Fuzzy Forums

Fuzzy Forums

I'm using Fedora C5, with Firefox. For some reason, the forums are coming out fuzzy. I don't have any problems with other websites, although I haven't tried any other forums. Is there a font setting that I'm missing? I've tried changing the size, but then it just makes everything look even worse.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
is other text for windows fuzzy?
if your using a lcd screen set your desktop res to your monitors native resolution, everything will look alot better and be easier to read

ffejrxx said:
is other text for windows fuzzy?
if your using a lcd screen set your desktop res to your monitors native resolution, everything will look alot better and be easier to read
Nope, it's a regular CRT monitor. I think FF may be pulling in a different font for some reason, and substituting that one it.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
idono, reinstall windows maybe?
Haha, well, I'm a wise *** at times, but I just quoted the wrong post.

I would have said the same thing as above quote, because I wouldn't have known what Fedora was.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Poke through the settings and look for something to do with anti-aliasing. In Windows and OSX there's a systemwide setting for this, but I don't know about Linux, and about FF in particular.

DurfBarian said:
Poke through the settings and look for something to do with anti-aliasing. In Windows and OSX there's a systemwide setting for this, but I don't know about Linux, and about FF in particular.
This would be my guess as well.

Donny, fonts need AA at certain sizes. If the setting is too low then all your font's turn out fuzzy.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there some sort of GUI control center? If so, try changing the window behavious there. Set it to not using system setting, or similar option. It might be your system settings messing stuff up. I'm using KDE and I had problems with text changing size and going invisible on some sites.

I'm horribly drunk. I hope the above makes sense. If not I apologize.