Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury Sin suggestions

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by churinga, Apr 23, 2008.

1. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

Fury Sin suggestions

Hi,

I'm planning on making a Fury Assassin, and I have read about SonOfRa's FurySin guide here. However, I made some modifications by myself, which I think may make her better. Here are the plans, and I'd like to ask for suggestions:

Gears:
    Weapon: Grief Zerker. Insane damage, also lvl 15 Venom on striking makes it not necessary to add skill points to Venom any more. Choosing zerker instead of pb is because I don't need to add both str and dex for weapon/armor reqs, saving some 10s stats points to vita.
    Shield: Tiamat's. For its added elemental damage.
    Helm: Guillaume's Face. For its CB, DS, and OW, also FHR
    Armor: Fort Wire Fleece. For the 300ED, which is insane with a Grief weapon. WireFleece, well, it's because it's a self-made one :tongue:
    Gloves: Lava Gout. For its chance to cast Enchant for AR boost.
    Boots: Gore Rider. For its CB, DS, and OW.
    Belt: Wilhelm's Pride. The only source of dual leech in this build. Also, the partial bonus with Guillaume's Face gives 35 additional life.
    Ammy: Angelic. For its AR boost
    Rings: Angelic and Raven. For its AR boost and cannot be frozen mod.
    Charms: Torch, Anni, etc.

Weapon switch: a teleport axe :wink3:

With these gears, I cannot achieve 95% CB, but 65%, which I think is good enough. My Merc will be using Pride, which further boosts my damage. I won't have AR problem vs. normal monsters, due to the ITD mod on Grief. Also, when dealing with super uniques or bosses, Enchant, Angelic, and Raven can give moderate AR boost, and -25% target defense mod on Grief also helps. I think the AR problem should mostly be gone.

Skills:
    Besides prereqs:
    1 in Blade Fury
    20 in Fade
    1 in Burst of Speed
    20 in Shadow Master
    20 in Lightning Sentry
    20 in Death Sentry
    rest in Fire Blast

None in Venom because of the mod on Grief.

My questions are:
    1. Should I put my rest skill points in Fire Blast? How much difference does it make to fire a few more shoots with Death Sentry?
    2. Will my mana be enough? How dependent will my shadow be to let her cast the Death Sentry traps, rather than myself? Shooting blades itself does not cost much mana, and can be easily leeched back, but if I keep using Cloak or Mind Blast, or casting traps, I guess my mana is pathetic.
    3. If I cast Shadow Master, her trap skill lvl is lower than mine (Shadow Master skill lvl / 2 + 1), will she keep overriding my traps, which sounds annoying?
    4. Should I hire Nm Def Merc for Holy Freeze aura, or is there better option?

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Fury Sin suggestions

Some interesting things I've come across
    Gogo eth grief!

Before I suggest gear, pvm?
    Edit: Going to assume you are.

Prefer enigma, just for teleport Lol.
    Glove - Laying of hands or trang gloves. More venom damage/350% damage to demons.
    Shield - Phoenix? The shield that gives damage.

Fury sins would work in pvp xD Funny build

Another edit: Dracs may work out well too, the ctc lifetap.

3. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, the +damage from Grief does not work on Blade Fury.

You should have enough mana. You can only use CoS every so many seconds, and most of the time you are using BF anyways.

4. DayDream

Has it been tested that +damage does not work? It's not mentioned on arreat summit ><

I would have to assume that they would atleast warn you on the site that +damage does not work.. Similar to how it explained smite

5. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

6. Superflymdf

Superflymdf IncGamers Member

Did you figure out your resistances? You could be lacking in that department, if so you could always change to a nice metalgid ammy for a nice AR, resistance, def bonus. Also, dont forget demon limb for enchant charges, very nice bonus.

7. churinga

I tried single player game yesterday. I was using Grief Zerker (max dmg 70-80). So, if +dmg on Grief does not work on Blade Fury, my total dmg will be 80*0.75*(2.5+3)~400 tops, where 2.5 is 1+1.5 from str bonus. I have around 300 max elemental dmg. So, total dmg with out DS is about 400+300*.75~600.

