Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury Zerker

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Zanifer, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Zanifer

Zanifer IncGamers Member

Fury Zerker

Fury is a great runeword, especially due to its "33% chance of Deadly Strike" and "66% chance of Open Wounds". It withholds "Ignore Targets Defence" and "40 IAS". And then for the Frenzy Barb (Myself Included) the "+5 to Frenzy", why are people using Death's Cleaver or other alternatives rather then Fury if it's affordable?

2. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Fury does not give an Indestructible or auto-repair mod, so the base weapon has to be non-ethereal. Thus the damage is lower.

Also, Open Wounds is fairly weak in PvM.

Not to say that it's a bad weapon or anything, because it's not, but I'd prefer even a non-eth Stormlash over it (even more affordable :D).

3. Zanifer

Zanifer IncGamers Member

maybe, i do agree about the stormlash, but there are many other items (Beast doom, grief maybe? i dont play ladder) that have to be non eth, yet they are still incredibly popular.

4. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Beast and Doom's saving grace is that they provide auras. Fanaticism rocks for adding Damage and AR, and there's OW on Beast as well, so it's generally accepted as the overall best secondary axe on Whirlers. I see very few people wielding them as main weapons.

Doom's Holy Freeze slows enemies down by a lot, so you effectively get more hits down. There's also the OW and +Skills that can't be overlooked. Again, there are few people who use this as a main weapon.

Grief is better non-ethereal because the Damage bonus is very independent of the actual base weapon.

Fury, on the other hand, is easily noted for its massive OW and DS, but the ED% is comparatively low and the mods aren't as universally effective. It's still a pretty good RW, and I know a guy who actually spent the runes for 2x Fury Scourges for his FrenzyBarb build. I don't know about how much he liked it though.

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

beast is popular because it boosts the damage of the main weapon ;)

Grief is popular because it has that fixed damage boost to both the min and max that makes it superior to an eth weapon.

Fury was REALLY popular in .09 because of the bug and the damage it did, and while it's still good for the deadly/ow, it's not as powerful as the others.

-Hal

(edit - exile, by a hair!)

6. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Hair of 11 minutes, say you? :p. Tsk tsk Hal, I would have though you typed a little faster than that. You even forgot to mention Doom!

I forgot to mention that Eth Bugged Fury weapons exist in NonLadder. If you're on NL then that could be (a very expensive) choice.

7. Zanifer

Zanifer IncGamers Member

e bugged fury? us east? never heard of one, are the inde or what? bugged bugged with dif item stats? axe class? please inform me

lol

8. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

As far as I know, they exist on USEast Non-Ladder. They should be Indestructible Berserker Axes.

9. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Let's keep in mind that when I come into the forum, I open EVERY new thread at the same time and then work my way through them. So you got in there while I was looking at the other threads ;P

I really need to start refreshing threads when I get to them, or at least doing them one at a time :D

-Hal

10. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

You need to rig up a bot with all the answers to possible questions. Or...be more on the balll whats wrong with you man 11 minutes!!!