Fury Sucks?!

XloganvalentineX

Diabloii.Net Member
Fury Sucks?!

hey all, my fury druid flat out BLOWS!!! I know why though, well I think I do at least, I forgot to max block lol. But besides that he swings sooooo SLOW its unbearable. His defense sucks, his life is around 6k, and to top it off I feel like I have wasted 20 points in oak sage, people always kill the sage right as the duel begins! His gear is as follows:
409% Botd Zerker

4/105 Cerebus which is gonna be socketed with either a ber or 40-15(which should I socket it with?!)

Archon Fortitude

1x Raven Frost

Angelic Combo

33/15 Verdungos

Draculs? or some Bloodfists(which should I use?)

Gores

and for shield I have either Phoenix Monarch, or Ber'd SS

I am remaking my druid for sure, this time with max block, but, should I use HoW or Oak? I feel like HoW would be a better investment but what do you guys feel? Also what should I pour my remaining 15-20 skills into?! And Last but not least WHY DO I SWING SO SLOW?!

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
#1 druids dont have defense except maybe when you're a wearbear and can sqeeze out 20k with high def gear

#2 ebotd zerk or just botd should hit a 9/5 fury shich is pretty fast considereing most 4 fpa druids are 7/4 so you're 2 frames slower initially but the rest of teh swings are just 1 frame slower,. So the problem might be that you aren't hitting them.

#3 get block, phoenix sucks

#4 you have no fhr, use bloodfists and teh + 40 life shoudl equal about 120~ in ww form

#5 what charms are you using (this shouldn't matter much though

#6 you're wasting sockets with useless ber runes. dungoes + ss is enough dr.

#7 resummon our sage away from you -_________-||

#8 maybe if you used carrion wind, you could make a fury/rabies druid... or put teh rest into summons, cyclone armor/synergies to tank elemental

XloganvalentineX

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok
#1 yeah defense is low I agree
#2 I hit, lol I have 30k ar, I swing slow, even other fury druids tell me so
#3 I guess ill use block
#4 I guess Ill use Bloodfists lol
#5 ar-life, some max, and tons of 20lifers
#6 just found out 50% dr is cap in pvp
#7 oak sage follows you, when you cast it away, it comes close lol
#8 no rabies fury, but maybe cyclone, even though im melee vs melee

XloganvalentineX

Diabloii.Net Member
max sage
max werewolf
max lycanthropy
some grizz
some dire
1 into prequistes

I am remaking him, only thing I need now is some advice, what weapon is best? I was thinkin maybe a beast cuz of the Fanactism Aura

XloganvalentineX said:
max sage
max werewolf
max lycanthropy
some grizz
some dire
1 into prequistes

I am remaking him, only thing I need now is some advice, what weapon is best? I was thinkin maybe a beast cuz of the Fanactism Aura
Using those skills, according to an IAS calc with the following set in to place:
A druid:
In werewolf form:
Using Fury as an attack:
Level 20 werewolf:
Using a Beserker Axe:
Having 60% IAS on the weapon:
This gives 5 fpa or shot said, you should attack with 5 swings per second...

something isn't right here :p are you certain that all you've listed are correct?

Beside, no fanactism would only provide IAS and not WIAS, where a Druid pretty much always needs WIAS (Weapon Increased Attack Speed)

:)

Bigrob

Banned
XloganvalentineX said:
max sage
max werewolf
max lycanthropy
some grizz
some dire
1 into prequistes

well ur a fury druid u dont even max fury of course it would suck.

The best wepon for fury druid is grief phase blade.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
The best wepon for fury druid is grief phase blade.
I am not a wolf player, but I do know that is only one of many many viable options for a fury wolf. It does hit the hardest min per hit, I can agree with that. However, don't count out grizwolds caddy, azurewrath, lightsabre (just ask inkanddagger), ebotdz (bleh), shaeled normal cleaver, or any of an entire host of options. There are *many* viable builds out there.

--welt

XloganvalentineX

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry lol, I did max FURY, DURRR, but ok if I am to use a griz caddy, what should I socket it with? Also I'm going to do 1 of 2 things can someone help me out which gear choice would be better:
A)
1 Raven
1 Angelic Combo
Cerebus With Ias other mods jewel
Ss with ias other mods jewel

B)
2 Raven
1 Highlords
Cerebus with 40ed Jewel
ss with Ias other mods jewel

Which gear setup would be best?! Thanks For All the Replies!!

Dirty Scorpion

Diabloii.Net Member
go with ravens and highlord normally put put angelics in stash and use them when ur going to duel smiters,zealers or babas.

XloganvalentineX said:
Sorry lol, I did max FURY, DURRR, but ok if I am to use a griz caddy, what should I socket it with? Also I'm going to do 1 of 2 things can someone help me out which gear choice would be better:
A)
1 Raven
1 Angelic Combo
Cerebus With Ias other mods jewel
Ss with ias other mods jewel

QUOTE]

He mentioned before that ias outside of the weapon does not affect fury attack speeds.

Blank

Diabloii.Net Member
max sage
max werewolf
max lycanthropy
some grizz
some dire
1 into prequistes

Forget about grizz and dire! You gotta put point in feral rage. Whit about 5-10 point, some +skill gear and, and some leech you can have about 130% life leech. Gain your life as fast as you loose it.

MrWiggles

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fury Sucks?!

In regards to feral rage, I think one point is enough. Sure, you could get to 130% life leech, but you'd have to hit them like 10 times at least. It's better to get in three hits with feral rage, then fury. You still get the life leech, and R/W speed (which is addicting)

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member

Seems like he's PvP. Feral is outta the question.

Sucks.. sucks against who? You don't describe any situations so you can't really expect us to understand. With anghellics seems like your AR is in check, eBotd Zerker is prolly the best Fury weap in the game.. Oiler's proven it time and time again against us. Keep in mind, it isn't slow the initial hit's always gonna be slower I think its like 9/5/5/5. I'd say correct your life and FHR base, using bloodfists and a rare +life belt or blood belt and fix your charms. Hit 8k+ life and you'll be formidable, you use cta? Regardless though, you have to understand that no matter what you do Fury's gonna be pretty limited, to really be formidable you gotta go Fury/Rabies. Rabies is what really makes wolves broken, its the deal breaker ^.^

make use of summoning spirit wolves and using shift+fury. Against casters, cats eye + enigma, remember speed/strategy > power sometimes.

MYK

Diablo: IncGamers Member

This thread is from 2005, Jary.

I wonder if his Fury ever stopped sucking. :scratchchin: