Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury, Ladder, and PvM

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Archer, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Archer

Archer Diabloii.Net Member

Fury, Ladder, and PvM

I made my very first Fury Druid last patch when respecs were introduced and loved it so much, I decided to roll one this ladder! I'm basically using him for every thing right now. This includes: Leveling, rushing friends, gold/gambling, and even magic finding! I wanted to be able to do every thing with him.

I decided to do some research on mfing with a Fury Druid but couldn't find much information on the matter. So far, I've been mainly farming D-keys, Chaos, Trav, Pits, Ancient Tunnels, Cows, etc. I've been fairly lucky with drops so far this ladder and trading.

Gear so far:

Weapon: Upped Ribcracker with a Shael, 297 ED, 327-489 dmg.
    Helm: Jalal's with an Um
    Ammy: Metalgrid, 33 resists
    Armor: Skullders with a Ptopaz
    Gloves: Dracs
    Belt: Dungos
    Ring 1: Ravens
    Ring 2: Manald 6%
    Boots: Gores
    Torch: 18-12
    No Anni =(
    30 Gheeds
    Random assortment of 15-20 lifer scs.

My Might Merc also has a Reaper's Toll to help out with some Physical Immunes, though the merc never goes where I want him to! I have a Baranar's Star on switch atm too.

I currently haven't used any respecs yet and plan to once I can get my hands on an Anni.

Stats are:

Strength: 218
    Dexterity: 136
    Vitality: 324

Resists are +20 across the board.
    2783 Life with out my Oak.

Ribby: 3110-4680 Fury Damage (Without Might) and 11698 Fury Ar
    Tomb Reaver: 1106-5029 Fury Damage (Without Might) and 11022 Fury Ar

Skills:

Lycanthropy - 20
    Werewolf - 20
    Fury - 20
    Oak - 20
    Grizzly - 17
    Feral Rage - 1

I recently got a 3 os Tomb Reaver off of Baal! (Sadly non-eth, though I don't have a Zod anyways). I put 2 Shaels in it for now. The stats on it are: 115-526 damage on it, 34 Resists, and 67 MF.

At the time I found the Tomb Reaver, I didn't have a Torch yet or Dracs so my strength is higher than need be. After playing around with it though, I'm not so sure the gained resists/mf are worth it over the upped ribby, especially since it isn't eth.

I can either just use the Ribby on bosses for the CB and use the Tomb Reaver for area clearing or just stick to the Ribby and leave my resists on the low end. With the Tomb Reaver, i have 237 mf and with out it I have 170 mf. 170 mf isn't too bad, though I like to be around 200-250 mf.

My killing power isn't too bad right now, though definitely would be nice to pick up the damage a bit. :whistling: Physical Immunes are annoying as well, even with the Baranars and Reaper's Toll. I usually just let the merc beat on it so my Dracs doesn't override it.

Over all, I'm thinking about just sticking with the Ribby so I can invest more stat points in Vitality. I'm probably just going to have to accept that my resists are going to suck since I'm trying to build this druid for general, all around play. With that said, hopefully I'll get a dual leech ring at some point with resist mods on it, plus Anni and that will help make up my lack of resists!

Ok, if you made it through all of that, I have a few questions!

1. I'm leaning towards the upped Ribby w/Shael, would you sacrifice the mf/resists for it too? Should I be concerned about my Resists currently?

2. If I go the Ribby route, once I respec I'll be able to push my Life up much higher, which I think is a little on the low side right now! Seems like a good idea, right?

3. Is Carrion Vine worth investing a point into?

4. I'm seriously considering not maxing Grizzly when I respec and instead investing 20 points in Feral Rage, so I can do Ubers when I'm better geared (Ie. CoH and a Treachery). Sound like a good idea?

5. If you have any better ideas on gear selection, keeping in mind that I want to maintain decent MF, killing power, and survivability, please share!

6. Any thing seem way off!?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Fury, Ladder, and PvM

try guillaume, highlord, laying, string of ears, tomby.
    Solves your resist and damage problems at the same time, while keeping style and speed up to par. Remember - tomby is 4 fpa, ribby only 5, so the cb advantage is limited

3. Verashiden

Verashiden Diabloii.Net Member

Guil is ugly though >.>

1: Personal preference really. If you intend to MF I'd say Tomby. But Ribby will be better for tearing down bosses to slivers of health.

2: More life is always good.

3. Yes, it's a passive heal that keeps you up without pots between battles while at the same time clearing corpses.

4. How many respecs do you have left and do you enjoy having a summon around? I prefer a pack hunter build for general PvM and with respecs you can simply switch to an Uber killer build when gear allows it.

4. liquid_mage

liquid_mage Diabloii.Net Member

Is there a guide for a Pack Hunter build? What's the general point distribution? I googled D2 Pack Hunter Druid build and didn't see much?

Thanks

5. Verashiden

Fury/Lycan/Dire Wolf Maxed. After that you can either go stronger WW or stronger Summons.

6. Archer

Thanks Verashiden,

Ya, Guil is ugly :nod:

1. Might just go ahead and use Tomb and keep Ribby on switch then. The strength requirement on Tomby sucks though, we'll see!

2. Definitely =)

3. Usually my life is always topped off via Dracs but I'll probably go ahead and try this out, it's just 2 points.

4. I still have all 3 respecs! I do enjoy having a summon around and that sounds like fun, will probably give that a try. I imagine they will be pretty sturdy.

Edit: Heh, Dire Wolves aren't so sturdy after all!

Lycan - 20
    Fury - 20
    Dire Wolf - 20
    Oak - 20
    WW - Rest

Some thing like that pretty much the way you go, Verashiden?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  7. Verashiden

1 in Grizzly, always. Dire Wolves are for more open areas so they can intercept more points on contact. Griz is for the high damage scenarios where the wolves would be cut through like butter.

8. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

Pvm wolf is not about max damage gear just to let you know that. But yes I do agree with tomby but I like shael shael ber tomby the best but I used a 299% ed upped shael ribby since I was too poor for that tomby.

9. Archer

Ya, I already put 2 Shaels in it but definitely don't have access to a Ber and prob won't for a while. Just going to leave the 3rd socket empty for now.

With the ED on the Tomby being only 251% as well as it being non-eth, I ended up sticking with the Upped Ribby for now just to ease up my stat allocation after respec. I'm up to 4072 life now with out the Oak and 6143 with the Oak. My resists are also up to 40 across the board now as well.

Going to mess around with this for a while and see what I like and don't and then tweak it from there. I did end up going with that build and 1 point in Grizzly, Verashiden. I'll need a few more levels to finish maxing WW but I'm fairly pleased with the build atm.

10. Verashiden

:D Glad you like it. Always more fun having a pack to run with.

11. Archer

Quick question, I'm really liking the build with the 20 points in Dire Wolf instead of maxing Feral Rage. On my non-ladder fury druid, I have 20 in Feral Rage for Ubers and it's a pretty quick and easy fight for me. I'm not in game atm but my Feral Rage is around 14 with my current build on ladder (After gear, charms, etc.) If I stick with my current ladder talent build, is it going to severely gimp Uber Trist for me?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  12. Verashiden

... Yes.

The lower AR and damage hurts in a battle of attrition that UT is for a Wolf. Those misses add up quickly when you're not proccing/reproccing LT.

13. Ploog

Ploog Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe a hel in the last socket to bring strength requirements down? Just thinking out loud.