Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gamble for +Skills Amulet?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ElderDruid, Feb 2, 2004.

1. ElderDruid

ElderDruid IncGamers Member

Gamble for +Skills Amulet?

I have been trying to gamble for a +skills amulet for my Sorc. I've gotten +skills amulets for Barbs, Druids, Necros, Assassins, Amazons, and Paladins, but NEVER for Sorcs. Is this an intentional limitation? Thanks.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It's a 1 in 7 chance, so it's just bad luck (+sorc skills can appear on gambled amulets). Keep going and you'll get one eventually :)

3. ElderDruid

ElderDruid IncGamers Member

Thanks. My concern is that I've done literally a hundred or more gambles and have yet to get one.

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

u should also (if you don't) pick up all magical ammys/rings. cube them to reroll the mods. 3 of one is one of the other and viceversa.

5. Ivor Adella

Ivor Adella IncGamers Member

I gambled for my +3 to summoning necro amulet.

It took several days and millions of dollars and untold attempts at cubing the +skill paladin/sorc amulets into rings and vice versa, which produced absolute crap everytime.

I saw so many + skill paladin and sorceress amulets. Very few necro.

So yeah, there are plenty of sorceress amulets out there. Too damn many from my exp lol...

6. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Remember to also wear a circlet of some sort while gambling (or even mfing, if possible). Circlets improve the quality of suffixes and prefixes on item drops and in gambling. Not sure what the numbers are, but you can find them at the Arreat Summit info on items.

Gamble with your highest level char and equip them with a circlet...should help.

hope this helps,

-X

7. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

No they don't - the 'magic level' bonus on Circlets (and certain rod-type items too) only benefits that specific item, no others. This was a common myth that spread in the early days of the Expansion.

8. techie

techie IncGamers Member

To elaborate on what shade said: Only when circlet/coronet/diadem/tiara items drop or are gambled will the magic bonus come into effect. For more info, read up on arreat summit. www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items

9. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Quote from Arreat Summit

Circlets have a special magic ability which allows players to receive a higher level magical Prefixes and Suffixes on Monster Drops and when Gambling on Circlets. This bonus only applies to the bonuses that appear on Circlets themselves. This does not help generate better Magic Prefixes and Suffixes on other items. So when you receive a Circlet via Gambling or a Monster drop the Magic Level helps increase the chances that a better Magic Prefix or Suffix will appear on it.

So when gambling for a nice circlet, tiara, diadem etc, you'd best wear a Diadem. It virtually increases your char level and Diadem is the highest level of circlet.

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

That's misinterpreting the quote (although given that the Arreat Summit is written by someone who knows little about the game's technical background other than what he's told by others...).

The Magic Bonus is only factored in if the item being generated has one. The Magic Bonus that is used is that of the item type being generated - not one from your character's equipment. The equipment worn by your character is not even consulted for this...

11. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Lol, but you can see hwy most people THINK it does :)

So it's like this. The level of te pre-and suffix on a gambled Diadem are possibly higher then on a normal non-circlet helmet. So that's where the story came from that only Circlets can have +2 skill, it's got to do with the increased level of pre- and suffix.