Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury/Rabies first taste in pubbies

Discussion in 'Druid' started by kikomun, Nov 20, 2006.

1. kikomun

kikomun IncGamers Member

Fury/Rabies first taste in pubbies

hi all..i've been a wolf lover since long ago but never really tried joining dueling games..mainly because of where i live in (singapore) the lag and ping simply doesnt seem fit for dueling..and i have absolutely not much knowledge of dueling either

his name is Shiftinous on uswest ladder..lvl87 at the moment..dont think most of you have seen me..anyway after reading and reading and reading the guide by stoutewolf as well as encouragement from friends..i've decided to give dueling a shot

i took the path of maxing werewolf eventually and leaving oak sage at lvl1

for gears i have 50dr/86fhr breakpoint(coa+dungos) and i use enigma + eth tombreaver + poison switch for pubby cause there seems to be quite a few hdins and smiters in there..i have about 4.7k+ life with oak..oh and i wear a ravenfrost + angelics

hammerdins are easy..they usually just die when they teleport near me

wind druids..i kill and i get killed..i can avoid the tornadoes with enigma on and they're pretty much dead if they get too near me

smiters..i've had both easy and tough times with smiters..the easy 1s were when mine 19k+ AR can hit them easily with fury or rabies switch..but i have problems hitting the higher defs 1..i was thinking of swapping my ravenfrost for another angelics to hit 27k+ AR..is this the way to go? will i be able to survive without the "cannot be frozen"? i use walking against them but the better geared ones still kill me rather fast though

sorcs..they can hurt me pretty bad seeing as my res are all around 20+..need help on gear switching to get more res..other than that they're dead if they get too close

FoH..these guys can hurt me pretty bad as well due to my low res..there was 1 particular pally i think he's a FoH/charge hybrid..died to him several times..he kept a distance from me most of the time and i couldnt hit him with 19k+ ar when he charge me several times

trappers..never encountered on my wolf yet..with 86fhr will i survive mindblast?

pretty much thats all i have to say..i need some advice on ideal gears for pubby games where there're a mix of casters and melees..i dont know if i'm actually using the correct gears either..any help would be appreciated

cheers

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Its cool to see that you enjoy duelin with your wolf , eventually you will make your own tips and strategy's vs certain char's as you go . =P

3. kikomun

kikomun IncGamers Member

yea i enjoy dueling with wolf a lot more than i do with other characters..kiba may i ask what is your setup for pubby games? and your resist?

i'm thinking of adding 1 point in cyclone armor..is it worth the investment if i have low resist?

4. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

So far from my exsperience the cyclone armos saves you from a random hellfire torch cast and the cyclone armor saved me a lot of time so far , so yah its worth it imho.