Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury weapon (yes, again): grief vs. botd archon vs. botd tm

Discussion in 'Druid' started by tarzanell, May 31, 2005.

1. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

Fury weapon (yes, again): grief vs. botd archon vs. botd tm

I know, it's the age-old (erm, maybe 4 years or so) question, but what would you guys recommend for a fury wolf?

It would be nice to have him both pvp/pvm viable (he's still in the planning stage)....is a shield that useful? I have to admit, the idea of the damage from a botd tm is pretty enticing, but will it be fast enough? Will I just get my ass kicked with it if I have no dr? And what about a botd archon staff? Will the extra vita be that useful, seeing as how I'll already be maxing oak?

I would definitely go for a grief over a one-handed botd, for the ITD/20% DS. Strength probs and dr would be resolved by the CoH and a storm. On the other hand, the botd's +30 to attributes and good ll are pretty juicy considerations to take into account. urgh.

Bear in mind, I have about enough funding for two high runes or so on this guy....I could couple grief with a CoH, or maybe go for a botd with an arky +2.

I'm torn between what the hell to chose, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks :) , and please pardon my disorganized presentation.

-tarz

edit: woohoo, post #100!

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

If u want a botd- go eth botd great poleaxe - offers best range/damage and speed of all other botd's. (botd tm is too slow, archon staff is only range 2)
    1 hand - grief pb.
    2 handed setup is fine, but u need massive life and maxed DR to make it work( Enigma + CoA + 15 dungos (coa can be ber/ ed -req socketed). Nothing less than 7-8k life on a 2h wolf (and its possible to go much higher than that, my 2hand wolf has 12k life atm :D ).

3. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Haxxor :lol:

Is that your new fortitude 2 hand wolf to kill smiters?

4. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Grief + Fort is a far better use of your 2 runes than Botd + ark.

Garbad

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

No, i made him with enigma so i can put all points (and i mean ALL of them :D ) into vit, turned out a monster, i still need a 2 sock 15 DR CoA to complete him though. Still does 10k with eth tomb so i figured dmg is plenty :)

6. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

i've been interested in a fury druid for a while, but i need to know whether a 1-hand weapon + shield druid would be viable for pvp/pvm. if not then why is 2-hand weapon better?

7. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

So you are not to use fortitude with 2 hands setup, right?. I am leveling my wolf atm, lvl 50 last night, still have to trade all the stuff for him. Im not sure yet which build may work better. Im leaning towards a forti build with the minimum strengh and grief as a weapon, with shape skillers. But I think, with forti, I can get more damage using max damge charms, dont know yet.

8. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

I have 2 wolves atm, 1 with forti + max block for melee dueling, and 1 all rounder, but i dont know, gonna buy a COA today maybe the 2 hander stands a chance in wolf vs wolf or wolf vs zealot too due to his huge dmg life and max DR. Still need to test.