Gamble set and uniques

Bockhorn

Diabloii.Net Member
Gamble set and uniques

I was gambling amulets the other day and ended up with a Cathan's Sigil. Is this usual, to gamble a set or unique? I don't remember if this has happened before.

This made me start wonder. What is the best set or unique item you have gambled? Any SoJ's or Mara's out there? :smiley:

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
I was gambling amulets the other day and ended up with a Cathan's Sigil. Is this usual, to gamble a set or unique?
It isn't usual, but it is possible.

I seem to remember gambling a Manald once, thats it though.

Since I only gamble for Rings, Ammy's, and Circlets I'm sure it shouldn't be long before I get a Mara's, and a Kira's, and a Soj..... right?

-hps

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
The chances are 1 in 1000 for set items and 1 in 2000 for unique items, compared to 1 in 10 for rare items. Nevertheless, I'm letting my level 92 sorceress gamble for ancient armours. My low level characters gamble for hand axes and leather armours (to get the unique versions), all characters in between for rings and amulets, since for those the price is not astronomical and I can always easily reroll them in the hope of for once getting an ammy with a lot of resists or skills.

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
I've gambled Mara (25%) and Griffon Eye almost a perfect one :) so it's just a matter of luck. If you want to gamble alot don't forget about using Gheed's and Edg

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
Was it you who made a "I've gambled griffons" thread that started such a fight all over the place with RTB saying it's impossible, and all?:laugh:

my best gamble must have been a ravenfrost a while ago...

mr hamster

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait is this allowed in Version 1.11?
I remember someone saying to me that gambling sets/uniques was disabled in 1.11...:shocked:

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait is this allowed in Version 1.11?
I remember someone saying to me that gambling sets/uniques was disabled in 1.11...
From the patch.txt file under the 1.10 changes

"- Improved gambling by increasing the chances for Rare, Set, and Unique items."

And since it doesn't say anything about it under the 1.11 section I think it's safe to assume that they haven't changed it.

-hps

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
you have to figure in the odds of getting elite version of corronet...:evil:
Also i don't remember reasons, but I clearly remmeber RTB saying it's impossible...

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
you have to figure in the odds of getting elite version of corronet...:evil:
Also i don't remember reasons, but I clearly remmeber RTB saying it's impossible...
Gambling a Griffon's is improbable (after you figure in the odds for a unique and the odds to upgrade the gamble to elite) but not impossible. I believe the incident you are remembering involved gambling a Griffon's with a character in their mid 70s, which is impossible.

Off the top of my head, I've gambled a Norzakon, Ravenfrost (mid range stats), Vidala's amulet, and Death's Hand. The Ravenfrost certainly surprised me. :smiley:

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
I've gambled that Griffon IIRC with a clvl 90 and was posted in item find thread. as Cattleya saied, odds are very very low. However I'll gamble always circlet and coronet, just in case to find some upper rare or magic ones (some can beat every other item in the game) so good luck in gambling and may be someday you gamle griffon :)

LacertaCK

Diabloii.Net Member
I couldn't say what my best was in 1.11, I just don't keep track of where everything comes from.

Whichever patch it was that made gambling a lot easier (.07???), I gambled probably 3/4 of the sets/uniques possible, but I suppose that doesn't count.

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
ive gambled with my very first char after only a few goes cause she was in act1 normal when she gambled all these chance guards, tearhaunch and silks of the victor. i think i still have all three with ilvls of 25, 40 and 44 respectively.... does that mean i was lvl40 in act1 normal? i musta gona back there to gambled or soemthing unless i completely forgotten where i gambled em, just so sure that i gambled the silks in act 1 norm....

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
My best S/U result was my first: Tal's Ammy. After that I held a 'wanna bet on my gambling results?' competition (i.e. guess how many gambles before I land a unique ring, and win the prize - the answer was around ~1650, and the unique was a Manald's). I might re-visit this idea at some time with ammy's. :scratch:

I recently gambled ~165 million of gold with a lvl93 sorc, mostly on ammy's. IIRC, I had 2xCathan's, 1xCiverbs, and 1xAngelic. Woot! I did land a couple of very nice rares though (I think my best was something like: +2 Druid skills, 49/17/17/17 resists, 10% FCR).

Insane Wayne

Diabloii.Net Member
I've gambled several S/Us, mostly jewelry. My best is a perfect Ravenfrost. Nothing esle notable.

I recently gambled Iratha's Gloves in an HC tourney, exactly what I'd hoped for. Lucky break.