Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gah no Blizz Sorceress FAQs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Kool69

Kool69 Diabloii.Net Member

Gah no Blizz Sorceress FAQs

Well well looking through the strategy compendium, it seems there are no blizz sorceress guides. I have a few questions about this build *it seems ive had a lot of questions these past days ha =D*

Anyways

• Should I go for single tree blizz or branch off and hit some other skills like fireball.
    • Is there really that great of a blizz damage difference between a pure and hybrid?
    • What are some viable hybrids?
    • What FCR should I be aiming to reach to get blizzard and glacial spike to a decent spam time?
    • Any points in energy? Or should I leave it at base?
    • Isn't 65% FCR the minium (sp?) you need for a decent teleport?
    • Curious, how does the no points in energy work out? I always hear everyone say nah don't put any points into energy you'll be fine, however I always find myself raising it to at least 50+.

Thanks again all you people who take the time to answer my endless spew of questions.

-Kool69

2. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

1. Single Tree Sorceress.
    2. Big difference.
    3. None, FO>Blizzard for hybrids. Less points, decent damage.
    4. Not much. My Blizzard Sorceress has 20%FCR while magic finding, and 50%FCR while questing.
    5. Base
    6. Minimum? In single player there isn't much lag and occy saves me if I get locked by monsters so there's not much of a problem. Not too sure on this one but my sorc survives with 50%FCR.
    7. My sorc with base energy has ~500 mana, which is sufficient, for a blizzard sorc.

3. Kool69

Sweet Thank You =D I think she is going to be a *gasp* pure bliz sorc, thanks for answering my questions.

"Well the sorcy forum would kinda help :p" But you all respond so much more quickly and have a lot more knowledge about them in single player play =D

4. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

I've never played a blizz sorc, so I have little input here, but I just wanted to say that fhr helps A LOT when teleporting through busy areas. Probably more so than a lot of fcr :)

5. dune6836

dune6836 Diabloii.Net Member

my blizz sorc put no points into teleport. instead i have a rare +3 teleport orb and lidless wall on switch. with her other stuff this gives her level 8 teleport and 70% faster cast when she uses it. this is plenty i find.

6. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

Since my own sorc is still in A2 normal, I can't tell. I spent zero point in eng (not in my plan to do so), but since I still melee most of time and starting using fire wall (first planned to max orb however), so I don't know how bad her mana will be yet.

But I think she will be fine, since mana potion can solve her problem.

7. Rugruth

Rugruth Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know how 'rich' you are item-wise but you will really need a good merc to beat hell ancients, because always at least one of them spawn CI. You can, however, join a MP game to do the quest.

Wow necrolemming, 14k blizz damage. My best blizz sorc was using occy tals armor, shako, tals ammy, spirit monarch (was on cattle.net), and she did about 4500-5000 cold damage, with about -150 res all from CM... and she RIPPED every non CI monster, even on full games...

8. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

Anyway, you don't need to be super rich to beat hell ancients solo.

I used:
    Stealskull Casque 'Jewel of Fervor'
    Duriel's Shell Cuirass 162% Enhanced Defense
    Ethereal Hone Sudan Ghost Spear "ShaelAmnAmn"

Stealskull and Duriel's Shell were free from a giveaway or something. The Hone Sudan was in a package deal, in which I paid 50 pgems. I used a pul which I found in the pits.

9. Rugruth

Rugruth Diabloii.Net Member

Thats a very good merc for me :D

10. Llathias

Llathias Banned

you might consider getting energy up to 75 if you're playing untwinked and don't want to melee until lvl 30+. and personally i like to kill all the monsters and don't want to let my merc finish a whole area, so FW is a good option. (or, i'd read here that someone was using a +2 Meteor +2 Fire skills staff on switch, with 1 point invested in Fire mastery.)

11. Zavior

Zavior Diabloii.Net Member

No, you wont need energy. I cant think any character that would NEED energy for anything. 1.10 made mana pots available from vendors. I guess we shouldu se them.

12. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

Your main skill is timered, and it doesn't eat a lot of mana, definitly go with the base energy, even untwinked. In levels around 20-30, place some Saphires into your armor or helm, it will help you a lot. Look for +mana equipment.

13. Kool69

well once I hit level 28 I can start my twinkage into some new gear (Peasants etc) that I so kindly got from NSX's giveaway. Plus Sleepless tossed me a full set of sigons to help me get there so she's doing fine freezing and hacking away at monsters.

Speaking of a good merc set up would this be fine?

Kelpine Snare
    Black Thorn's Face
    Guardian Angel

Act II Defience since I don't need more freezing and defense is always good to have =D

Of course I need to find him some ll from somewhere.... But will that be fine for a while?

14. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

That's a good setup, but why blackhorn's when you already have massive slow target on kelpie? You'd be better with vamp gaze, tal's mask, crown of thieves, andy's visage (although the lvl req is really high on this one), etc. for the life leech.

I would actually say that Duriel's shell (if you've got it) > guardian's angel since you won't hit the ideal 90/90/90/90 resists for a while on your merc.

15. Kool69

Well I got all that from NSX's giveaway and didnt want to take the last crown of thieves so i took one of the three black thorns for my merc because I saw it had lighting absorb, and I grabbed one of the guardian angels because more characters than just my merc can use it... well they could use duriels too....

Can you find duriels and vamp gaze/tals mask/crown of thieves off of NM Meph?

16. essojay

I'm not sure about crown of thieves, but the other two, yeah.

17. Kool69

Okay sweet =D

(Now I can reply since the forums are back up yay!)

18. slappy sam

slappy sam Diabloii.Net Member

I suggest going pure blizzard and with a good mercenary. Go with base energy, definetly. I made the mistake of going with a lot of energy with my first blizzardress and had to remake at level 92. Try to get as good a merc as possible- he really will help a lot. Your setup looks pretty good. I STRONGLY suggest wizardspike on a tele switch for teleing to durance, wsk, etc. It is such a good weapon: 50 fcr, 75 resist all, and lots of mana. I used a Lidless with it to get 70fcr right there. Then equip mf stuff like Gull and Rhyme on your switch. :thumbsup:

Of course, my mfing advice is for endgame.

19. Kool69

Funny you should say that, I picked lidless and wizspike as my weapon and shield out of NSX's stash. =D

Oh and this is what I'm thinking my stats should look like

Str. 106 (Archon Plates)
    Dex. 75 (Wizspike)
    Vit Everything Else (Well you always need life)
    Energy. 35 (Base)

Good?

20. essojay

I'm not too sure why you would want to equip archon plates (since the FCR-rich vipermagi is readily available from NM Meph and the likes), but that's your choice. Otherwise, the stats look good.