Fury druid versus zealot.

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Screen Please.

Level 40 Lychanth, level 30 oak, level 20 Bo = 399% more life, this means to hit 10k life your friends druid needs 2000 base life. 10 20 life scs, 10 45 life gcs = 650, 1350 left. At level 99, assume you put every single point into vit, you have 330 life to go. Say 100 is from leveling and 40 from bloodfists, and you are still short. And this is with an extreme prebuff.

Garbad
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
it wouldn't matter if the ss gcs all had 45 life or not. He prebuffs to a level 45ish lycan, and then switches over to a complete setup of 20 life smalls (pretty sure they are of the duped variety). I can see if I can get him to do a screeny of it, and if I do, I will try and post it here. note that its NOT my druid, but his.

--welt
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
It is actually not that hard to hit 8k. My f/r wolf can get up to 8.2k life with a gear switch for melee only when his poison has been negated. Oaks die fast though, so he is left with 5.5k after that. If my wolf were built with BotD, he would have a lot more life due to the stats saved.

http://img222.echo.cx/my.php?image=8k8we.jpg

This is without BO or BC.
Base life 1573.
Only 5 life scs in my inventory, and only one is a 20 life.
Prebuffed with +3 shapeshift ammy, Soj/BK, +4 Ondals, Highlords for Oak.
This could easily be higher with a +3 summon ammy and a Mang Song's.
If I were to swap out my inventory for 39 20 lifers, I am sure it would be near 10k life without BO/BC.
 

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks like you don't have max block either. And based on your AR, I assume you are using angelics, so that is another 115 life his friend needs.

Garbad
 
Weltkriegpally said:
those numbers aren't exactly that hard to get, just do a level 90ish wolf, using Oak sage, based on highlords, dual ravens, a bunch of 20ish life small charms and good grands (some will be prebuff at times), a lightweight enigma, jalals, etc. You can pretty easily get to the 8k life mark using an ebotd zerker, and have about 6k damage with decent ds.

--welt
I'm not much for writing down two entire builds just for a theoretical comperation :-\. Besides when you write down a build it'll never be average because you'll always seek the best gear :D and unless you're an experienced dueler it wouldn't be the best either...
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
It looks like you don't have max block either. And based on your AR, I assume you are using angelics, so that is another 115 life his friend needs.

Garbad
I have max block with that setup. 10 more dex than I normally need for max block actually. I just swapped my Carrion wind out for an Angelic ring...+10 dex.

Only one angelic ring, so 95. And he said his friend switches out his charms for lifers. 39x 20 life scs > 10x 31-39 life GC and 5x 16-20 sc by far.

Another thing, if his friend's wolf is built for max block with 2x ravens, then he will have a 15 life disadvantage as far as jewelry is concerned. 40 dex saved = 80 life. 95-80 = 15.

Why are you still trying to deny it? You guys wanted proof in the form of a screenshot, and I gave you proof. I don't even have BC/BO, which should easily raise my life another 1k if not more (probably more).
Next you'll be telling me its a photoshop :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually, looking at my block calc, I do have max block with single angelic ring, it was my setup with 2x angelics that I was thinking of that I needed an Eld Stormshield. In that screenshot I have more than enough dex for max block.
219 dex needed according to the calc, but it is usually not right, so give or take 2 dex, and I still have more than enough.

EDIT 2: With a heavily buffed CTA BO, (+12 all skills after BC) I would have 1352 more life, putting me up to 9.5k life. Even then I didn't even take into account the extra skill for lycanthropy or extra +2 oak (BC > Cast Oak > BC Oak).
Taking the extra skills in oak/lycan into account, I would get 1588 more life, putting me at 9.8k life with just ~425 life from charms.
Swap out my charms for 20 life scs, and you'll get 780 life from charms, which will probably put me past 11k.

Yes this requires a massive amount of prebuffing, but it is possible.
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
aznbboi16 said:
I have max block with that setup. 10 more dex than I normally need for max block actually. I just swapped my Carrion wind out for an Angelic ring...+10 dex.

Only one angelic ring, so 95. And he said his friend switches out his charms for lifers. 39x 20 life scs > 10x 31-39 life GC and 5x 16-20 sc by far.

Another thing, if his friend's wolf is built for max block with 2x ravens, then he will have a 15 life disadvantage as far as jewelry is concerned. 40 dex saved = 80 life. 95-80 = 15.

Why are you still trying to deny it? You guys wanted proof in the form of a screenshot, and I gave you proof. I don't even have BC/BO, which should easily raise my life another 1k if not more (probably more).
Next you'll be telling me its a photoshop :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually, looking at my block calc, I do have max block with single angelic ring, it was my setup with 2x angelics that I was thinking of that I needed an Eld Stormshield. In that screenshot I have more than enough dex for max block.
219 dex needed according to the calc, but it is usually not right, so give or take 2 dex, and I still have more than enough.

EDIT 2: With a heavily buffed CTA BO, (+12 all skills after BC) I would have 1352 more life, putting me up to 9.5k life. Even then I didn't even take into account the extra skill for lycanthropy or extra +2 oak (BC > Cast Oak > BC Oak).
Taking the extra skills in oak/lycan into account, I would get 1588 more life, putting me at 9.8k life with just ~425 life from charms.
Swap out my charms for 20 life scs, and you'll get 780 life from charms, which will probably put me past 11k.

Yes this requires a massive amount of prebuffing, but it is possible.
thank you

--welt
 

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, so lets say the pala agrees and waits 15 minutes for you to buff. Meanwhile he buffs also. He boosts his defense to 60k (low, considering 100k+ is possible) and buffs his BO and casts oak. His 2800 life now becomes about 6.5k.

Buffing has nothing to do with anything. If you don't fight that way, its pointless to discuss it. The average dog in the average duel has ~6k life.

Garbad
 

IHATENAMES

Diabloii.Net Member
How is it possible for a pally to get 100k defense? Even with stone armor, all your gear at the highest defense possible and holy shield won't get you past 60k. I've never seen a caharacter with 60k defense.
 

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Check the pala forum, people make threads about this all the time. 60k is about the max without exile, 100k with exile.

Garbad
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Ok, so lets say the pala agrees and waits 15 minutes for you to buff. Meanwhile he buffs also. He boosts his defense to 60k (low, considering 100k+ is possible) and buffs his BO and casts oak. His 2800 life now becomes about 6.5k.

Buffing has nothing to do with anything. If you don't fight that way, its pointless to discuss it. The average dog in the average duel has ~6k life.

Garbad
It takes me about a minute if not less, to buff that.
And someone asked if druids could get that much life, so we answered. Then you came in and challenged the fact asking for a screenie, so I posted a screen and let you know that it is very possible. It had nothing to do with actual dueling. Dunno why you're complaining, since you're the one who asked.

And my wolf has 7632 life in that setup with +4 ondals on switch, which I do not consider a prebuff since it is his main switch weapon with that setup. And he still lacks 5 life scs which should boost it another 500 or so life.

I still stand by my opinion that Zealots > Fury wolves the majority of the time given equal skill and gear though. Using ebotd you lose some speed and get interrupted far too often. Without ebotd and using a vita build like that, Gris caddy doesn't do enough damage.
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Too late to edit my last post, but question:

I'm curious what setup you use on a zealot to obtain 2.8k life. Care to share? My zealot hits 2.1k with pretty high end charms and eth Valor. Just curious, I don't doubt it, but it seems slightly high.

And good luck zealing with your HotO (Oak dies when you switch). Unless you plan on using a Wisp Projector for that sexy lv2 oak :lol:
 

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
aznbboi16 said:
And good luck zealing with your HotO (Oak dies when you switch). Unless you plan on using a Wisp Projector for that sexy lv2 oak :lol:
Natures Peace, level 5 oak, 27 charges (enuf to prevent oak killing) and it adds 50% life. Pubs use it on occasion.

