Fury druid versus zealot.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
in the end.... smiters > weres and zealers alike.

why even bother deciding?
its like trying to find out which of two light weightboxers are better when you got a heavy weight champion on the side waiting.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
when do we get the score from the duels?
I can always rack one up with Mr. Zabo there. =) I'll xfer my charms from my barb. Re-equip him and roxor zab's sox!

Zabo

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:

its like trying to find out which of two light weightboxers are better when you got a heavy weight champion on the side waiting.
Don't even get me started on smite vs fury ;) Does Ink really have to prove that again?

@Retro :p Psht! Fine. I'll regear Obaz..

I ment Fury vs Zeal. I though they had dueled or something :p would be nice if they would list all gear, stats, and skill points, and then we could get both a practical and a theoretical result and see if they fit eachother ^^

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Zabo said:
Don't even get me started on smite vs fury ;) Does Ink really have to prove that again?
Ink proved it before grief. Now, its over. At least until l2 ends and the real duelers with the best gear and try it all out ;)

Garbad

kanuks

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:

Main difference now is that the boxing world heavyweight division is quite dead right now since Lennox Lewis retired and therefore since there is no dominating champion (The belt keep swapping). But there is some division so much more exciting right now, like (i dont know the exact weight division) the ones with champions like Bernard Hopkins (The pounds for pounds best boxer alive today, who will have a tremendously exciting fight vs Jermaine Taylor, a young gun, that is possibly the only one that could be able to beat Hopkins) and Zab Judah (This guy is the most impressive boxer i ever seen, he is so much aggressive while being so fast and agile, even his name looks evil!).
Bad analogy, dkay!

:D

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
kanuks said:
Main difference now is that the boxing world heavyweight division is quite dead right now since Lennox Lewis retired and therefore since there is no dominating champion (The belt keep swapping). But there is some division so much more exciting right now, like (i dont know the exact weight division) the ones with champions like Bernard Hopkins (The pounds for pounds best boxer alive today, who will have a tremendously exciting fight vs Jermaine Taylor, a young gun, that is possibly the only one that could be able to beat Hopkins) and Zab Judah (This guy is the most impressive boxer i ever seen, he is so much aggressive while being so fast and agile, even his name looks evil!).
Bad analogy, dkay!

:D
Now you really got me confused

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
im confused too. either way. play with who you think is more fun but just realize that wwbarbs and smiters are the kings of melee :p

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
im confused too. either way. play with who you think is more fun but just realize that wwbarbs and smiters are the kings of melee :p
This dude today said ww wasnt a melee attack. -.-

WW is considered a melee attack, since melee is definated as an attack where you have to be close to the opponument to hit (range 5 or so) and it needs a physical animation (hit, punch etc.) that is what I understand be a melee attack, so yes WW is melee :) while an attack firestorm isn't since it isn't a hit, punch etc. :D

What about rabies druids? I've heard about rabies druids that can kill ww barbs that uses dod. Only using a high lvl rabies with OW, and high life + 75% block.

In theory the rabies druid using lvl 35 rabies and lvl 21 carrion vine will deal the damage of... let's just say 20k over 18 seconds. So 20000 / 18 = 1111 damage pr. second. With 75% poison resist this would be 277 damage pr. sec! :p and with brambe + trang oul gloves it would be 277 * 1,85 = 514 damage pr. second...

Now I recall that OW deals about 500 damage pr. sec at lvl 99 with no pvp penalty so this would be 1000 damage pr. second.

Umm why do I have the feeling I forgot something in the calculation? :(

paper

Diabloii.Net Member
my wolf doesnt use 320s, and has 7.4k life with highlords/ravens on and without me battle ordering or prebuffing. i just use my switch. with bo+prebuffing i can get 9k+. i also have 75% block.

with all this talk of zeal vs fury no one really mentioned tap goin off like a mofo. :lol: basicly in pubs, and i say pubs cuz most pubbers are average quality or worse duelers i can beat zealots unless they have tap go off right away, then im a giant leech sack. oh well. but for my 2 cents i think the top zealot> top wolf, but not by much. but ill still play wolves all the time cuz being a exhile pala isnt satisfying in duels imo.

oh ya, im onom. my onom name on these forums wouldnt let me in :eek:
*onom//*9th_warrior on East

pAnda_fury said:
20k is way low for rabies... 60k+ is easily possible.

)pAnda(
:lol: I forgot the pvp penalty for poison. :p How do you get rabies on 60k+ ?? That would be like level 43+ with 85% poison damage :p. And that would still only be 120 damage pr. second :( or 5 damage pr. frame...

pAnda_fury

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
:lol: I forgot the pvp penalty for poison. :p How do you get rabies on 60k+ ?? That would be like level 43+ with 85% poison damage :p. And that would still only be 120 damage pr. second :( or 5 damage pr. frame...
i think it would be a bit higher than 120 damage per second, and that is if the opponent has 75 poison resist. if you use weapon switch to boost your rabies damage, you can get -25% pr or more. 120 damage every second isnt that bad anyway, especially combined with open wounds.

ask some of the wolf vets, they'll tell you that 60k+ is very achievable.

)pAnda(