Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FUry/fort setup

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Paulsummoner, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

FUry/fort setup

HI all, I have a question for you guys, hey, fury/fort setup is more for BVB or I can use with other melee chars, like pally smiter?

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Beast is better for smiters as offhand,since it provides a much needed ar boost to counter their obscene defense & the damage boost to primary is welcome as well.Sure fury provides more ow but when dualwielding it is just as relaible with 2x hits & dracs/gores not to mention beast has 25% as well.

Rik

3. Paul barbarian

Paul barbarian IncGamers Member

ok. but can I use fury fort against other chars with shield, is it ok? like will it be good?

4. rikstaker

yes it will be good very good infact,but it wont be the best-grief/fort tops it.But again,the only characters I'd use a shield against is other barbs.All other characters with shield or no shield can be beaten up with dualwielding & grief/beast is supreme combination,with the occasional swap to doom.

Rik

5. Paul barbarian

Why grief/beast is so good, why not use dual breath of the dyiung.

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Grief does a lot more damage than BotD, and the beast both ups that damage and gives you a ton more AR.

Not that two BotD are bad, of course, just grief/beast is superior for pvp. If you were doing, I'd just do dual BotD because they're more cost-effective (in terms of repairs and such), and have nicer pvm mods.

-Hal

7. Paul barbarian

I counted damage that OW will deal in fort/fury setup at lvl 99 with weapon damage, alltogether, you will hit, wait 8 seconds and other char will loose 914 life, is there anything better than this, for BVB?

But both ebotd and grief have +400% max damage, how can grief do more, and one more question, how beast increases this damage

By the way what about Death runeword?

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well Beast has slvl 9 fanaticsm aura which grants the barb an ed/ar bonus. As for Death r/w it has no ias bonus so no Death weapons will hit lwwp.

9. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

Grief has +~400 to damage while Botd has 400% ED

10. Paul barbarian

PPL< please tell me is there anything better for BVB than fury/fort.

it will deal 912 damage with OW, while if you have just weapon, it will deal:

if you have 4k you will deal 333 to hero

if you have 5k you do 416

if you have 6k you do 500

but you do 612 with OW only in fury fort setup, and only fury grants such huge OW 66%, anyway, guys, is there anything better than fury/fort setup for BVB.

11. rikstaker

Grief/fort or even grief/duress is undoubtedly better.Its simple:subsequent ow triggers simply extend duration,dmg isnt added.In BVB environment 2-3 hits on avg are possible in 8 seconds,so you'd trigger ow & keep it on anyway with a setup with just 33% ow & much superior raw dmg.A grief fort setup packs 35% ow from dracs & gores & due to the superior physical-dmg of the setup,ow works as an icing.Though you'll see fury/fort on top of the calculation list in my thread(its because the calculation was based on a 1hit environment to keep math simple)-applying realistic pvp conditions one can ascertain that grief/fort will come out on top.

Rik

12. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Except if you duel someone who plays ugly (i.e. defensive) and uses mass ow. In that case you'd be in trouble as a grief/fort-user since he simply can choose to avoid your whirls for 8 seconds...

13. rikstaker

Thats not true,I guess you havent checked my thread-Fury/fort & Grief/fort are real close & you WONT be at a disadvantage against a defensive fury user since you raw dmg is MORE than the ow dmg of 8 seconds & mcm also pointed out that adding venom dmg on grief will make grief top out.

when encountered with situations like a defensive barb,they have the choice not to duel him(triggering ow & running is the most pathetic BVB tactic) or use the same tactic against him ow vs ow switching to fury as well & switching back to grief incase he doesnt play defensive.But with a nice grief & charms that wont be a problem-a trade of whirls(even every 8 secs) will result in the defensive fury barb taking heavy dmg(much heavier than ow & if 1 is critical its a huge chunk of life-a grief critical eats away 800 life(after penalty & dr) & theres 49% chance of that happening each hit.

Rik

14. Paul barbarian

K thx man, I'll start to gather better runes, LOL, so, for BVB best setup is grief/fort, period, right?

15. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Yes, but that calc doesn't take defense into account. A barb with eth stone can get 40k defense (perhaps even more), something that's not possible with fort.

Agreed. However, in some bvb-leagues etc where manapotting isn't allowed ow-barbs have a definate advantage. Negliable physical damage makes damage-to-mana worthless, where the ow-barb gets his manabulb refilled by each hit. Anyway, I'm just being annoying here, as you said the grief-user can just switch in fury to even the odds in most of those duels. I do not play ladder myself, but the ladder-bvb:ers I've spoken to say that they sometimes have problems with heavy-ow-barbs.

Btw, whats you opinion of armor choice for a pure bvb:er? I mean what armor to make fort in... Since you'll have at least 186 str (storm gives 30) there's no reason to choose archon plate. Also, heavy-hitting barbs should have as slow frw as possible to maximize the time in hit-range, hence armors like hellforge plate (196 str) and shadow plate (230 str) might be worth considering?

Yes, never mind me =)

16. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Rare Balrog Blade:
    4xxed
    40 ias
    fool`s mod
    2 sokets (um um)
    eth
    self repair.

17. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

cant spawn >300%ed with fools.

morotsjos,
    time in hitrange = time to be hit so it doesn't really matter.
    If anything a faster whirl would be better to catch them unawares.

Also which duel leagues are you talking about? I thought you were on europe? If so then the main 3 limit OW to 10% in bvb and in at least one you cant use eth runewords without a selfrepair or indestructible mod.

However, you are right about defense not being taken into account, something i pretty sure i mentioned but not really relevant for the simple comparison on damage.

edit: paul you can get 450%ed just not with fools.

18. Paul barbarian

Absolutely right, can't spawn more than 300% ed, plus grief/fort is unmatched, 676 raw damage + 185 OW, that's gonna rock.

19. rikstaker

Actually,ladder is quite mature-I have seen some wackos running around with eth fort sacreds, add ctc chilling to that(155% total defense) & few mastery life gcs,you are right up there & perhaps beyond with defense.Not to mention the fact that if fury barbs uses stone-he's almost totally relying on ow,and with grief barb doing so much raw dmg each pass,he is outclassed there in terms of dmg & there doesnt seem any point to ow,as more dmg is being done to him instantly than he can manage n 8 seconds.

Fort has dtm as well & for BVB it is wise to keep two arreats,one with ed jewel & other in stash with ith,against ow builds switch to ith arreats.With angelics,ith & fort-thats 47% dtm & with that you will never have any mana problems even with their piddly dmg.

If you have really good charms & top quality gear, wear sacreds-the extra life from lower str armors would matter less.A higher base defense coupled with insane enhanced def% that is achievable now thanx to ctc chilling is too good to pass on.The heavy armor factor has limited effect on hit range-time in BVB,as it evens out when you whirl past each other,he'll have you in range as long as you have him,same with being frozen.I wouldnt wear a heavy one though,makes menauvering difficult.

Rik

20. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Time in hitrange/to be hit matters greatly, an ow-build would want as much frw as possible while a heavy-hitter want less frw. If both players are in hitrange a longer time it's obviously an advantage for the heavy-hitting barb since he will then easily out-damage the ow-barb.

Actually I dont know/care much about dueling leagues in europe, they all have retarded rules so I dont bother... Actually dont bother about bvb at all, but thats another story =)
    I believe the barbplayer I talked with was on west ladder, and in the league he played in mass ow was allowed, since he said he found some of them hard due to running out of mana.

rikstaker: I see, didn't think about eth forts ^^
    Thanks for the info, I am convinced =)