Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury druid versus zealot.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by IHATENAMES, May 4, 2005.

1. IHATENAMES

IHATENAMES IncGamers Member

Fury druid versus zealot.

Who do u guys think would win if a fury druid fought a zealor paladin?

I think the fury druid would. Both characters would have max block. The druid would have more life though because of his werewolf form, lycantharopy and oak sage. Fantacism aura would increase the pally's attack speed and damge. However, werewolf form also increase the druid's attack speed i think. Also i think fury does more damage than zeal.

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

more damage than zeal? not really, although most druids seem to have higher damage numbers than zealots.

fury druid vs. zealot? actually a pretty even matchup. Defense and blockrate vs. life and damage. Most of the time, its a 50/50 matchup. Top vs. the top, and its still 50/50, if not slightly in the wolfs favor. But from what I have seen, there aren't any top zealots, and the wolves I duel with (they are some bloody good ones) tend to eat zealots alive.

--welt

3. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Even now with zeal made uninterruptible, and massive defense zealots get? Not to mention a good zealot can push 3.5k life with CTA. Dunno dont have any experience in 1.10 zeal vs fury duels. U tell me :)

4. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Fury wolves cannot beat zealots. 20k+ defense > wolves.

Garbad

5. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Not only do zealots have high defense, but they also have good AR, uninterruptibility and generally more DS than a wolf.

Zealots (advantages):
    Uninterruptible (biggest advantage IMO)
    High defense (big advantage here too)
    More than enough AR to hit a ~2k defense wolf (16-20k AR vs 2k Def is **-90%)
    More weapon choices
    Faster attack if Druid is using EBotD
    Can smite too

Fury Wolf (advantages):
    High AR (20k-40k AR vs 20k Def is 50-66%)
    High Life (Biggest advantage)

They have comparable damage, but Zealots generally have a lot of damage modifiers on them too (DS/OW/CB)

I'd say these fights are leaning in the Zealots favor and given equal gear/skill, the zealot should win majority with ease.

6. Weltkriegpally

I would say the ds is about the same. both tend to use highlords/gores, so I fail to see the differences inherent there. since wolves don't have to worry about defense, they can use pure damage armors with life, and enhance their own natural advantages of life and more damage (most wolves I have seen tend to have 9k+ damage with an ebotd zerker and about 25k or more ar using highlords). vs. these same palapk zealots with all the top end "l33t" gear, I have seen more than a few wolves wipe them out in 2-3 hits. so, average zealot vs. average wolf, the zealot will probably win. Higher end wolf vs. higher end zealot, I say the advantage is the wolf's. Note that these observations come from watching many wolves duel zealots.

--welt

7. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Well experience vs numbers... just shows that u cant really judge everything based on theories hehe.

8. Garbad_the_Weak

No wolf has ever beaten my zealot.
    /w *garbad_the_Weak

Garbad

9. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

thats cuz we all quit when you built your zealot

anyway wolves can go range 5 too which puts tehm at an advantage kinda if the wolf can hit them (i did that in temple a few times)

10. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Two very popular zealot weapons have 50% DS (ERazor) and 66% DS (EDC) inherently which allows close to or more than 100% DS. Eth runemasters are also typically socketed with Lo's for massive DS.

With an Ebotd zerk, you won't be swinging nearly as fast as a zealot, and you can and will be interrupted quite often (either by block or by hit recovery). Have you dueled "higher end" zealots before? You will need a damn high end wolf to beat a high end zealot.

While it is true that the zealot will die to just a couple hits due to their lower life, you will not hit them often and they will be hitting or interrupting you very often.

Range 5 puts you at an advantage until the zealot gets into range to attack you, at which point you quickly die.

11. jjboy

jjboy IncGamers Member

Not to forget that a wolf usually have many summons around it.

So the zealot's first zeal is tend to split up.... this time lapse might mean a lot to the wolf

12. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

summons are really useful, keep spamming them and they wont hit you very much :)

zealots do die in around 3 hits though

13. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Zealot: 3.5k life, 50% physical damage reduced, 40k defence, 75% block
    Wolf: 9k damage, 50k ar

The wolf will deal 9k/(6*2) = 750 damage

3500/750 = 5 succesive hits to kill.

Both high end = level 99?

50k/(50k+40k) * 100% = 55,5%

With 75% block it would be 55%/4 = 14% chance to hit

So you will need 36 attacks to kill your opponument

With a speed of 5 fpa you will be able to kill the enemy in 7,2 seconds, but since the attacks also will be interrupted, you won't stand much chance :p

Wolf: 8k life, 50% physical damage reduced, 2k defence, 75% block
    Zealot: 3k damage (to low?), 15k Ar

The zealot will deal 3k/12 = 250 damage

8000/250 = 32 succesive hits to kill.

Chance to hit would be 100% * 15/17 = **%

**%/4 = 22%

so you will need 146 attacks to kill the wolf

With a speed of 4 fpa you will be able to kill the enemy in 23,4 seconds :lol:

Though you won't be interrupted while zealing :p

So it is a 7,2 second kill versus a 23,4 second kill though you can interrupt the enemy + you'll have a greater speed = more interrupthing I guess. Still you are forced to land about 3-4 hits for every time wolfie lands one.

Now if the ww uses summons then I think the ww has the advantage due to a better chance of not being interrupted. :)

14. Garbad_the_Weak

You forgot deadly strike, crushing, and ow. Many zealots have 60%+ of both, and crushing helps a lot vs a wolf. You also forgot min damage, which is a key factor.

9k dmg and 50k are not reasonable for a 1h wolf. More like 7k and 30k ar without any deadly. 15k ar is also very low on a pala, more like 23k. 3.5k life is unreasonably low as well on the pala. I can get 2.8k without bo. 8k is also probably a little high for a wolf, very few get over 6k (mine is at 7.1). 3k dmg on a zot is pathetically low. Even without grief, a zot can hit 6k at 8/4 with 100% deadly, 60%+ ow and crushing and no sacrifice to fhr, life, etc.

Garbad

15. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Sorry I'm a bid tired, but all after all I just used what most you of guys had wrote so far...

16. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

werewolf can get to 8k life with oak and cta...? I thought only werebear can get hitpoints that high unless ur wolf doesnt have max block.

I thought fury werewolf has some good AR as well, but for other reasons i dont know they can beat zealot or not.

17. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I've not yet seen a fury drood kill my zealot yet. Though I havn't dueled much lately.

18. Weltkriegpally

they don't need cta for 8k. talk to thefallenangel on useast, he has a fury wolf with 8k+ only oak sage and a vita build. He also makes hash out of most zealots on a regular basis. If he uses cta, he can get around 9.6k to 10k+ life (real waste, considering all the necessary prebuff to do so), and does good damage, too.

--welt

19. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

come with some ordinary numbers then please :p

20. Weltkriegpally

those numbers aren't exactly that hard to get, just do a level 90ish wolf, using Oak sage, based on highlords, dual ravens, a bunch of 20ish life small charms and good grands (some will be prebuff at times), a lightweight enigma, jalals, etc. You can pretty easily get to the 8k life mark using an ebotd zerker, and have about 6k damage with decent ds.

--welt