Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury + IM ?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Aerath, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Fury + IM ?

What do you guys do to get round IM with a Fury wolf ?

Rabies bite ? Any other options ?

(For some reason I don't really like the idea of taking a mediocre bow and shooting at things from afar in NM or Hell...)

2. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

If you are fury/rabies hybrid then the only thing you can do is bite them with rabies, if you are alone the rabies should be ok but in a 8 player game rabies does almost no dmg. If you are plain fury and pvming alone then your going to have a problem . Luckily you unshift before dieing so you cant die directly from Im and might let you escape.

I see no other options than a rabies bite.

i hope i could help you :lol:

cheers rang :thumbsup:

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well if you are fury/fireclaws hybrid then on switch you'd have a 4*shael + 2 ar/ias phase blade which is awesome for Iron Maiden/PI as they have sucky physical damage but super fast delivering hot fiery love hehe Wolves do em @ 5pa fireclaws with this pb compared to 4fpa with bears though but it's a viable option i think :D When i came back to this game after a long time out i was excited at 'Passion' r/w and beserk but nooo...wereforms have to unshift and lose a lot of life/ar to execute zerk :(

4. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

if you have 50% life leech and 8k+ dmg you can keep smacking even when imed and you will just keep filling your life bar up.

fury druids with feral rage and high leech/dmg are immune to im.

5. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

damage is irrelevant as both leech and iron maiden are based on it. Not sure how valid your statement was but i'll take your word for it.
    High dr will aslo help if thats the case.

6. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

That is false, not even lifetap can save u from IM. (just run the numbers yourself, with 50% ll u leech back 50% of your dmg dealt per hit, IM reflects over 600% of your total dmg, do the math).

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

And I always thought that leech worked like absorb - first you take the damage, then it gets returned...

Considering I play hardcore, it's not a risk I'd want to take...

Was thinking of making a Ribcracker Fury druid... But will have to ponder IM a bit. Maybe CM Phase or so.

8. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Just avoid places with possible Knight Spawns- Chaos sanctuary, WSK lvl 3 and throne, infernal pit and ur set. U can easily lvl to 91 just by doing lvl 85 area runs like River of Flame, Pit, WSK lvl 1 and 2, Ancient tunnels. U can get lvl 90 by lvling in halls of pain also.
    After that u could do solo baal runs, just start a new game if knights spawn.
    Furying with CM phase will still kill u, and ur not going to kill any knights with it either :D .

9. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Can't avoid 'em if I'm actually *gasp* questing through the game ! ;)

10. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

I have outleeched multiple im casts in chaos sanct, no problem. your math doesnt support it but it works.

11. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Fun - tempted to try it.

Would I need such excessive damage though ? Or would Feral Rage do on pretty much anything ?

12. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Dunno how u did it but i surely know that 1-2 hits with fully charged feral rage (54% ll) and my eth tomb reaver (10k dmg) turns me to human with 1 life. (i have 9k life in my pvm setup too).

13. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm hope i am not O/T but anyone knows the slvl of Iron Maiden that OB Knights cast at different difficulties. Or even meteor, blizz, etc from ghoulords, heirophants?

14. D2Freak91776

D2Freak91776 IncGamers Member

Are you sure IM is based on physical dmg? I remeber I was killed by IM with my Dream sorc. It was nm and i put on esuchatas to attack(60k elemental dmg) 1 hit took out 1k life and ES.

15. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

something ink might have neglected to mention. His leech was near 100% and he had max dr. given that, its possible to leech more than you take damage, but there are times when the hit will deshift you and then you will gain all the life back.

--welt