Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury/Rabies Druid help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by AssassinCross, Jun 16, 2008.

1. AssassinCross

AssassinCross IncGamers Member

Fury/Rabies Druid help

I've red the excellent guide stickied, and made 1 of my own with the goal of being able to stand up against any build (melee or otherwise) with the least amount of gear change possible. So far it hasn't been doing well, so I need help on this.

Jala's Mane (Shael'd)
    Enigma AP
    Verdugo's Hearty Cord
    Bloodfist
    Gorerider

eBotD BA
    Stormshield (Um'd)

Angelic Amulet
    Angelic Ring
    Raven Frost

Hellfire Torch
    Anni
    x9 +SS GC of Vita
    x10 3/20/5 FRW

Achieved
    20k+ AR with Fury/Rabies
    2k-6k damage Fury
    20k+ damage Rabies
    75% Block
    9k life
    50% DR
    Frame 3 FHR (86%)
    Frame 5 Fury

All seems fine, but 1 BIG problem is my craptastic resists and I'm not including the Anya bug yet. Is there a way to max them out at Hell while still having my build goal in mind? Also this setup has only 125% FRW, which is alot less than what I wanted. Is it enough against casters? Thanks!:jig:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: Fury/Rabies Druid help

Basically what it boils down to is there isn't a setup for a F/R that can win any duel (ruling out luck and stupid opponents). The main reason for the gear swaps is the kind of versatility your average pubby paladin doesn't have. However, I have been moderately testing a Pure Fury build that relies entirely on one setup, reaching desired breakpoints for FHR and IAS, while maintaining stacked resistance and decent speed/AR/DS. Fury/Rabies doesn't have the luxury of superhigh levels of werewolf, nor the added AR/Damage of mass sc's, while Pure Fury can forgo most of the needed +skills and focus on damage/resists/moving. However...the one hitch is that one of the most common duelers in pubs are smiters, and Pure Fury has issues with it, due to the bug with the attack animation. I haven't tested a 4 frame weapon yet, which might be the ticket to curing that issue (and require a rebuild, as the nature of the project was inbuilding everything while maintaining flexibility and versatility...as odd as that sounds). The gear used would look painfully familiar to anyone remotely used to werewolves, and would ideally also include a prebuff (sorry, one stash run I couldn't pass for an inbuilt build).

The long of the short of it though is that it's usually (read : 99.99% of the time) not worth trying to make one and only one gear set work. Casters go down a lot easier with a big two hander, grief pwns melee, especially with a Guillame's, and extra +skills for Rabies makes smiters cry. However, if you really would like to see the PF-Inbuilt-In-Progress, I'll post it up for you. Hope this helped, and wasn't as garbled as it's seeming to me having just read back over it!

~Kell
    AWROOO!

EDIT : If so, I will go ahead and make a guide of it, got a title for it in mind already :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  3. AssassinCross

Your post helped, thanks alot. I can't wait to read your guide as well!:thumbup:On my Druid, would replacing Enigma with Chains of Honour be a better choice? It solves my resist problems, and I can make up for the FRW by taking out the x9 GCs for x27 3/20/5 FRW. However that would result in a drop of almost 4k life, is it worth it?

4. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

I would say its not, some 20/11 all res scs could take up some space from the gcs while getting your res up. With a Fury/Rabies druid you need to have skills to pump rabies, which you also didn't state if you had a rabies switch(usually dweb with facet and a 4 facet monarch) to really increase your rabies.

5. AssassinCross

I do Rabies flash, but its with HoTO and Spirit since Im a lazy bugger haha... Ah I see using resist all SCs would be a better choice, whats the minimum FRW needed to keep up with casters and Bowazons? So I can balance out my resist SCs and FRW SCs.

6. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

You can get resistance and FRW on the same small charm :D The one I just posted uses 100% as regular Wolf vs All, plus whatever % Feral Rage will add (considerably more in your case, as you have +SS GC's), but a full anti-caster rig will have upwards of 150%+. In fact, going off the earlier example, if I were to swap out for Enigma, a 2 Druid/30FRW circlet, and Aldur's/Nat's/IK Boots, I'd have a grand total of 195% FRW before Feral Rage. That's desynch territory, with ease, and also sneak attack territory. Combine that with an ETomb, and you're a caster's worst nightmare. Especially if you charge Feral...I've found most pubbie BM bonemancers even can't keep up with prison when I'm running that fast (I think I've heard it referred to as "jailbreaking"), which is usually the absolute hardest duel for a physical damage shapeshifter.

7. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

That's not a switch, you're not increasing your damage with that switch.

The only thing that works with the switch trick is +Dmg and -res. + skills do not.

8. Findux

Findux IncGamers Member

Damn, still hundreds of these threads ^_^

A switch should be Dweb or 6 facet'd CS with 4 facet'd Monarch.

You will not do well with just angelic amu and ring. Get a +3 shape sk/90+ life amu, which gives huge life and rabies damage, and a bk. Only use angelic when you need ar. You should also get Bramble and Trang gloves. I love those vs smiters and barbs.

Against casters, get a long range weapon. Eth Tomb reaver is the best imo. Aldur's boots are good vs caster, especially fire casters.