Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GA on sorces?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by WackenOpenAir, Mar 1, 2004.

1. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

GA on sorces?

anyone ever tried using a GA on them?

seems pretty nice to me since with a wizzy, the sorc will get a good start at getting those 90 resists in hell and the chance to block will be a huge help for the sorc to get max block without insane dex.

I am asking cuz i recently found a GA, should i use it on the mf sorc i am starting?

2. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

GA is a very nice armor. However, it lacks three important mods which sorcs usually look for in an armor.
    • skills
    • mf
    • resistance (if you're already at max, that won't matter)
    The attraction is of course the +max res and block. However, at some point, you'll probably want to exchange it for Skullder's or Tal's armor for the extra mf, and then you'll need the full dex anyway. If only it had +1 sorc skills, it would be a lot more used! For questing and levelling, it's a very nice armor - but imho there are better.

3. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

i am planning to use it while teleporting to mephi and then swiching it to an mf armor when i reach mephi.

4. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

My Enchantress is going to use it. The increased block speed is invaluable, the increased block chance doesn't hurt, either. That combined with the 90% all resistances is well worth giving up other possible mods for. I think it's one of the best available armors for a melee Enchantress. For ranged sorcs, there's better alternatives though.

5. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

GA owns when hunting the D-clone - simple as that.... For other situations I think tehre are other more viable choices...

My 2 cents

6. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

doing the weapon switch is one thing, but this would get to be too much of a chore for me.

7. Hyey

Hyey IncGamers Member

I dont usually find myself dying to elemental things when I teleport to meph, but I do it alot so maybe I just became proficient at it... about the only thing I die to is a Might/Fanat enchanted extra fast doll pack with an urdar there to
    stun me, its game over when you see it (exit game fast! :p)