Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GAH!!!! drop stealing bastards!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Killfrenzy, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

GAH!!!! drop stealing bastards!

ok im in a baal run game baal goes to summon his first wave of minions. this pally lags up right where they spawn. practically everyone in the game fires at colenzo and kills him pretty much instantly. i see a unique tomahawk on the ground and run to grab it (its right next to the pally, who had almost died) of course baal choses that moment to decrep me and the pally scoops it up. the pally spends the rest of the game hiding behind a pillar. the pally then announces that the razor is ethereal!!!!!

i just about lost it. i call the pally a drop leeching (expletive deleted) and leave the game.

GAH!!!! i hate these drop leeching jerks! :rant:

2. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

so you expected him to leave it there on the ground for you?
    im sorry but i dont see the point of this. if you play in public games then deal with it.

3. katanadaishi

katanadaishi IncGamers Member

When you play with people you don't know they will take all drops in a heartbeat sometimes clicking on just about anything just to get something. While this is painfully annoying especially for those like me whose computer freezes for 2 seconds everytime when the top bosses die, I virtually got nothing out of full player public games. By the time the 2 second lag-freeze-factor (hey a new term) was over there was nothing to pick up (well save those that we're ID and determined as crap in those 2 freagin seconds).

If you want all the drops for yourself there is something known as solo running. Of course the only drawback is especially if you're going to solo Baal in hell is that you will find it most difficult unless you have a character powerful enough to handle all the monsters from Wordstone Keep 2 up to Baal himself.

The next best thing is to find a group of friends who you can play with and won't be item leechers/grabbers. They're hard to find but many of the players in these forums have actually found trustworthy buddies in bnet through the forums.

4. Killfrenzy

what im saying is this moron got the drop despite the fact that he spent 90% of the time hiding behind a pillar, when I, the one dim visioning the black souls and actually contributing to the party got squat

its kinda slow lvling a lvl 80 something in single player games. it goes a lot faster in big public games since none of my friends were online at the time.

ive come to expect idiots like this, but it still FRIGGIN PISSES ME OFF!!!!

oh and btw eth razor can be useful, ive seen people online offering a fair bit for one. for alot of zeal pally's that cant get a BoTD it's dream weapon.

and if you read my post i was trying to LVL and not mf, if i were mfing i would be doing my meph/pit runs. You cant tell me that you guys dont get annoyed when someone who isnt doing anything grabs the gold lettered item

5. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

this is why you should mf alone... plus i dont see what the big deal is, at the throne, its always the fastest clicker gets the prize. i'm a fast clicker myself... i got an azure at the throne. and plus, an eth razors edge isn't something to get all huffy puffy about, NOT that great of a find, especially to be b*tching about...

6. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Thats the nature of pub games. I've given up trying to snag my drops. Other peeps gleefully snatch up drops I cause alla time. Once in awhile you find a player that acknowledges its yer drop and waits a few secs to see if U grab it (I extend the same courtesy) - but those players are few and far between.

Resign yerself to just gaining exp in pubs and grab drops in private games - you will feel infinitely better then. Afterall, its just a game - nothin to get bent outta shape over.

7. Killfrenzy

as i said before i know these things but it is still VERY annoying

8. Thanatosia

Thanatosia IncGamers Member

Yeah... it sucks.

This is why i've quit playing D2... Got tired of trying to balance every character I wanted to play to be able to solo hell (dang immunities), but was even more tired of never getting any drops in public. Like has been said, nothing much u can do about it but deal; personaly I just got tired of dealing. I was kinda hoping 1.10 would come out with some form of better loot distribution system then fastest clicker with least lag gets every item all the time; now I'm guessing I'll just have to pray D3, if ever made, puts some thought into this issue.

9. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

When I used to do public baal runs, I would always drop some crappy items on the ground near Baal right before he died. Of course, everyone immediately picks up my magical short swords. This works even better if you saved up normal uniques that everyone had tossed from the last run and you drop those.

10. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

So immoral.. so.. evil..

I love it. :D

Gonna try that on my next Baal run, heh heh heh.

11. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

it didn't sound to me like he was hiding..you said he ran right up to where they spawned and nearly died while the rest of the party was doing the killing.

You ran up and got decrepified because you saw the unique and he grabbed it before you did because he was closer to where it dropped right?

Why should he have let you get it if there were several other people in the party doing the killing? Wouldn't one of them be as deserving as you?

Wasn't he as deserving since he was right in the center of the mob and nearly dead from their attacks while you were farther out using a ranged attack?

I'm just curious who you think deserved the item since there was a party doing the fighting and it was public so none of you knew each other...

That said I hate it when I'm in a game like that and Baal, Meph, or whoever goes down and the stuff is scooped up before it even hits the ground. Fast clicking is one thing but when you have alt held down and everything is gone as fast as it appears taken by people standing farther away from the boss than you are it is pretty annoying to me. That is why I started playing alone more often. I've never gotten anything from a public game that wasn't grabbed by someone else first and then dropped because they don't want it.

12. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

They don't last that long anyways. I threw mine out ages ago.

~Hearts~

13. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I totally agree. Even though it's kind of a "rule" that the one picks it up gets it in public games I still get angry. At least when a leecher gets the item.
    Try to find some people on the matchup forum to play along with. I play with my friends in private games and we always decide who gets the item/items. If you're on Europe you can follow us if you like.

14. iamscottbowdown

iamscottbowdown IncGamers Member

Well, I remember in .09.....
    It was a game to get the hell baal quest.
    I got worldstone 2 waypoint, and a sorce joins game.
    I start killing monsters.
    I click on one of the monsters with zeal, the first hit kills a monsters and a gold monarch drops
    Sorc funs over and snatches it in that extra second while my other 4 swings are going.
    Then she starts sayingn stuff like "OMG perfect SS!!!" "Im going to trade it!"
    THis pissed me off because she never even attacked, stole my drop, bragged about it, then was just going to trade it when I would have used it.

15. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

You have a funny hat.

16. Bonesman

Bonesman IncGamers Member

I agree that it's stupid to whine about not getting items in public games, but I think what he's saying is also true. It annoys me when you do all the killing, but some jerk stays and hides and does nothing but leech exp and he runs and steals the items. But there are idiots like that all over and you just have to deal with them. No sense letting idiocy ruin the fun of the game.

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well, you just got to deal with it.

18. Cloud9

Cloud9 IncGamers Member

heh. My comp always lags when an act boss dies, even though i have cable. I was to slow to get a Bul Kathos Colossus Blade, 2 rainbow facets, gheeds, and a bunch of other stuff. It just depends on who ever is the faster clicker i guess.

19. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

WHPGPWeijp239u5q92387078360&^$)%&@)%#^)&$)&

same thing happened to me TODAY

faopfh noioooblar enigma stupid necro comes in steals my drop. I was in corner of the throne room killing some monsters. BOom pops unique phase blade, what u know, enigma necro swwoooooops in and its gone beofre i a split second.

i hate pubby i hate noobs (not newbies)

20. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Stealing drops isn't as bad as pickit.

I perfected quick clicking and picking. But in most public baal runs, you wont even see the items hit the ground.... arg.