Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury/rabies hybrid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by psuedoenviro, Feb 29, 2004.

1. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Fury/rabies hybrid

Ive kind of run into a snag making my fury/rabies hybrid. When using fury you want as much str as possible to maximize damage but when I switch to a plague bearer (requires 79 dex) I can use a sheild, thinking stormshield. So heres the question do i achieve max block with stormshield or do i go all str. My planned fury wep is gonna be a 2 sheal Ik maul with boots maybe more if i find more parts. This is for pvm ladder but since I found a SS recently Im considering making him a dueling wolf.

Here's my plan any comments would be apprieciate. Im currently hoping I find a carrion wind. Other gear includes magic druid pelt with +1 druid skill and 3 fury 1 dire 1 carrion. Most of the rest of the gear is undecided probably duriels shell for resists.

Fury 20
    Rabies 20
    WW 20
    Lycant 20
    1 Oak
    1 to bear and prereqs
    rest goes to Oak

thanks in advance

2. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome,
    Sometimes you look at a glass and its half empty while another time its half full.

The moral of the story? How do you percieve your own build. I mean the easiest way to answer your own question is to say, are you pvm or pvp? The setup is defined by your answer.

PvM - Object is to hit a few monsters and let it take its toll. If thats the case you dont need to worrk about max block nor max str. you only need enough str yo use your SS and pump most in VIT. Look at it this way, one skill kills over time, the other kills on impact. Thats like slow vs fast death. So I'd avoid sinking points into conflicting areas and go VIT more which is always beneficial.

PvP - I dont think your pvp so I wont even go here.

In a nutshell since you arent to sure what your gonna be pvm or pvp its kinda hard to help out. Only reason I say that is because there are better ways to do things for the specific way you go.

3. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

go vit
    main fury dmg comes from weapon.
    ik maul is not a good weapon by itself unless you have ik set.
    I would seek a ribcracker.

read my guide for some weapon advice.

4. 2JZ-GTTE

2JZ-GTTE IncGamers Member

electricblue,

I've read your guide, but I'm still unclear of some things. What is the best equip for a fury/rabies hybrid in PvP? Thanks in advance for any help.

5. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

uhm. to me i guess just duel people and figure it out o_o different opponents require different setups

6. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

exactly,
    it depends on you and who you duel with.
    whether you will mainly duel with rabies or fury, or use them equally.
    for each type, I have given a setup and you should make a mixture of them.
    or go pure..

If you are asking, for example the best rabies weapon etc. then ask more spesific.

7. 2JZ-GTTE

2JZ-GTTE IncGamers Member

Well mainly I'll be using rabies and then fury as a backup to finish thing off if needed and I was mainly wondering if chains of honor is a good armor to use for a rabies/fury druid.

8. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

i think it goes back to my post above. CoH is a good armor, but make sure your other equip fills in what it cannot provide if you want it to be your all-purpose mantle. equipment for DR, +AR, FHR for example.