Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury / geddon ?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by joelyness, Oct 4, 2006.

1. joelyness

joelyness IncGamers Member

Fury / geddon ?

1 / werewolf
    15-20 / lycan
    20 / fury

rest of the points in prereqs to Armeggedon.

Max armeggedon.

with +skills, and right gear, like Earthshifter. you can cast armeggedon around you while furying for high dps. arm can reach up to 9k-12k easy with items such as...

shako, jalas +2 or +2/+2shift
    archnids belt +1
    SoJ x2 + 2
    gloves and boots dont matter but prefable something to add to fury like GORES and Vamps.
    neck: highwarlords or mara's +1

ect ect

rate my ****

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

But will you survive long enough for it to matter? Won't they just ****-Fury you with a long range weapon and run away or something? I'm not sure.

3. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

hmmm so ur saying....
    1 wolf
    20 lyc
    20fury
    20geddon

but then i have to decide where to put the last 40...u have 3 +ed%skills and one that increases time you would be short a ed skill and im guessing u wouldnt bother with the incrased time

fissure(increase time)
    firestorm(ed)
    moulten boulder(ed)
    volcano(ed)

so u could do...the one is 4 prereq...

or????
    15????

good idea or am i being stupid -_- so this way u beef up time alittle and still get that ed...???? but then ur gunna say...but my plus to skills will beef up fissure 4 the increased time....then i smack my self in the face and say good point...

meh not sure if its viable...bc of the low dam on geddon...bc ur maxing out 2 of the 3 skills needed...i feel it is kinda like a necros bone tree...u need all of them 4 it to be effective...and i hear the fire tree 4 a druid isnt to hot...if u get here im coming from...but good luck if ur gunna try it out....and if u already have one....post some stuff up....to back ur claim of a good char....like state dam on fury and geddon...skill placement 4 the time being...stat placement as well...gearz....u know....

just saying...hope this stuff makes sence....sry 4 grammical errors...hope it helps : /

4. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

Viable? PvM, maybe. PvP not a chance.

with a level ~55 armageddon and 20 into all the synergies, u get a pitifull ~8-9k damage, and it follows you, its not even infront of you. Its also random hits, not very effective at all. This is still one of the weakest skills in the game even with the addition of the synergies.

30+ to skills will murder your melee abilities, even with as much +to skills you can only probbably aim for around a lvl 30 ish armageddon to not cripple your druid completely, and with only 2 synergie + max armageddon you will only be dealing around 3-5k damage. 60 skill points are much better spent elsewhere.

If you want a melee/elemental hybrid id say go with a rabies/fury or fireclaws bear.

Also, any +skills dont add to synergy bonuses therefore having 1 point in fissure and letting +skills do the work, will NOT work.

For gear, use BK rings instead of Sojs, arma has a casting timer and you cannot cast any other spells in werewolf form as it is, the life will help you alot more. Even then your AR wont be too hot, since no max werewolf, and no room for AR GCS, its better to go with angelics + ravenfrost. But you will lose 2+ skills and around 100 extra life and around 10% LL, which will make your characters armageddon even weaker then it already is.

Earthshifter doesnt have great damage, you can up it i guess, but it will be slow, still little damage, and it will have a heavy strength requirement, better to lose 3+ to elemental skills and stick with the grief/botd, or else you will have a useless Fury AND a useless Armageddon.

I don't recommend making this druid at all. You can try if you really like though.

GL HF

5. joelyness

I dont know man i was talking and playing with a guy who had this build and he was raping, the only problem of the build he said was he did 1 were / 20 lycan / 1 fury and rest armegeddon, he said his arm was up to 10K and he didnt have the best gear either... his best item was jalas. but

with + 7 ele, +2 from sojs, +1 arch +2 shako or jala, +2 enigma
    that is +14... and while geddon is going off u still can do good fury damage.

i have all this gear, all i need in the earthshifter. if u want u can change the jala out with a raven and get +3 element skills and -27% enemy fire resist.

the good thing about the build is u spam fury, while armeggedon is going off.
    this build takes extreme gear to be effect though and if u use www.d2skills.com calculator you can get effective damage on both fury and geddon.

here is a more indepth setup.

1 pt werewolf-----> 20 pt lycanthropy
    1 pt feral rage, 1 pt rabies, 20 pts fury

That is all you will put in the Shift line. moving onto elementalist line.

10 pts spent, which equals 1 in geddon and 9 in the prereqs.

Now you can put 20 molten boulder and 20 armegeddon

you will be level 78.

but now if you tally up the gear you will have this for damage with the above spec.

create a meteor shower to rain fiery
    destruction on nearby enemies

12: Duration: 38 seconds
    19: Radius: 5.3 yards
    1: Mana Cost: 35

Current Skill Level: 34
    22: Average Fire Damage: 1689-1713 per second
    10: Fire Damage: 8266-9379

and your Fury damage

Fury
    when in werewolf form, attack
    either multiple adjacent targets
    or one target multiple times

Current Skill Level: 27
    7: 5 hits
    2: Attack Bonus: +232 percent
    2: Damage: +542 percent
    1: Mana Cost: 4

this is not the best build but it looked very fun, since im PvM and have the gear im gonna try it.

6. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

WHAT...how,,,im guessing this is only 4 a druid...bc my summoner with HUGE skellies(51sm,49rs) says otherwhise....and my bonenecro also says different... or are u saying if theres NO pts in it then no bonuses apply????

7. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

If no points are in it no points apply, you only get the synergy bonus from HARD points, this applies to ALL classes, summon resists/mastery if thats what your talking about works differently then a synergy. These work like sorcs masteries or barbs masteries where they do get bonuses from +skill, your probably getting confused because it sais Synergy : Summon mastery/resists/ in green or whatever.

yea sorry, i never checked my fire druids actual damage, its something like 17k fire damage. Thats with level 54 armageddon and all synergies maxed.

With 2 synergies you will have around 6k damage, lvl 35 armageddon. With 3 synergies around 9k.

Jalal-2
    BK-1
    Enigma-2
    Mara-2
    Earthshifter-3
    torch+anni+9xgcs=13

With this you have a lvl 43 Armageddon doing 12k damage. I dont think your going to want to get more then that, or else it means having spirit, arachs, -1 raven, 3+fireskill ammy, raven helm, giving you only 6+ extra to armageddon , giving you 2k dmg extra, but losing AR, CBF, DR, +VIT, max block, Resists, FHR, +STR... ect.

If you insist on going with 2x sojs your going to get raped by cold monster packs, without CBF.

Also, you will only have a lvl ~14 werewolf, I dont know if thats enough, but your AR might lack, especially since your weapon is slow, and you won't have alot of leach either. Mobs might eat you.

Srry for the response before, didnt bother to check it out the damage calculator, or my character, i was only off by ~8k damage :grin:

your choice to make it tho again, hf with it if u deside to.

8. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

I've heard people tell of armageddon being effective pvp just used for random damage. a fire druid can use volc/fiss with armageddon for random damage. if your running away, and someone is chasing you (smiter/charger, whatever) they might get hit by some pretty lethal rocks.

i don't know about furygeddon. because you'd have to be wearing that ss and melee weapon, and of course jalals, so you couldnt get any +fire skill damage and -fire resists.

9. joelyness

My build is strictly PvM, the best PvP builds usually the rabies ones imo.

i guess ima have to just try it only lvl 12 atm, in a few days ill be like high 70's and i can speak experiences.

what im going to do is probably UM my jalas to make it 45% resist all
    then i also have perfect maras +30 resists so that should be a huge boost, i prob only need slight mods to get close to capd res in hell.

i will prob insert a ignore target defense in my EarthShifter. i should be doing like 7k melee fury damage and 10k geddon around me when im equiped. dunno though any recomdations im open to em. want highest chance to be successful wit this build.

10. joelyness

heres the new upgrades:

Armageddon
    create a meteor shower to rain fiery
    destruction on nearby enemies

12: Duration: 50 seconds
    19: Radius: 5.3 yards
    1: Mana Cost: 35

Current Skill Level: 39
    22: Average Fire Damage: 2448-2478 per second
    10: Fire Damage: 12590-14098

Fury
    when in werewolf form, attack
    either multiple adjacent targets
    or one target multiple times

Current Skill Level: 32
    7: 5 hits
    2: Attack Bonus: +267 percent
    2: Damage: +627 percent
    1: Mana Cost: 4

this is with 2 sojs, maras, enigma, earthshifter, archnaids, jalas mane, 1 ele gc, 1 shapeshift gc, and a druid torch +3

shapeshifting= +2+1+2+1+2+1+3= 12
    Elemental= +2+1+2+7+1+2+1+3= 19

other stats include

Lycanthropy
    passive - improves duration and life
    when in werewolf or werebear form

Current Skill Level: 32
    2: Max Life: +175 percent
    57: Duration: +660 seconds

Werewolf
    transform into a werewolf

1: Mana Cost: 15
    2: Life: +200 percent
    2: Stamina Bonus: +25 percent
    12: Duration: 700 seconds

Current Skill Level: 13
    2: To Attack Rating: +230 percent
    2: Attack Speed: +62 percent +10% from Earthshift = +72 percent

lol got all this uber gear waiting in my bank and cant wear it yet, must go level. you can also exchange dracs gloves with more IAS/res gloves anyways hope ur enjoying these little updates hehe if not oh well. lata

11. eatabigfategg

eatabigfategg Banned

roffle!

fury/rabies would be better!

use a doom zerk, hit and run away lmao! geddon lands behind you and to the right a little, rabies gg pwns people while you run away. freeze them and laugh while you steal their gold and nk them at town.

:thumbsup:

12. joelyness

Its for PVM ... and the build isnt nearly as good as i thought it would be.

whom ever said you dont recieve bonus's in skills damage from synergies with +1 skills was right.

i have 1 all the way down to geddon and +18 skills and my geddon only does 4k damage because synegies even though at 18 cause of EQUIP are not geting my geddon damage boosts at all.

spec sucks, now i have to reroll lol. damn im pissed.

13. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Oh, for PvM, do whatever feels good. :)