Fury/Rabies - Helm choices

w-igor

Diabloii.Net Member
Fury/Rabies - Helm choices

which helms you use on your f/r's ?
i was thinking about those: um jalal, shael jalal, cham jalal, coa...
what do you use and vs which char? i have no idea what too choose. for example vs smiter - shael jalal is good for fhr, but with cham jalal dual angelic wont hurt so much. with coa i get important dr... vs traps jalal um is nice... as wall as jalal shael.

so, again - what do you use vs which char ? :)
ps. i dont ask which helm is the best vs chich char. its more like which helms to choose to be good vs every char. cause i cant handle 8 diferent helms in my chest.

thanks in advance for all suggestions.

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
I use:
shaeled cerebus against barbs,
shaeled guillaumes against fury, zeal, and mostly against other melee,
double shaeled blue circlet with 30 resist all and 30% fr/w when I need fr/w (bowasons etc)
and umed jalals against sins, sorcs, when doing ffa and when I don't want to think what helm to wear:).

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
I use shaeled jalals vs alot of people.
Ort kiras vs foh and sorcs that i need the excess res.
Searching for a frw circlet with 2 sockets and something else to have vs boners that i need the extra frw and bowas. And other guys i need the frw with. If/when i get eni, the frw circlet goes out the window.

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
w-igor said:
that frw circ looks nice... but its surely expensive :/

more options please :)
well to be perfectly honest, it is 28 all resist, 30 fr/w ;). Against boners I mostly use that, sometimes jalals with more defencive playing.
my fury/rabies is 20 oak, 3 ww (lvl 95), but mostly I use my pure fury wolf (with very similar setup), I'm hoping to get bramble, then I'll use f/r druid more.

stoutewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
jalals (40ed/20life jewel)versus most

circlet with: 2 druid/30frw/24str/37life (40ed/20life jewel) versus bowazons

coa ber ber versus smiters and windies

:thumbsup:

if you got any questions left just ask me/pm

w-igor

Diabloii.Net Member
what about your resists ? cause my resists suck A LOT. even with um jalal im for example on -9 light res or something (only 1 anya quest, but those bug makes it nothing special).
where you get fhr from ?

thanks for help Stoute ;)

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Tomb reaver and forti both have res. You have an anni?
Fhr from jalals, bloodfist and belt. Charms if you really need it.

stoutewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
w-igor said:
what about your resists ? cause my resists suck A LOT. even with um jalal im for example on -9 light res or something (only 1 anya quest, but those bug makes it nothing special).
where you get fhr from ?

thanks for help Stoute ;)
hehe np at all you know that ;)

the resist can made up with highlords for light res/tombreaver/ummed jalals or 15res/stat jewel/forti(up to 30)/small charms if needed/anni/torch. You should get far with this

faster hit recovery: jalals:30/bloodfists:30/belt:24 right?;) and 1 sc brings you to the 86 fhr breakpoint which is great :thumbsup:

w-igor

Diabloii.Net Member
i use 19res torch and 18res anni + um jalal + 15res all gc + metalgrid and my resists are still far from my dreams :)
fhr - i think ill use 86 vs smiters and traps only... but on those duels TO gloves are nice, right?

and yeah, TR should be a great choice vs casters... but i cant afford a good one :( thats why im still with botd gpa.
about forti - i dont have enough str i think. but even if i will i think i wont use it cause of no place in my chest :) i still need to put bramble there.

can you say something about BotD GPA vs TR ? which one is better vs which char, which one is better overall. and can non eth 3x shaeled TR still be effective? (thats a small offtopic but i think its too small to make a new thread about it :) )

thanks for help.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
What about putting a pruby in jalals?

I remember that whole discussion about optimal fhr and block rate interaction, and the consensus seemed to be it was better to have 3 frame fhr and slower block (i.e. not shaeld stormshield) or 4 frame fhr and faster block (shaeled stormshield).

If i'm wearing bfists and shaeled stormshield, maybe I should test using a pruby jalals for 4 frame fhr and more life, instead of the shaeled jalals i use now.

Any thoughts?

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
What you use is entirely dependant on the rest of your gear

that's why most of us have like 2-3 different socketed jalals and other helms in stash

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
naturebunns said:
What you use is entirely dependant on the rest of your gear

that's why most of us have like 2-3 different socketed jalals and other helms in stash
Yup. So thoughts on the p-ruby idea with the shaeled stormshield and bloodfists, keeping in mind all that block rate/fhr stuff?

olwe said:
Yup. So thoughts on the p-ruby idea with the shaeled stormshield and bloodfists, keeping in mind all that block rate/fhr stuff?

another (but more expensive) way to get more life and still maintain some balance is to use shael jalals with bloodfists and jah your storm. that way you still have 3 frame fhr when you go two handed, and shouldn't run into any odd block animation problems.

or if you are a fan of engima and build to it, ber stormshield, ed/life the jalals, bloods and 24 fhr ow belt.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
OnTheDownLow said:
another (but more expensive) way to get more life and still maintain some balance is to use shael jalals with bloodfists and jah your storm. that way you still have 3 frame fhr when you go two handed, and shouldn't run into any odd block animation problems.

or if you are a fan of engima and build to it, ber stormshield, ed/life the jalals, bloods and 24 fhr ow belt.
I like this Jah stormshield idea. Anyone have any experience with it? How does it compare to a shael stormshield if using 3 frame fhr?