Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gaining no experience

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by climbsomething, Mar 7, 2004.

1. climbsomething

climbsomething IncGamers Member

gaining no experience

Okay, i started a new sorc and quested mostly by myself through mephisto. Then found a kill D game and a group of us offed Diablo. Now all of a sudden i'm in Act5, Level 22, and i'm gaining hardly any experience. Since i started Act5, and I just killed Nik I've only gained one level. For every monster i kill i get like 10 experience points, and when i killed Nik i got maybe 1500 exp. Does that seem awfully low? If so what's going on and how do i fix it?

Thanx

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

When you are more than +/- 5 levels from the monster, you only gain 5% of the potential experience from that kill. Since a normal monster gives little experience to begin with, 5% results in well practically nothing. Go back to arcane sanctuary and act3 jungle and act4 to level up until 24-27 or so. Then you can go tackle places like bloody foothills where you will be able to gain significant experience.

3. ChimpFarmer

ChimpFarmer IncGamers Member

It's because that in act 5 there is an experience penalty until one reaches lvl 25. Your exp will be worthless in act 5 until you turn lvl 25, but afterwards it should ramp up nicely.

Thanx to another of Blizzard's anti-rush techniques.

4. Stosh the Overseer

Stosh the Overseer IncGamers Member

Yeah what is said before is exact, so i could only add that try and complete ancients on lvl 23 so you actually gain the lvl reward, and only have one lvl to pass before baal running and making GOOD xp .
    The other day I was lvl 24 when I did quest and didn't have the lvl reward ... was I deaming ???

5. climbsomething

climbsomething IncGamers Member

thanx everyone
    i didn't know that

6. At0mix

At0mix IncGamers Member

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Not just in act5, the experience penalty below Clvl 25 count for all acts and difficulties.