certain item....but is that also the same calculation in determining what items show up on the gambling screen? what i am wondering is that say the edge bow is ilvl 30. then could i be lvl 24 and possibly get an edge bow on the gambling screen? or do i actually have to be lvl 30 for the edge bow to possibly show up on the gambling screen? cause i am lvl 26 and the ilvl for a crown is 29. but every once in a while a crown will show up in my gambling screen even though i am 3 lvls below the ilvl for a crown. but a edge bow is ilvl 30 and i never have seen one on the gambling screen. so i am guessing that since i am lvl 26 i have a chance for a ilvl 32 item to show up but it is probably very very rare. so i think 3 above your clvl can show up everyonce in a while but 4+ above your clvl probably wont show up much at all...is this correct? cause im kinda on the fence with the info i am given.

3. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

Just to let you know the edge bow wont show up in the gamble screen. You have to buy short bows which have a certain chance of being exceptional when it appears in ur inventory.

4. Rayven

Rayven IncGamers Member

oh ok thanks...do u know if i can gamble for edge bows when i am lvl 26 when the ilvl of an edge bow is 30? or do i actually need to be lvl 30? i would think i would need to be lvl 30 but i can gamble for crowns at lvl 26 when the ilvl for a crown is 29. so im not sure what to believe now