Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GAAACK!!! Can't kill in Hell Pt 2!!!!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by tagkc, Mar 20, 2004.

1. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

GAAACK!!! Can't kill in Hell Pt 2!!!!

Well I found 2 issues that have really helped to resolve my problems:

1. User error - I'm learning here, but I found that I can switch spells and continue casting w/out lifting my finger off the right mouse button. I know this sounds silly, but I kept pounding that button. The number of spam spells cast is greatly increased by just hitting hot keys.

2. Equipment - No, not armor or weapon or jewelry, but my computer. I just moved from my old POS 500 mHz puter to a brand new shiny 2.4 gHz machine and OMG what a difference! Instead of plodding around w/ my tele getting hit by everything in sight, I'm just bouncing around and am gone before many of the bad guys can realize that I'm there. I never realized the difference that would make. As a bonus, using the 3D graphics, the colors that are in this game is simply incredible. It's like playing a whole new game.

Now to my remaining problem..... Baal's minions. I can get by the first 3 waves easily enough, but Ventar and Lister still give me problems. Any tips on handling these guys?

Thanks folks!

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Umm. Not sure what the first bit was all about but.. What char class/build are you? Kinda need to know that to help you for listers crew.

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Well I'm guessing it's a sorc:lol:

4. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

LOL - sorry 'bout that. I still have the previous discussion still in my head.

Meteor/FO sorc

Skills:
    Meteor - 20 (32)
    FM - 20 (32)
    FB - 13 (25)
    Warmth - 5 (17)
    + Pre-req's

FO - 20 (30)
    CM - 4 (14)
    + Pre-req's

Wasted pts in ES (1) and pre-req's

Equip:

Tal's armor/belt/ammy
    Occy
    Um'ed Shako
    Pdiamond SS
    Travs
    1x Fire skiller
    lots of life/mana sc's
    some 7%/res

HF merc w/ CoH, 2x Amn'ed Bonehew, 40/15 Gaze

(the first part refers to my previous post. I was getting my butt kicked by Meph and most of act 5. After getting the new computer and learning a few skills, that ain't much of a problem any more)

5. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

You and your merc have good gear. I like to pre-blizzard Ventar and Lister with my 1 pt blizzard plus skills from long range, quick orb on the way in, a few quick statics, and more orbs, ready with shift + potion for merc just in case he is getting whooped. As long as merc is up and Ventar/Lister are chilled, they seem to go down in short order. My merc has more problems with Bartuc it seems.

6. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

thanks much! I tried the pre-blizzing and it's pretty nice. I guess practice makes perfect, cause I'm getting better at it, and my merc is surviving better too. As far as Bartuc, I keep spamming Meteor - FB - FB - Meteor (after making sure there a good carpet of fire when they spawn) and he goes down pretty quick for me. To keep my merc alive, I've learned that a quick tele to keep him at heel is useful too :D

7. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Why dont your chill monsters with your Orb and then plant Meteor - FB - FB- Meteor, or even better Frozen Orb - FB - FB - FB - Meteor, rinse repeat. Orb has alo tmore Killing power than your low-level Blizzard.

Blizzard is great no doubt, but better used and effective when used fully pumped and additional CM or synergies.

My setup:
    Left mousebutton: always FB
    Right: Meteor or Frozen Orb

FB always gets spammed, great machine-gun spell.

8. memememe173

Lister and pack are fire immune

9. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

Yep, that's why I don't use FB or Meteor on them.

10. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Lol, A few days gone you had your butt smacked by Mephisto and now already you're ready to venture to Baal? Well, to be true, I kinda like running Baal myself. Not only for the drops, but also for the Exp you'll get. Here's how I take care of them baddies with my level 95 Meteorb sorc.

1. Colenzo; He's always Fire Immune, but his minions are not. Carpet bombing with Meteor is a good plan, cause it get's rid of the minions. They usually die also when he tries to ressurect them. Colenzo follows quickly after a few Static + FO on his hiney.

2. Achmel; Is never Fire Immune to my knowledge (or I failed to notice) but is always Poison Immune. The two major pains with this Bosspack are Achmels Poison attack and his skellie minions with their chilling attacks, which are quite hurtfull actually, and combined with Baal's Decrepify result in a BIG reduction in mobility. CBF on merc is almost mandatory here.

Carpet bombing with Meteor is always a good plan here. Together with a few Static and some Fireballs you'll easilly dispatch the big guys. The skelletons won't get revived after the biggies are gone, so they're easilly dispatched afterwards with some Fireballs.

3. Bartuc; Is always Lightning Enchanted, but has no set Immunity. I'm almost sure he can't be Fire Immune and to be straight I haven't really checked his immunities lately.

Once again, carpet bombing works great against these guys. I usually don't have time to do something else then Static before they're dead. These are actually the least hurtfull minions, because they usually take their time planting Hydra's that have no real damage.

4. Ventar; These guys are on my list of monsters I don't want to be in a pack with. Their combined Inferno attacks can be quite hurtfull. Try not to stand in their landing zone. He can be Fire Immune, and is always Poison Immune. His minions are however only Poison Immune.

You guessed it, carpet bombing works great ........ or at least it does with a good merc. Ventar is usually Extra Fast, so he and his minions can swarm the unwary pretty fast. I always chill them with Frozen Orb and I usually end up killing them with it.

5. Lister; He and his pack are always Fire Immune and Lister can be Cold Immune (and every other immunity also). He can have all kinds of unwanted props, and has the punch to make these props really unwanted. An Extra Fast, Fana Enchanted Lister pack is not an easy thing.

Usually I try to be tricksome with Lister. I always teleport me and my merc to the platform at the feet of Baal. This way Lister & Co. can't surround you and can only approach one or two at a time. This requires a sturdy merc though.

The only times I have some difficulty with Lister is when he's Extra Fast, Fire Immune and Cold Immune. My merc get's stunned more then he hits. I usually try to help with Telekinesis to push back Lister in a wall and try to stunn him so my merc can get a clean shot at him.

11. memememe173

A magic orb with +3 lit skills and +3 static on the switch can help with immunes you don't want to get close to

12. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

Yea, I've learned the carpet-bombing MO through trial and error and LOVE that one. Operation Linebacker works very well!

Ah, grasshopper learns yet more from sensei. I hadn't realized this, but it makes sense. I shall have to put this to immediate trials.

Thanks much!

13. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Try to get your merc on the stairs and you behind him. Your merc will get the beating, but when he's sturdy enough he'll keep you out of harms way. Be wary of his props, because not many mercs (or chars) can stand their ground to an Extra Fast and Fana Enchanted Lister.

14. warding

warding Banned

With Pack number 4, they're easy to kill with FO, your merc should be able to tank them thanks to the MDR on his gaze, if not, just teleport back to keep him from being surrounded while spamming FO.

Pack no. 5 basically do the same thing, so long as your merc survives, you can FO them all to death. Be sure to stat field them for double killing time.

15. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Pack 5: Just like Stertje posted, Using the stairs and Telekinesis to keep monsters at bay while casting and having the Merc blocking the stairs is one of my favorite tactics.

Pack 3: Achmed can be a real pain, especially when he starts reviving the dead bodies around that remained from your initial entry into the Throneroom.
    He resurects to BLoddladies and Knights and then you have all kinds to look after. I always kill Achmed and his lot first though, otherwise you getinto Hells kitchen very fast!