Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury Werewolf?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Tastychiken_europe, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

Fury Werewolf?

Im very puzzled when building this :confused: .. i want it for PvP.
    my questions are:
    1 hand or 2 hand?
    Rabies or something else??
    all strenght or balance? maybe all in dex?.
    Max block or 65% block?
    What weapon to use?

im totally lost ^^

2. biko

biko IncGamers Member

2 hand ofcourse...

stats:

str: enuf for gear
    dex: nothing
    vita: rest
    ene: nothing

skills: max fury max werewolf max lycantrophy max oak sage rest in feral rage

equipment:

weapon: ethereal 3sock tombreaver socketed with zod/edias/edias
    armor:fortitude/enigma on nl
    helm: jalalala with ber
    amulet: .08 highlords
    gloves: not sure
    belt: verdungos
    boots: goreriders
    rings: 1 ravenfrost, 1 other ring

3. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

For PvP, 2-handed would be a mistake - any melee fighter without a shield gets dead very quickly. You NEED a shield - Stormshield, in fact - and you NEED max block.

The problem with a Fury dueler is that you won't have an easy time hitting 4 fps, which is your only hope versus zealers and wwers. I'd say ebotd zerker axe, stormshield, enigma (for the strength; since you can't tele in wolf form tho, you might wanna go for CoH), Ravensfrost and BK, Maras (Highlords looks better on paper, but remember that the ias won't help your wolf form), Jalals (no argument - best helm for shifters), and either T-gods (for lightning absorb) or Verdungoes.

4. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Highlords is needed for the deadly strike, not the IAS. Use highlords vs melee and maras vs elemental casters.

I would set up like this for an all around fury wolf:

Ebotd Zerk
    Stormshield
    Ebotd GPA on switch
    Enigma breast/light/mage plate
    Jalals
    Goreriders
    Bloodfists
    Verdungos
    2x Ravenfrost (good AR, saves dex for max block = more life)
    Highlords, Maras when you need fire, cold or poison resist.

5. biko

biko IncGamers Member

as jon said, highlords isnt used for ias. thats why i recommended 08 version which instead of 20 ias has 30% frw

anyway if u definately want to use a shield and 1h weapon then id say use griswolds caddy with 3*edias and 1 Lo rune

also i would choose tombreaver over botd gp anyday

6. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

I have to say I disagree on most of this.

enigma? are you nuts, this is a shifter, not a wannabe sorc. Use an ed/life armor or fhr (depending). more life, more damage, more uses. If you can't afford one, then use a lionheart. Its better than enigma at any rate.

Max fury, ww, oak, lycan. This leaves you 2 easy skill choices:: Heart of Wolverine or Rabies. The best wolves I have seen often go with HoW.

Its finishable by 90 to 91, depending on skill choice.

you can do a low str/dex for block/rest vit situation, or if you have the charms, go for all titan. I know titan wolves that average with only the weapon switch buff, 5.8k life. With a full buff, its more like 6.7k.

Ebotd zerker is a very popular choice and one that is good vs. even zealots and whirlwind barbs, although you will want ot build with at least the 10 dex from one angelic ring and the ammy. Its necessary at some points. With dual ravens and so/so charms, you should have at least 20-30k ar. dual angelics and oak=38k ar at level 91

gores is rather a given.
    jalals is a good choice..either shael or pruby for the semi poor, aside from that, ed/str jewel, ed/fhr, resist all, etc. take your pick.
    if you can hit 86 fhr without compromising your gloves, then go with steel rends. it can add quite a bit of damage, otherwise, go with bloodfists.

stormshield...shael is popular, but I have seen many that use a jah or ber to equally great effect. Your call here.

highest dr verdungoes you can get.

charms:: ar/max/life charms out the wazoo, fhr to get you to 42 or 86. anni, of course. Good luck with the wolf. As far as melee go, they can compete with all of them, including zealots and barbs.

--welt

7. aznbboi16

All you changed was the armor, so I fail to see how that qualifies as disagreeing with most.

Enigma is accessible to most people and I wasn't trying to give him a very specialized or expensive build using ed/str armors and such, which are very difficult to acquire. Enigma has it's strengths too. Did any of us say he should be teleporting around like a sorc anyways? No.

If he pub duels he will need fr/w to catch people and for dodging spells. The strength bonus is nice and will allow him to have high life. Extra 5% life, +2 skills and 8% DR are gravy.

If you're going to duel melee only yes an ed/str or dex armor of the whale or fortitude would be much better, but in pubs, fr/w is needed to catch running casters and for manueverability. But I guess enigma is too cookie cutter for some.

8. Weltkriegpally

I guess I didn't reallize that I changed very little. What I disagreed on most was the choice of weapons (caddy vs. ebotd zerker) and of course, the enigma. While I agree that the frw isn't too bad, it can better be found other places (like charms) where as ed or better stats/resists cannot (lionheart, for instance). Using the ed/mod armor of life also allows the use of switchable armors (and I like that option) vs. enigma, which doesn't. You get just about the same amount of life given that 1 point of vita sucks on druids, even with all the massive life bonuses.

--welt

9. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

2 handed is very viable, especially when you can 1 hit kill everything

10. aznbboi16

Lionheart is inferior to Enigma in a number of ways, but is superior in a couple ways as well. The str you will need allows a bit more flexibility in gear (although not much because it provides a large amount of str/dex which I don't doubt you will use to equip the rest of your gear and obtain max block), you get resist, and if you don't need the fr/w you will have more life. It is also cheaper and not as cookie cutter :rolleyes:

However, Enigma's +2 skills provides 34%ED (>20%), 44%AR (30% from werewolf) and +15% Life (10% from Lycanthropy). You also need 9 fr/w scs to make up for what Enigma provides which is equal to 180 life. That is also assuming you have 09 charms, because 5%fr/w no longer spawns on sc's. If you don't need the r/w (e.g. melee only), then that point isn't too important.