2.8k without oak/bo requires str bugging but is possible (technically I was at 2779, but some have gotten higher). I had around 500 vit, near perfect fine vitas (i used my barbs to hit this), dual angelics, etc. The average zealoteradin probably has 2.3k, maybe 2k on a pala who switches excessively.

Garbad
 

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
"Only 5 life scs in my inventory, and only one is a 20 life."

and still 8k life. lets see him prebuff with 39 3/20/20s

what does that tell you garbad?

cb and OW should be similar but zealers will have more ds most likely because of eth runemasters and eth death cleavers.

imo its leaned toward wolves since 5 ravens + psn creeper + 5 spirit wolves tend to piss zealers off. my friends wolf is a 2 hander and dishes out a good 13k, 2 good furies and tahts more than enough for a zealer.

there arent too many godly werewolves out anymore but when you do see one, its something to fear.
 

The Fallen Angel

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, first of all, wolves can, in fact, kill Zealots, Garbad. If wolves couldn't kill them then Id lose 90% of my duels, when in fact, I win about 95% of them in pubs vs Zealots, barba, you name it if its melee. And yes, I beat them with Angelics. My health hits 8.4k without BO using Angelic. Zealots aren't the melee gods you're making them out to be. And my wolf is the one that has the 8k life using Highlords and dual Ravens. And aznboi, BotD Zerk does not get a wolf interuppted too often, again, if that were the case I'd never win. Griz Caddy dosen't do the damage, you're right, and thats why I dont use it. Oh, and Garbad, I do have max block as well, 75%. With or without a BotD, might I add. And I don't need Bloodfists to hit my high hp either, my character uses Rends, man. Also dont take 15 minutes to buff, man. Also, Garbad, you can hit 30k ar on a wolf without having to sacrifice deadly, and you can still use Oak. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, Garbad, I don't seek to offend you, man, but it seems to me like you don't know much about Fury wolves. And if you say you do than you haven't met any good ones, like I said I'm not trying to be mean I'm just stating an honest opinion. Any other questions? comments? Anyone here play on East with a Zealot and dosen't think Wolves have a chance? I'd be glad to duel you. Even if I don't win I'll go out on a limb and say I won't be easy to kill, lol. Just msg me, acct name is *TheFallenAngel.

-- Until we meet again. . .
 

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
My my my....

My credibility is question by a guy who claims to win 95% of his duels. Shows how dead this game is. I do think its funny how he claims I have never met any good wolves tho. Touche puppies! :)

Garbad
 

Zabo

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
My my my....

My credibility is question by a guy who claims to win 95% of his duels. Shows how dead this game is. I do think its funny how he claims I have never met any good wolves tho. Touche puppies! :)

Garbad
Garbad, Fallen is a friend of mine. Don't question his credibility ;) I already told him the same of you.
 

The Fallen Angel

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, I claim to win 95% of the duels I duel in pub games. And you claim a Fury wolf has never killed you so I think its ok for me to make my claims too, is it not?

On that note, any questions? any comments? Anything you'd like to know about my druid that can't possibly kill a Zealot? I'll be happy to answer them, Garbad.

Until we meet again. . .

EDIT - Bah! you beat me to the post, Allen! :p
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
What I meant was that while using ebotd your chances of being interrupted are greater and it happens more often than I'd like. A smite here and there will keep you in stun and you will be interrupted whether you block or get hit despite the damage done.

Well, why don't we just settle this and have some duels? Garbad, if you can get on at all this week, I'm up for a few duels whether it be with my f/r converted to fury or dark/tor/my pure fury titan wolf. Each is geared, I just need a mule session and probably stick an ebotd on my f/r.

I'm pretty sure the zealot will come out as the winner of the MAJORITY of duels. This is something that you guys don't seem to understand. No one said a fury wolf would never kill them, but they wouldn't win a majority very easily.

Best of 5 duels, no prebuff? If you have free time, you know how to find me.
 
Top