Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Furysin super deadly now?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Yossarian, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Furysin super deadly now?

Fort and Phoenix are a must as would be a might merc with pride.

For a weapon I'm thinking.
    BOTD
    Eth Famine in a Legendary Mallet
    Eth ettin grief

to be ideal

Right now I'd use a eth death ettin as I have one laying around.

With max zenom that's a lot of damage on paper. Although I don't recall the last time I saw one.

That's about 1200 ed. I'm thinking around 4000 damage per star. Am I missing something?

2. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

You mean besides the fact that it's slow and you're a sitting duck? Hm.. dunno.

3. Frankeinstein

Frankeinstein IncGamers Member

what do you mean by slow?

zon's are sitting ducks when using a bow right? (have never played one or paid attention to one). I find the blade fury a formidable weapon on most monsters). I use a gimmershred & taramacs w/ lit facet. all that elemental combined w/ venom basicly gets most all of them including PI.

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

A 'death' ettin axe would probably be even better than the botd zerker - 465 max damage, so it's a bit lower than the botd, but it also packs 50% deadly strike. 3/4 of that is about 349, so you can expect ~ 350 damage per blade, with maybe 200% enhanced damage from your dex... I think dex affects it. That's about 1k damage. With deadly strike, 2k. And you fire like three blades a second, as opposed to an amazon who can fire ten arrows at 6k each, before deadly strike.

Sitting ducks work better when they kill things that come close to them, something that an amazon does much better than a bladesin.

5. Frankeinstein

I thought it was 5 blades a sec... Been awhile for me.

I find using a HF merc w/ eth bonehew socketed w/ (2) Ahm's helps keep him alive longer. My merc wears shako & durials shell. seems to work most of the time. had him for quite awhile. Shad master I just keep recasting till I get one that does the job. They hold em back while I mop up. once I get a couple corpse down, then the death sentry.

My main trouble is i'm not rich & don't play everyday all the time. so trading does not always work out for me. my bladesin best attribute is being able to shop for claws from Anya. Got some killer trapper claws & some excellent lit dmg claws for my no skills (well near no skills) sin.

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

In allhonesty, it might be 5/sec. I was going off the top of my head. That's still half the arrows a zon fires, though.

I'm not trying to turn you off of the bladesin, by the way, just giving a comparison. I actually really like the idea, I haven't seen all that many out there. Your trapsin will be much more effective, however, specially on a strict budget. Gimmershred (specially if it's eth) and tiamat's rebuke is a great combo idea for blades.

7. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Damage for what? PvM, the only changes to Ristev's spectacular guide are the Fort/Phoenix. Otherwise,

Eth Stormlash
    Phoenix Shield
    Guillaume's
    Fortitude
    Laying of Hands
    etc.

AR will be your only holdback. I'd suggest a Blessed Aim merc or something similar. Jah would be the best for general hitting percentages, but wouldn't help you on the bosses so much.

edit - shoot, while I'm suggesting all these dupewords, just use a Might merc with Conviction. Huge defense lowering, and Conviction will help both your Static (crowd damage) and CE (crowd damage).

8. Frankeinstein

So your saying trade the merc in & get a might merc... or blessed aim... Where I find him? Guess I need to look up guides again... it's been years.

I kept the account alive so as not to lose my mules. Laying of hands gloves... using soul drainers now. think laying would be better?

BTW, can't turn me off bladesin... I enjoy playing her too much.

9. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

oops... I actually meant Dracul's Grasp, but was thinking about LoH at the time and it kinda slipped. Soul Drainers are good also, and I'd only consider upgrading to get a source of Life Tap (which is only needed if you have trouble dying in Hell).

Might Act 2 Offensive in Nightmare
    Blessed Aim Act 2 Offensive in Normal (also in Hell, but it will be weaker)

10. Yossarian

What I ended up doing.

Eth Famine in a Legendary Mallet (huge damage and elemental)
    with my
    Eth ettin Death on switch for 95 CB (bosses)

Both weapons are ITD

Fort and Pheonix with Orphan Helm and Gore Riders for CB, DS, OW and 685 ed.

Trangs Belt (may use nosferatu if I use a raven)

I'm still deciding on gloves ammy rings and switch shield.

But I'm leaning towards Cleglaws gloves and shield on the switch (with death). That'll give me a big AR boost on switch to take down bosses. ANd the slow monsters is nice. I could then use a raven along with a good rare and Seraph ammy for more ED and AR. Or I can go with angelic ammy nad 2 rings for the AR and go with just about anything for gloves. I don't know if I want to use Dracs or SOul drainers because the curses messup my COS to lower enemy DEF and raise my Def. Possible orphans gloves for the ED to demons.