The 8%DR (which people seem to overlook) also allows some flexibility in your build. You can Ber your Jalal or Stormshield, maintain max DR with a stormshield and use Trang belt + Angelics (for a super high AR build) and a ton more other options.

ED/str armors don't provide that much more flexibility either if you use the str to wear your other gear and ED/Dex also sacrifices some flexibility by saving points for max block. However, these are far superior if you are dueling melee only and don't need resists or fr/w.
    But with the advent of Fortitude, these ed/stat armors pale in comparison. Fortitude provides much more defense, much more %ED, resists and a few other things of lesser importance.

Still, Enigma is a great armor for all around dueling in pubs, etc. It may not be the best for specialized melee only builds but it still holds it's own. Unless he duels in a league against only melee, I stand by my suggestion to use an Enigma. You don't even need to use the str bonus and go with a low str build if you don't want. It's still great for chasing casters and the str bonus is just %ED after that.

11. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

duel a ranged char once, before you say this. sure custom armor is nice, but you need to hit a guy to do damage. switching enigma for forti loses you 8%dr(which is, a nice bloodbelt if you ber storm), some life(2skill/fat str/5%life), and a lot of frw. try dueling a non melee class before saying enigma is a horrible choice ^^

12. Tastychiken_europe

Ok i think i know what to do know!...
    Helm: Jalalas
    Armor: Lionheart (low req so i can upgrade to Enigma MP later if i want :)
    Boots: Gore's
    Gloves: I think ill have Bloodfist's..
    Amulet: Angelic Wings
    Rings: Angelic and raven
    Belt: 14% dr dungos
    Charms: Dunno!
    Weapon: I dont know... :) some cheap weapon beacuse i wantt o be sure if im gonna use that botd (or caddy) or not :)
    Shield: Stormshield

Skills:
    Fury, ww, lycan, Oak and HoW

13. Weltkriegpally

I have dueled many non melee classes. I speciallize in vs. all duels, not just melee. custom armor is best for melee (or fort, depending), but there are a lot of things you are forgetting for non melee. If you go non melee, then you need a big 2 hander, and at times, you will still need the dr, which means shaftstop. Can't use that if you depend on enigma. If you need resists, lionheart and fortitude are pretty much equal, and you still keep the stats on lionheart. If its frw you are needing, its much easier to switch out to cats eye and say, aldurs boots (or somesuch). and get just as big a frw boost (along with other mods) than it is just to depend on one armor all the time. other things you are forgetting. If this is just a "pure fury" build, then the extra 2 skills is almost worthless. the "huge str" you get from enigma isn't all that useful (60 life on shaftstop =30 stats, and you still get a socket to play with). As far as dueling the non melee class goes, most are going to just try and teleport on top of you that you would face in a pub (note wind elementals and hammerdins, especially), and you are a moron if you go chasing them. Others, like necros..well, if they are being gm (no prison) then spears aren't that hard to avoid and it will take a *lot* of teeth to get a 6k life wolf down to dead. I am not saying enigma is a bad armor, I am just saying that there are others I consider far better choices (note that there aren't many I wouldn't choose over it for a wolf)

--welt

edit:: aznboy, I don't disagree that enigma is a decent armor, but my main point is that there ARE times you will need to switch to another armor for duels (say, shaftstop for a smiter duel or a coh for a caster duel...if you *really* need 65 resist all) in which case, depending on the huge strength from enigma is kind of a bad thing. For specialized duels, ie vita build melee druids, enigma can be a good armor. I have seen wolves use it, a ber helm and a shael storm and do very well using a good rare or blood belt. However, I am also of the opinion that specialized dueling is a bit limited, and its not always the best idea to limit your gear selection as such, which was my point vs. enigma in the first place. As far as charms go, I might use a couple of frw charms and I might not, but I rarely duel with over 100 frw, which is easy enough to get with gear (30 cats, 40 from boots is 70 easily) and add to that the fact that I play very defensively, which means less is needed. I guess only time will tell, but of 8 of the best wolves I see on east (vs. all, too), only one uses an enigma and the others use other armors (one even uses guardian angel). -wkp

14. aznbboi16

Dunno if you read my post, but if the +2 skills on Enigma is "worthless", than so is the precious 20%ED on your lionheart. You can also have a much higher max fr/w with enigma when you need it. Good casters (sorcs/necros in general) won't teleport on you either, so you'll be chasing them or you won't ever touch them.

15. Tastychiken_europe

I Didnt want a fight of wich armor is the best...
    I say that enigma might be good for some chars (hammerdins etc) but i think beacuse of the lack of resists it isnt the best armor u can have.

I regret that i swaped my CoH for Mp Enigma for my libby.. now hes basicly screwed on on Frozen orb >_<

16. Madcat

Madcat IncGamers Member

My Fury druid uses Cerebus' Bite. +4 SS and +2 FR with 114 AR. I socketed it with a 5/5 poison however I have found that Fury hits better than rabies. I have given thought to blow out the facet and replace it with a Sheal rune.

With a higher % of AR with Cerebus and Angelic ammy/2xrings is a better way to go.

As for the armor, I have used Bramble and Fort with mixed results. While Duress (runeword) is not a 'bad' choice.

As for the weapon, I have used Grief, BotD Eth Zerker and an Oath in an Eth Cryptic Sword. All have their strong points and weaknesses.