I tried to attack Hell Zombie in Blood Moor, which has about 3k-6k life and 50% dmg resist according to Arreat Summit. I took his like in about 6-7 Blades, with 50% CB and 50% DS. If +dmg on Grief does not work on Blade Fury, this should not be possible. With Zombie's 50% PDR, my max dmg per Blade to him is less than 400. Min dmg is as pathetic as 100.

With Grief, my max dmg is around 800-900 to it (after factoring in PDR).

8. churinga

Yeah =) My resist in Hell after finishing Anya quests and using Fade will be capped at 75.

9. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

I do not have a Grief to test with. I'd normally trust Orphan on these things, but if you say it works then use it. :smiley:

10. churinga

I will do a more accurate test later today. by using only Grief with no CB, DS, or elemental dmg. I will see how much dmg I can do... will post the results here afterwards :)

11. JayhawkFan

JayhawkFan IncGamers Member

i recomend infinity on merc...

12. churinga

I did another test, and unfortunately, it seems that Orphan was right :cry:

In my test, I removed all elemental dmg gears as well as DS, CB gears. I switched to another weapon with similar dmg (except for the +dmg on Grief), and their killing speeds are comparable... which means Grief's +dmg mod is not counted in dmg calculation.

Looks like this build is wasted... But I may be able to revise it... as follows:

Change primary weapon to Eth Zod'd Fleshripper. I do hope I have Eth Stormlash... but it appears to be too rare and expensive. I regret to have put Zod in the Fleshripper, but I don't want to just Hel it... Then, I will have to add 4 Dex points, and wasted 8 Str points, not big enough to bother rebuilding from scratch I guess.. :undecided:

For Merc, I chose a Nm Holy Freeze War Head (lol) using a lvl 20 Conc Pride Polearm.

As for the above modifications, I have to use Angelic ring+ammy to keep my AR at moderate lvl, because Fleshripper only -50% enemy defence. Also, I have to max Venom, too, since I have no poison dmg source any more without Grief. I haven't decided on the Gloves yet. I think with Angelic ring+ammy plus Raven, my AR may be at a can-do level. I don't know if I still need Enchant from Lava Gout to make it even higher. If not, Dracul of course is a better choice. Or, I can consider keep using Lava Gout for Enchant, and switch angelic ammy+ring to Atma's and another Raven. Then, I get a little lowered AR, but get Amplify Damage...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

13. churinga

Any reason? Blade Fury is mainly physical damage. If Infinity is to maximize trap damage, well, it might be reasonable...

I'm even thinking about trading my Grief Zerker for a low Faith Hydra bow and switch to a Rogue Merc, since I plan to do Chaos runs with this build..

14. churinga

Phoenix is very good, but won't its Redemption aura eat up all the corpse around for corpse explosion from my Death Sentry traps? :undecided:

15. DayDream

Not all the corpses :p and redemption will solve your leech thing xD

16. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

If you are only going to use Blade Fury and/or kicks, and not normal attack, you don't need to put a Zod in the weapon. Blade Fury and kicks don't use any dura.

If you want Enchant, you could also just buff with a Demon limb. It last 11 minutes so even if you keep it in your stash, it's not that annoying.

17. Superflymdf

Superflymdf IncGamers Member

I think you might want to look for a source of Knockback. Blade fury, at least from my experience, doesnt exactly mow down monsters. The holy freeze merc will also help. I recently pick up an etheral baranar star. I bet that thing will pack a nice punch and you could socket it with a nef.

On a side note, what kind of damage total be achieved from a furysin?

18. DyingAngel

DyingAngel IncGamers Member

Tested a minute ago blade fury / sentinel / shield on a hero. Not furysin yet, but on a kicker with phoenix shield, enigma, last wish zerker and some godly stuff of course it had descent damage:

Blade Shield ~ 1500 DMG
    Blade Sentinel ~ 1800 DMG
    Blade Fury ~ 4000 DMG

Probably if I was wearing Fortitude instead of Enigma it will do even more dmg.

...some time later I tried to kill some Death Lords on hell, but it's not happening. It's fun, but it didn't kill anything at all.

19. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

If you really don't want to put the points directly into venom still and save those points for something else you could always use a treachery for prebuffing, although in terms of duration the time period is only somewhere around 3 minutes, so it might be a waste in comparison to the 300ed that you would get with fort. Either that or you could just use treachery as your main armor and you would be able to get away without points in fade as well depending on how much res you need to make this build work.