Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury Vs Hybrid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by bogie, Nov 3, 2006.

1. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Fury Vs Hybrid

Hey everyone, Im trying to create my first Wolf :cool: , and im torn between Fury or Fury/Rabies Hybrid, and I just wanted to see what everyone else thought . The wolf will be for both PVM (possibly ubers) and PVP. If I go Fury extra 20 points will go to dire wolves for more summon life. Any comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

2. NokturnaL

NokturnaL IncGamers Member

I'd say if you can get a death web's wand and a -20res/+20psn dmg monarch then go the rabies hybrid route. i have one and its pretty awesome for pvp. if you cant get those, the rabies damage isnt too spectacular, so i'd just go the fury route.

3. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

For PvEverything, Fury build is good. That's a no no on the 20 skills to Dire Wolves.

4. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Yeah, if you wanna go fury, i'd put the xtra 40 points from not using Rabies right into cyclone armor... its a life saver in pubs ^^ It gives you sorta a "one-hit-free" card against traps/sorcs, etc...and sometimes that's all you need if your using like ebotd gpa.

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

If you go with eather one do 1 point in spirit wolves for meat sheilds. They will die after one hit but thats more then enough time to wipe some one out.

If you do maxed cyclone armor do max out something that gives it more aboserb as well. Thats the only way to get the extra seconds its going to save you.

6. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

Like the others have said it really depends on your gear. F/R hybrid is more expensive to build well.

Pure fury is great for both pvp and pvm as pumafang said. Just do the basic 20 wolf, 20 lyc, 20 fury, 20 oak, and then with your remaining points, get a few summons, I would advise 1 in ravens and the wolves because they are an excellent resource in pvp. I can't speak to cyclone armor as I haven't used it yet.

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Hm, i was thinking dire wolves because they actually might live a bit in PVM (I dont like the grizzly due to style points:rolleyes: ), and yes, i could get my hands on a deaths web and 20/20 monarch. Right now im leaning towards the hybrid, with 1 point into wolf and 1 into dire. Thanks guys, any more comments/opinions would be appreciated!

8. NokturnaL

NokturnaL IncGamers Member

id say get over the dire wolves. with only 1 point they arent really worth anything. the 1 point in spirit wolves for use as tanks should be enough.

9. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

Well, I will comment on the PVP side of it.

If you are talking wolf vs wolf I would always go fury over rabies.

If you want to do more of Wolf vs caster, rabies/fury is better.

Other melee (barbs and paladins) usually straight wolf works better ESPECIALLY if they have insanely high defense (35k+).

So, I geuss it depends on what you end up dueling alot (which would really come down to what server you duel alot on).

Personally, on USAEast I have found that pure fury is more successful in duels then the hybrid. Europe, I hear is very caster oriented so a fury/rabies build would suit you well there.

Well, good luck to you! :badteeth:

10. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Well, the 1 point into dire wolves and then +skills would just quadruple/quintuple my spirit wolves health, even though i only put "1 point" into them.

Hmmm. why is pure fury better vs meleers? Extra AR from WW?

11. Within

Within IncGamers Member

i guess so, but i will recommend rabies over fury for baba, jus rabies and switch to ur poison equipment and switch back & finally watch them die of your rabies.

12. Caninja

Caninja IncGamers Member

Fury/rabies does very well versus melee if you put pts into WW and leave 1 pt in Oak instead while still maxing rabies and poison creeper. Get best of both worlds as you get very good AR and good rabies damage. Think Kiba has this build (where I got idea from) and I've had tons of fun using it. But like ppl have said, its very expensive compared to pure fury.

13. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

Well...

I geuss it comes back to the fact that if you stop to switch rabies and switch back, you lose the physical attacks you would have been doing and your DR. For instance, if your vs a barb and you go to switch to you poison gear and he tele/ww's on top of your char. You lost the DR advantage that you had when you were using stormsheild because you had to switch to take advantage of the rabies trick.

Also, take into account that alot of good duelers have ways to deal with poison damage.

The final comment I have is that a rabies hybrid build with the best possible gear gets around 24-28k AR. A pure fury 36-40k (possibly higher not sure) AR, more hits mean higher chance of winning a duel vs melee (even if its only a 3-4% more chance to hit).

Well good luck to you.

14. akybo

akybo Banned

You said fury druid for meleers in special but how can u duel with a pure fury druid vs smiters?I got a rabies fury druid and I do very well against them,my only problems are when my rabies cant conect due to my low AR and when they trigger the firestorm from T and just keep me in fhr animation.
    le:the switching thing is not a problem,u can switch in less of a sec.

15. Smorter

Smorter IncGamers Member

I've noticed almost everyone uses Oak Sage. How come Heart of Wolverine is never used by Fury Druids or any druid?

16. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Oak is used more because the extra life it grants is much more valuable than 200% ed when you already have 700+ ed from fury and a further 575% ed from might/concentration
    Ie. life > damage

PS. Its used by druid summoners though, so someone uses it. They use it for more damage because their summons can be easily replaced and they benefit more from ed% than %life (has to do with their base life and dmg and gain%from bonuses)

17. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

some do use HoW depending on their set up, but its not so much of a need as wolves have less problems with AR.

18. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I would go Fury/Rabies for PvP, but for PvM I'd go with Fury.

You just need that extra tactic for duels like against Smiters or such.

19. TurfTalker

TurfTalker IncGamers Member

I'm assuming your using Jalal's? (as most shifters do..) Replace it with a Cerebus's Bite vs players with high def (barbs, palys). The +120% ar bonus does wonders.:jig: