Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fury wolf or fireclaw bear

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by spade-man, Mar 5, 2004.

1. spade-man

spade-man IncGamers Member

fury wolf or fireclaw bear

ok ..should i build a fury wolf or fireclaw bear..all i have is a jalas for them..no armor no weapon no nothing and no other char because my only mf sorc died :S so some help on which one i should build would be great :D

2. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Whichever you enjoy the most...

Both would have high life as long as you go w/ OS... I've played a FURY WW and I've enjoyed it. I haven't played a fireclaw bear @ all. So, I can't give you ne input about that.

Playing a bear your need alot of IAS, to make up for the slowness... U want to reach @ least 35-50 IAS which isn't a hard task.

Just wondering w/ your MFER, didn't you keep a mule or two?

If u play on EAST HCL, give me a holler DS_WingBlade I prob have some spare druid gear, laying about.

3. det

det IncGamers Member

I am playing a WB right now and considered Fireclaw, but it needs (has) loads of synergies, so if you also plan to put points in Lycant, Oak and maybe a decent Grizzly...you have spend already easily 40 points. Shockwave is not too bad, 5 points there maybe.

This leaves you with about 40 points in Fire tree, the claws itself and a synergy. Apparently a 6 Shael (or 4 Shaels, 2 15 IAS + ED jewels) Phase Blade let you swing at 4 frames - outshining Zealots (or so the Druid Forum claims).

At the start, Sigons gloves and, say, Shield are a must. LL and 30 IAS. My build can take it easy, as I have the backup of a caster Party..so I mainly stun and have the Grizzly attack and the raven poop on monsters :lol:

HF merc to go with this build, maybe...? If you are slow, monsters better be as well. (or A3 ice merc for solid ice chunks?)

4. spade-man

spade-man IncGamers Member

yea but my sorc was only like 4 days old and didnt get to find much stuff lol..i think i have seen you in GAT ill give you a holla.

5. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

Would a 11 max 68 defense or 12 max 15 ias jewel be apropiate for this build? The defense one is pretty shitty but it takes advantage of the high defense.

6. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

The 11 max / 68 def has a high lvl req iirc, not sure... and 68 def isn't much considering.

the 12 max / 15 IAS would be a better jewel to use if the situation requires.

Wing

7. Dubby

Dubby IncGamers Member

for a fire claw bear a 5shael/ fire facet jewel works well in a phase blade :)

8. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Remember that with higher speed weapons only weapon IAS will help you with WB's//WW's. An occasional 5% IAS can help you over a breakpoint, but if its between 60% IAS or 60% WIAS (Weapon IAS), go with the WIAS.

9. thee_captor

thee_captor IncGamers Member

lol det sigons tho? the set round shield is better then that(75% block and lots of FBR) and leach does not matter in duels so do not use sigons. a better choice would be IK gloves + another part(boots maybe), because thats 20 dex/strength and 25 ias with gloves alone) I've heard of people using 6 sheal phase blade and not sure what the other gear is but u attack so fast u get chars in shield lock and they cannot move at all(not sure how true that is)

10. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Its 4 shael + two IAS//damage actually, for a 4 frame attack, the fastest in the game. You achieve blocklock, and stunlock due to the stun on maul. You won't need extra IAS from the gear.