Fury druid versus zealot.

Davie. said:
What did ink prove can u post me a link to it?

I beat the guy who wrote the v/t guide like 100-0, is what I did.

Also - Garbad, if you will loan me some very specific gear on west I will come and show you how to die to a druid.

one other thing i would liek to point out:

in MOST legit private duels on east, the rules have always followed the old 76 legit rules very closely.

That is : No chance to cast or cross class skills.

Therefore - paladin will no have 60k defense (no exile) nor will the paladin have life tap.

Also, grief and fort would be banned due to CTC frozen armor and venom.

Now, if it's anything goes, paladins usually have a life tap advantage. But life tap is the only advantage practically any(melee oriented)paladin I have ever dueled has.

(with the exception of a few VERY old schoolers, who are smart. Hi Welt!)

JanusJones

Diabloii.Net Member
Course, pallys WILL have more defense, deal more damage, and hit faster . . . oh, and will block faster and more efficiently with less investment in Dex.

Then again, wolves have more life and nearly always hit!

As always, I think it comes down to how clever a character builder the player is and how rich they happen to be. However, if it came down to two VERY well-built chars with GODLY equip, I hate to say it but I reckon the zealer would win.

JanusJones

Diabloii.Net Member
pAnda_fury said:
i think it would be a bit higher than 120 damage per second, and that is if the opponent has 75 poison resist. if you use weapon switch to boost your rabies damage, you can get -25% pr or more. 120 damage every second isnt that bad anyway, especially combined with open wounds.

ask some of the wolf vets, they'll tell you that 60k+ is very achievable.

)pAnda(
Yeah, but as poison skills go it's the weakest in terms of damage/second. Check out this post . You also have to go toe-to-toe to use it . . . which when it comes to WW barbs, I think is a BAD idea . . .

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
JanusJones said:
Yeah, but as poison skills go it's the weakest in terms of damage/second. Check out this post . You also have to go toe-to-toe to use it . . . which when it comes to WW barbs, I think is a BAD idea . . .
Er...according to your post, poison jav is the weakest in terms of damage/second.

The advantage of Rabies, which you are forgetting, is that it continuously re-poisons your opponent with the highest -resist/+%poison/skills. This means I can keep some nice -res/+%dmg/+skill/etc gear in my switch (ex. Death Web + 20/-20 Facet Monarch) and run away, switch for a second, switch back to fury weapon.

That is something you plain can't do as far as the other types of poison attacks go, and that is why Rabies is so effective. PLR also seems to have less effect on Rabies than it does on the other poison types.

Rabies wolves are usually hybrid and have a decent fury, so even if the poison is negated, they have a secondary attack.

Do you have any pvp experience? Or did that post only concern pvm?

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with azn. Rabies is highly effective. Some people call it the cheapest pvp skill (displacing foh, the longtime champ) because it is so damn hard to avoid/get rid of and it does huge dmg.

inkanddagger said:
Also - Garbad, if you will loan me some very specific gear on west I will come and show you how to die to a druid.
Ok, PM me what you need. I think grief and fort are competely fair tho. Lifetap imbalances duels, frozen armor and venom does not.

Garbad

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
well, my fury druid used to have his ass kicked by zealots, however... Yesterday I "changed" gear a bit, and dueled yet another Godly, Exile wearing, Zealot..

I won most of the duels...
It wasn't the pali that was a bad dueller, cause let's face it, there's nothing complex about Zeal Vs Fury duels... just click on each other and see who wins...

Amazingly enough I kept winning, even with his lift tap triggering (wich scared me a couple of times, to see him leech his life back to full, while mine was going down fast...).

my "set up" was:

Helm: Cerebrus Bite
Armour: Fortitude
Weapon: Shael'ed Death Cleaver
Shield: StormShield socekted with a Pdiamond (thinking of removing it and socketing a Ber? maybe socket Cerebrus with Ber too)
Gloves/Belt/Boots: Ik's
Rings/Ammy: Angelic

Summoned a lvl (6 I think) HoW for the added AR, even thought the stupid thing would allways walk in between us and get mauled.

In the end I had over 27K AR, almost I don't remember how much life, but, over 2K but under 3K...
My dmg was over 3K max... Now I wanna test this set-up a bit more, to see if I was just lucky, or if it DOES work.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Generator Of Chaos said:
well, my fury druid used to have his ass kicked by zealots, however... Yesterday I "changed" gear a bit, and dueled yet another Godly, Exile wearing, Zealot..

I won most of the duels...
It wasn't the pali that was a bad dueller, cause let's face it, there's nothing complex about Zeal Vs Fury duels... just click on each other and see who wins...

Amazingly enough I kept winning, even with his lift tap triggering (wich scared me a couple of times, to see him leech his life back to full, while mine was going down fast...).

my "set up" was:

Helm: Cerebrus Bite
Armour: Fortitude
Weapon: Shael'ed Death Cleaver
Shield: StormShield socekted with a Pdiamond (thinking of removing it and socketing a Ber? maybe socket Cerebrus with Ber too)
Gloves/Belt/Boots: Ik's
Rings/Ammy: Angelic

Summoned a lvl (6 I think) HoW for the added AR, even thought the stupid thing would allways walk in between us and get mauled.

In the end I had over 27K AR, almost I don't remember how much life, but, over 2K but under 3K...
My dmg was over 3K max... Now I wanna test this set-up a bit more, to see if I was just lucky, or if it DOES work.
Wow you beat an Exile using Zealot with IK Glove/Belt/Boot. Can't imagine how good the zealot could get. -.-

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually if he had max dr, that setup isn't so bad as it gives a lot of str (%ED) and a lot of AR.

But he didn't, and Verdungo's would have been a better belt choice. Ik gloves/boots aren't bad though, if he built for them (40 stats on gloves = 80 life, boots have good ar/life).

I'll say your stats are underwhelming though, so I doubt that zealot was "godly." Exile doesn't mean godly. Gear doesn't mean godly, because charms make a huge difference and you can't see charms whether you maphack or not (you can see gear without maphack and guess).
Also some duelers just don't know how to duel, no matter how "godly" their gear is. They will run towards melee, or sometimes even misclick and run around you trying to namelock. No matter what people say, this game does take a little skill, and those who completely lack skill are usually at a big disadvantage.

I've beaten quite a few ebotd barbs with my level 41 bone necro. How? They didn't know how to duel. Beat a level 91 fire sorc who had decent gear with him too. Didn't even take a hit. She had no skill. Namelocked me with fireball, dodge, spear, dodge, spear, dodge, spear = dead.

Basically, I used a pretty ghetto setup to beat all of those v/ts:

shael jalals,
ber shaftstop
verdungos
bloodfists
gore riders
highlords
raven
wisp
ebotd GPA (like a 365%)

and then an assortment of life/lighting res small charms and 3/20/20s.

my druid was also a rabies hybrid, and in a super long duel like these were, unsynergized rabies would sometimes force them to charge and try to smite me, which is almost instant death. the only way for a NL v/t to beat a fury druid is by using only FoH.

Also - a point into spirit wolves is necessary. keep casting them in front of you while you run forward - it borks the foh/charge abilities of the paladin.

remember to hold shift/fury.

that's about all the advice I am giving for dueling smiters/ v/ts.

as far as what I use for "melee" (fury, zeal, conc, jab) duels:

30 max jalals, 30 max stormshield, 120 max archon of stab, verdungos, 21 strength ring, raven, gores, steelrends, the either rare fanged knife, caddy with a Lo, estar. (ISO a fools cryptic sword of quickness with 3 socks), 10max/ar/life grands, a couple of high life shifters, rest in ar/max/life smalls and res smalls.

with perfect charms (read:39 3/20/20s) this setup would get over 8k life, over 20k ar, and close to 5k damage with griz caddy. because right now i have ~4.5k caddy damage, 19k ar, and 7.5k life.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually grief will be bm'ed i'll tell you that right now. Hell its already considered bm'ed in a lot of PUB dueling on ladder. Yes pub melee duels consider it bm'ed because it is just to overpowered. I can 1 hit fury most pallys if I use it none ever lasted past 2-3. You can almost 1 hit fury some high life druids with it too. (I almost got killed by 1 fury in a dvd and i had 5k life). Basically its who gets the first 2 zeal / furys in will win when grief is in use.

I already dont like dueling vs. it b/c it makes the duelers i build (ones w/ unusual set-ups) harder to make as if they werent hard enough. :rolleyes:

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
ive realized that charge sorta evens out the duel when a druid uses a 2 hander.

and yes.. greif is pretty overpowered.

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
RetroStar said:
Bloodfist + Verdungo + Gorerider > IK
That depends if you are aiming for AR/Life or FHR.

40 stats + 44 life from IK boots = 124 life > 40
110 + 50 AR = 160 AR > 0
Use verdungos instead of IK belt if you need DR.

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
inkanddagger said:
Basically, I used a pretty ghetto setup to beat all of those v/ts:

shael jalals,
ber shaftstop
verdungos
bloodfists
gore riders
highlords
raven
wisp
ebotd GPA (like a 365%)

and then an assortment of life/lighting res small charms and 3/20/20s.

my druid was also a rabies hybrid, and in a super long duel like these were, unsynergized rabies would sometimes force them to charge and try to smite me, which is almost instant death. the only way for a NL v/t to beat a fury druid is by using only FoH.

Also - a point into spirit wolves is necessary. keep casting them in front of you while you run forward - it borks the foh/charge abilities of the paladin.

remember to hold shift/fury.

that's about all the advice I am giving for dueling smiters/ v/ts.

as far as what I use for "melee" (fury, zeal, conc, jab) duels:

30 max jalals, 30 max stormshield, 120 max archon of stab, verdungos, 21 strength ring, raven, gores, steelrends, the either rare fanged knife, caddy with a Lo, estar. (ISO a fools cryptic sword of quickness with 3 socks), 10max/ar/life grands, a couple of high life shifters, rest in ar/max/life smalls and res smalls.

with perfect charms (read:39 3/20/20s) this setup would get over 8k life, over 20k ar, and close to 5k damage with griz caddy. because right now i have ~4.5k caddy damage, 19k ar, and 7.5k life.

your beatable without foh