Merc is a might merc with a pride. Thats another 600 ED.

Still LVing him now will update when he's higher up and using some elite gear. But I'm expecting him to be a load of fun.

Skill points.
    20 SM
    20 Venom
    10 Fade
    5 COS
    8 others

63 total.

I'm thinking now how to use the other 35-40 skill points. Don't want to go DS route I think as it's too boring and the SM cast a lot fo them. Really can't decide yet.

BTW I've made every rune word I'm using. My LM Famine is totally useless outside of this build so it better be fun :grin:

11. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Two words:

Death Sentry. I guess if you *really* want to kill everything by shear might, then go for it... but skipping DS on a sin is like skipping Corpse Explosion on a Necromancer.

(I was going to say Amp, but that's more like MB or CoS... or something. I dunno.)

12. Yossarian

Ya I know but I'm remembering from the past that my SM cast them all the time. Has that changed? Casting them all the time just felt so much like trapping. I was tossing around the idea of bumping up TS to use with the death on bosses. Damage could get sick.

13. Frankeinstein

Think I should switch form Ormus robe to Duress armor? I was wearing rattlecage & crowcaw as my build grew up. Ormus is clean, So I could socket it.

Again, not being rich & having stuff noone seems to want to trade for really sucks... (enigma) seems thats all anyone wants these days.

14. Yossarian

BTW blades go at 6fps

Frank are you thinking for ED or the CB? If it's just for a little ED I'd go with Lionheart instead as it's way cheaper. If it's the CB then I'd say it depends on how much you already have. But I think both are better than Ormus robes. But honestly if you can afford Duress scrape up just a little more cash and get Fortitude.

Another cheap way to go would be Black Hades. It gives a bonus AR and ED to demons and has 3 sockets you can put ED jewels into. I mean 30-35 ed jewels go for a few perfect gems. 3 of those is still 100ED total. You could also do the same with a 3 socket Nats armor for some +Shadow skills and ED.

15. Yossarian

Well with my eth legendary mallet famine a lv 22 venom fort and phoenix I now do 3200-4100 damage per blade. So once I add my pride carrying might merc that'll be closer 5500-6000 max I figure. Pretty decent. There is also a hidden +100 ed to undead and 400 ed to demons on top of that. I also have 50 percent CB and some OW and DS too. Also have a 1000 life and max res at lv 65. So far pretty fun and in an 8 player nm baal run a very fast killer.

16. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

I honestly don't why so many people knock a build without even trying it..It's a great build that works.

6blades/sec at 6k dmg before other bonuses, is great on any build. Have fun with it!

17. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

More like 4 Blades per second. 6 frames per Blade.

18. Yossarian

Ya not sure why I added the 's'.

Anyway an update.

I swtiched out the might merc for a HF one. Much better for crowd control and the 500-700 damage is not the end of the world.

So I do 43**-52** damage per star. Even with all that damage you do not cut through things too quickly. In up to 3 player hell you kill pretty quick but in 5+ players you slow down quite noticablly. Even with the death weapon switch for 100 cb it's not blazing fast. But it is quick enough if you're not (like me) just coming off a mega godly zealot who does like 15000 a swing.

The one real issue I have is that the DS is greatly challenged buy my Phoenix which keeps eating up bodies. I try to cast the DS's far infront of me and stand back to limit the redemtion.

So far a lot of fun to play and lot's of "how much damage do your traps do?" and "dude how are you killing stuff?" Definately lots of people have never seen the build. I might try some duelling with her just for kicks. Nothing serious just some pubes. Showup kill a few people and leave just to freak them out.

19. Frankeinstein

HF is for holy freeze right? IThats what merc I have been using. Slows everything down whic helps a lot.Looks like I need to look for a new main weapon. I figured the ormus/gimmershred/tiramacs worked well w/ all that elemental dmg. & w/ Venon, ther was not much I do'nt cover.
    Sometimes they are shredded, somethimes they just dont go down...

Maybe I need to strip her down & rebuild her. wish they would just give you a huge storage locker/warehouse so all your characters could just visit it at anytime to be reoutfitted. Now I have to do a mule sort to see what I have...

Make a list & see what you all think.

20. Yossarian

For an affordable yet awesome weapon look into eth death. It works almost as well as my eth famine Legendary Mallet (which is worthless outside of this build). Weapon speed does not matter at all so go for damage only. HR GUL only. Stick it in a cheap eth 5 socket ettin. With Orphans helm, Gores and a Highlord you'd have around 80% DS and 100 CB. Getting 8000 damage 80% of the time ain't bad.