Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury/Rabies biggest weakness against ww/trappers?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rabbitz, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Fury/Rabies biggest weakness against ww/trappers?

And I mean one ( like myself) that doesnt play lame , tele away ALL the time, never come in sight etc. Im more of an offensive type but erm.. due the 4s range of the tomb.. that gets me killed... fast..

So are there any things in perticular that these types of wolfies wouldnt appreciate?

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Most of the time when i fight ww / trapper they are forced too fight like a regular trapper and mb a lot and maybe ww away from me too run away.

Unless the sin has max dr and insane hp (not sure how much dr trap/qq's hit) i dont think she can stay close too ww for long doin whirlwinds since her damage would be a little lower and she would have less claw block since the sin used those skills on traps.

so most of time i just end up chasin them like a regular trapper wich is no fun for any werewolf runnin through traps and that bs mind blast.

3. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

You will need massive FRW/FHR since Assn's are so mobile. You will also want to use a 5range weapon and high dmg Rabies. +max res is also very helpful.

Don't spend to much time going after the trapper. Instead focus on infecting the Master.

4. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Yeah those qq sins get me all the time. :wink3:

Personally I just wip out the sorb gear, except minus one wisp for a raven so i wont be frozen. A ww sin that is setup to have traps wont have much room for facets {since +skills would be more likely from enigma/coh}, so she wont have much -psn res. I would consider maybe getting an adurials face for her.

If your poison damage is found to be more than enough, consider a jade tan do + stormshield. Even since she will hit the wolf alot, the block, dr, and absolutly crazy poison resistance will destroy her damage. Shael it and you can still bite at fairly fast speeds.

Imo, using tomb/range weapons without a shield vrs any melee other than smite is dumb. It would be best to tank her in this situation, first her traps which will force her to go melee, then try to destroy her poison & physical damage.

Now...time to make everyone hate me.

The person that started this thread asked how to beat a wolf with a ww / trap hybrid, and there is a very simple simple way to do this.

You see, its easy to absorb lighting. Its tricky, but possible to absorb lighting & nulify poison. But its down right impossible to nulify the poison while absorbing lighting and fire. Check the synergies to your lighting syntry, and pray that you used fire blast as one of them. This is the primary offense of a trapper whos opposition is absorbing, and fire blast itself can do quite a bit of damage, even if its half synergiezed.

This is bad for the wolf, since he will most likely see that you are ww'ing, and shift+fury. Since he is locked in once space, once you are out of his range, just toss a few bombs on him; he will take damage, leave shift+fury {which means its time for your to ww again}, and come after you again {if he tries to tank both lighting syntry & fire blast, hes screwed}.

Also, if you dont like fire blast too much {but still fire blast is really great here}, and the fury druid is still shift+fury'ing, try blade fury, or put a widow maker on switch and just outrun him {if you can*}.

Now all the druids here will hate me for telling you this.

5. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

Preparing for me?
    Was also wondering same question from a wolfie point of view:hanky:

6. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Whats a q/q sin?

Max Dr = a given.

Insane hp, depends on if ill rebuild or not. Right now im at 3.2k life, max block with storm. But its mostly for dueling barbs.

I still run max dr without storm, dual claw, 58% block ( I think )

Erm second: No selfrespecting assasin will use a summon near you ;/

I can stay well in range, but it depends on 1) have I layed my trap correctly , 2) are you freshly mb'd? 3) are my triwhirls tight enough.

So mostly thats not a prob.

Im a hybrid, so skillpoints are tight. I dont have the privilage of maxing firethingie ;/. But imo.. its hard to abs light and get sweet poison res without screwing youre other stats over bigtime. So elaborate a little more?

@ Gun, yes vs you... and a pretty well known wolfie we all know as xyc :)

7. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Priority imo would be this;
    ~nullify/absorb lighting damage > blocking > nullify poison damage {jade tan do!!! > extra fire resistance if possible.

Your best bet is to have a horribly overpowered rabies, get off a good hit, run to a safe distance and hit the damage switch setup, go back and try to tank her.

If she can take your rabies, use a diferent weapon, but still try to get some sort of %pdr gear & +max resistance. There is that normal set amulet that has a horribly large % poison length reduce. Also glad bane is a cool armor to use for fhr, antifreeze {so you can do better absorb on ligthing}, and also %poison lenth reduce.

The physical damage aspect of ww shouldnt be worried about. With max block, %dr from stormshield, and even average hp from a wolf, you should be able to tank her physical damage.

But now thanks to me {sorry}, you have to watch out for fire blast. They are fairly easy to avoid if she is using them long ranges, but in short range its hard to move away from them.

If she uses widow maker, charge up feral on her shadow real fast and charge {unless you still dont have enough %frw...then...uh...sorry?}.

8. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Fireblast seems kinda clumsy to use , and I am an high speed dueler ;(

Maybe its just me, but it seems wolfies tend to hope for that 1 rabies hit that should drive me nuts. In that aspect its pretty easy to lure then in a pentagram of traps, mb, tele ww in to death. They usually will not last longer then 15 seconds. Even with 2xwhisp/tgods.

So, what should I expect from an experianced dueler?

9. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

The absorbing light & psn part was for the druid in this duel. Its very easy actually, this is exactly what I use {already have stacked 250 res all most of the time on this druid};
    ~2x wisp + tgods
    ~jade tan do dagger with "shael" for pure rabies offense, if the sin doesnt die in a few seconds, i'll most likely wait till rabies wears off, then hit another and attempt to fury a tad bit, although the damage will be horrible {i would never drop my shield vrs a melee sin, even if i wasnt doing any damage at the time}.
    ~andies face + % poison length reduce gear {that set amy & glad bane are obvious choices, as said above, bane can make up for the loss of antifreeze while still giving fhr & pdr}. This isnt a good idea if the sin wips out fire blast as andies reduces fire resistance.

With this i can easily reduce your damage to hardly noticable amounts. The problem is, although, it takes me alot of gear to absorb two elements, while you migth still be free to absorb just my one element {poison}, thus i will most likely do rubbish damage.

Also I suggest finding a carrion wind and keeping it in your stash, because a rabies druid will have a poison damage switch, which will most likely reduce your reistance about -80% {20% sheild, random amount from deaths web}. This one ring will grant you a huge poison resistance. Its also damn handy vrs nova nec's.

For the sin to properly absorb light & poison, you would have to most likely use andies & %pdr gear along with the standard light absorb setup. I assume you would want to know for sin v sin duels? In this case, imo there are only two good armors;
    ~bramble {stack resistance while increasing damage, crazy fhr & slight elemental stack}
    ~3 socket nats with 3x facets {+hp, damage, -res, skills, slight psn resistance, sexy style, and 75% psn lenght reduce! This is a very underated armor.

10. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

I cant afford to loose my eni. Thats it, purely :(

I cant afford to loose my 2/20/2 circlet aswell :(

Bramble. .. read 1 ;(

I was talking about the effectivity of the druid btw after he goes trough all those changes.

11. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

I edited my last comment with that and a a comment on carrion.

Basically, you both can get the elemental background damgae reduced to low amounts. If done right, it will be a duel between his physical damage vs your physical damage, which might take a while. You will eventually have the upper hand since your phsyical damage is consistantly tied in with your poison damage.

On the other hand, if he doesnt use jade, you will cause more poison damage, but his physical damage will be superior.

If this is for one specific duel, vs this one specific druid, and you have the advantage of laying traps before he enters the field, enigma is of no use to you. Nats armor with 3x facets + one carrion wind ring will hurt his damage, adding in +max resistance will completly destroy his poison damage.

12. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

This is for one specific duel, but youre forgetting that druids have this incredible frw, he may very well.. deside not to walk into my trap..

13. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

Give me couple days, and we can get some stratergies :p
    Seems to me, playing offenisive gonna get me killed. Without actually ever playing one. I would prob hang back make him change position then get in fast.
    As I said havent finished building yet so...
    thoughts?

Hijacks rabbs thread

14. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

One of "the" wolfs is coming to ladder, just see him play :p

Meanwhile, I need to know what to expect from "pro" druids to do to me.

15. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Gungak, playing offensivly is the key, as long as your not walking into ww's. If you play defenivly, then you will never get close to a sin with traps around her. Its much too easy for a sin to walk on your map and spam traps at the edge of her screen while never seeing you.

You can try to play defensivly and run from her the entire time, only to stop and shift+fury if you think shes going to teleport in range. The problem is this will only work about once untill she decides not to teleport too close to you.

Rabbitz, i'm nowhere near pro, but i'm fairly sure that you can expect from most of the "gfg wolfs," reducing your damage and tanking you. Its damn hard to hit a character when in ww animation, so our best bet is to catch you off guard. Its even easier for us to land a hit after being mind blasted & in the middle of a trap field than it is to hit someone while they ww. The longer it takes for you to kill the wolf / the longer the duel is dragged out, the better chance of you making a mistake, and the better the chance being hit.

Really thats how a wolf usually wins some of the more difficult duels; mistakes. The top tactic for a fury wolf to kill a hammeradin is for the hammeradin to goof and get too close to a shiftfury when his hammers are out of range. The best chance most wolves have against ww barbs is to tag them when they get out of ww, or are about to ww.

16. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Ew, worst thread ever. I'm not sure I am following anything you are saying MrGoth, and not just in this thread.