Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury vs FireClaw

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jary, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Fury vs FireClaw

This whole Fury/Rabies thing is great...but I think its way overhyped. Players talk as if FC bears= shi* --like if you throw on infernostrides it deals no damage? Yeah, so if I throw on Tgods godly charge zons won't still kill me in 2-3? Lets think about this:

Fury
    ebotd/ss
    75% fire resist (no infernos)+(-25% enemy resist)= 50% resistance!
    8k damage/8k life, just to make it simple

Fireclaw
    phase/ss--4os facet armor +jalal/bloodfists
    50% damage reduction= 50% resistance!
    14-15k damage/5.2k life (these are my stats basically)

So basically, unless the other dueler throws a fit and puts on absorb, its a pretty even duel nonetheless. Both reductions absorb pretty evenly but usually wolves have a lil' more life but fireclaw should compensate with more elemental damage that gets absorbed though. I'm only saying this 'cause usually against a godlier wolf using grief/ebotd they'll usually only win 5-3 or 5-4 on me and marginally, a lot like the duels kiba had shows...except we don't usually walk around as much. And since both characters are low defense characters and use anghellics u can't say its about the ar either. Also, if wolf retreats or is pokey, the fc is able to 4k fissure them on the switch and swap back in time for them to attack, unless u time it poorly. Another fact is, if fury summons pets it won't effect the attack of fireclaw but 5 spirit wolves/oak can really slow down the initial fury from the wolfy, which doesn't seem like much, but if it allows the fc to land the first 2 blows its a really nice advantage at least to me but it requires u to go in with your pets. I'ma put Bears back on the map in this forum 'cause people seem to get no props unless it has anthing to do with fury rabies.

awooooo....Grrrr, slap

2. DelinquentFury

DelinquentFury Banned

From what I have seen, this guy Burnings on USEast, *neo- I think it was, would always use bear form against wolves, and he would shockwave first, or if he missed that he would maul first, and the stun from maul mixed witht he fire damage was pretty hard to beat. I think the main thing people give fireclaws **** about is that they can be absorbed, they don't benefit from deadly strikes, and they have generally got a lot lower life. Also they are considered BM by almost everyone, which is unfortunate. But hey, if you can make one work, go for it man. Look forward to hearing your tales. :grin:

3. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

Fireclaws owns fury or rabies

any fury druid on useast ladder that wants to give it a shot let me know

4. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

fireclaws are BM ? how so..

5. DelinquentFury

DelinquentFury Banned

I guess people associate it with being an "elemental" attack and not melee. So many rules huh? Anyways, I think fury > fireclaws personally. You can't absorb physical damage, and with a good amount of ds fury should be doing more damage over a duel as well.

6. superjayson

that's so stupid. Soon enough playing d2 will be BM.

7. The top ramen

The top ramen IncGamers Member

always slap on an ss for some dr:thumbsup:

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Not a insult but it seams like everything is bad mannered on east.

9. PheonixLeader

PheonixLeader IncGamers Member

Btw, 1.09+ is Bm.. in almost all type of duels, every char that use a rw that came from those d2 patch is BM..

Will be easier to say : BM = Potting/sorbing.

Fury own rabbies most of the time IMO. Fc vs Fury duels are all about the life of the duelers and the angle.

10. superjayson

way to go overboard = BM

11. naturebunns

Zealots ***** about any elemental attacks not being melee simply because zealots suck balls now days

12. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

fury > fireclaws
    what sort of idiot makes their res exactly 75 vs a facet user?
    fury res = 75 after facets = 75%res
    therefore it takes more hits to kill the fury than the other way around
    fury has better range and ability to use it better as well as superior fhr.
    Also as you are talking about fury/rabies in first post they can use rabies but if you do your fireclaws will suffer heavily unlike their fury.
    only thing in fireclaws favour would be the fissure, the only time fury druid would run would be if they used rabies.
    going by your own resitance rules youd have negative res with death web and facets = 1 hit ko.
    this assumes they dont absorb or use more than 75 res also.

13. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Fireclaws will always lose to Fury wolves or Maulers due to the fact it can be absorbed.

14. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

I also imagine if Fc bears > owned( as in dominated) fury wolves like some think , we would be seenin a bigger influx of fc bears wich im not seein.

Last fc claw bear ive seen was like 3 months ago.

15. naturebunns

nevermind

*edit*

pure fury druid are nothing near as good in pubs as fireclaws

dont' know what west pubs are like, or if you even pub much or just play in rules packed druidpk

16. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Im just curious what would give Fc bear advantage over Fury wolf in pub pk.

17. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

I'm going to have to hugely disagree with you naturebunns. I'm going in pubs quite often and having quite the time keeping up with trapsins, hammerdins, smiters, windy druids, BvC's, java and bowazons, bonemancers etc... Not saying everyone in pubs is a huge challenge, but there are lots of good duelers in the West and being able to kill every build yet saying I am nothing as good as a FC druid is silly. The few FC druids I've fought have good damage, but I came out on top consistently. I think the FC build just isn't where it should be on the competitive level yet. Lots of potential, but I don't see it overpowering Fury ever.

18. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

I have known 3 or 4 werebear players I have liked. Seen like 2 werebear builds I have like. One was valvos werebears, the mualer one. The other was one of zebbs friend they'res was a good werebear. We where dueling in a pubby nl west. And I have to say this bear was holding his own in there. I dont really know per say what he was using skill wise or items wise. But I do remaber fire damage being done, and I do remaber seeing him/her with a hammer looking one hander. So thats easyly guessed as a griz caddy of some kind.

19. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

Of course fury is better.

But FC takes more skill to win with, so is more fun in the end.

I personally am building a FC bear after observing how much fun people have playing them. I know its not going to own everything, but if I wanted to be lame and make a 'great' build, I'd just make a hammerdin like everyone else.

20. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

IMO privi duels are for the weak. You have all the time you need and everything good is banned. Pubbies is where skill comes in. Try to take on seven characters, or where everything is allowed, then duel. Pure fury=horrible in pubs, seeing as you don't get much more fury damage for the loss of rabies. I use rabies against all since it gives me a bit of an edge, I can't imaging dueling without it, fcr casters would own me.

As for fireclaws, anything can be good. Who brings fire sorb? Oh yeh they heard you were making a fireclaws wolf, so the got it for you. Even with 90 fire res, no minus res, high damage fire still kills pretty fast, not to mention the added physical.

As for fury vs fireclaw, hows fury gona win? He's still gona have alright life as a wolf, and seeing as hes not a 700 life sorc, when you put on all your sorb/stacked res, your loosing your melee edge, so that just makes you suck? IMO if build right, there nothin fury can do vs fireclaws, especially since its pubby and fury is completly prepared to duel what he is dueling. What happened to the openess of the druid forum? What with all this bashing? Give ppl the help they ask for an encourge ppl to try new things, otherwise we'd all have smiters.

IMC :grin: