Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fury druid equipment question.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Useratuaer, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Useratuaer

Useratuaer IncGamers Member

Fury druid equipment question.

I need some advice for a Fury Druid heres what I was thinking,

Weapon: Doom on a berzerker axe
    Armor: Chains of honor, or enigma or I dunno?
    Shield:???
    Gloves:Bloodfist or Draculs or venomgrip advice needed
    Belt:???
    Boots:???

So pretty much I need help with everything.

2. Karnage

Karnage IncGamers Member

Hmm, for a fury druid, i believe a stormshield is the best option..
    I'd also go verdungo's as a belt and gores for boots.
    Also, for your jewelry, you could go angj combo if ur in lack of ar, or highlords, raven, bk maybe??

3. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Since you are making a PvM character, dracul's lifetap makes surviving much much easier.

String of ears works well enough for PvM and dwarf star's absorb isn't as good as using hotspurs for the special occasions that require them, besides dual ravenfrost gives tons more dexterity. Other than that, what Karnage said. :thumbsup:

4. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

it is easier to give you advice, if you include info about what items are available to you (how much you can afford) and what the build is for (pvm or pvp?). also do you have a specific purpose in mind? (e.g specially for versing smiters or casters, etc)

check out the guides they are very helpful

if you have any specific question, ask.

)pAnda(

5. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

doom is slow on a druid

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If it's for PvM, you should consider using a 2-handed weapon. Especially if you're also going to use Dracul's. Lifetap + a shifter druids huge lifepool should make you quite safe, and a shield unnecessary. I'd take Chains Of Honor, because of the very nice resists and other sweet mods. Also as Tor said Doom is slow, maybe a BOTD Ogre Maul/Great Poleaxe. String Of Ears for belt, and Gore Riders/War Travelers as boots.

7. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Doom in ba is not so slow :p

Why you all say CoH as armor? Forti with his 300 ed and resits beats it, IMO, specially for 2 handers and huge damage weapons. I adds 4k max damage to my wolf with a bad eth tomby. Since tombi also give reists, mine are ok in hell.

8. Useratuaer

What exactly is ba?

9. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

Beserker Axe

elite axe type

-jordy :king:

10. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Doom great poleaxes are nice if u insist on using a doom on a wolf. It hits 9/5/5/5 frames.

11. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

Best possible option for Fury druid is:
    1. Weapon - 3soc ETH Tomb Reaver ZODed// 2x40/15ias jewel --> insane damage and speed and RANGE!, combined with awesome mods like all res, mf, and etc. But is SUPER EXPENSIVE!! No doubt - go for two-hand weapon. Druids are born for such things!
    2. For a godly dueler you need the last FHR break point - 280% needed(1 frame! - exclusivly reachable by werewolf). For that purpose socet with shael your Jalal helm - 50%FHR(the best druid helm, unless you find a godly rare, but this is almost unreal); bloodfist gloves - 30%FHR;belt - choose one rare with 24FHR/(60max)life/(30max)str suffixes and a res preffixes; Bramble armor
    - another 50%FHR (this armor is best option for fury/rabies build;good choise, especially when the rabies synergy comes so easy - just take the carrion wind unique ring and enjoy :thumbsup:); 8xShape skillers/12fhr - not so expensive (seek noobs in the trade channels - they trade such charms for the price of plain ones :lol: ); 6x 5fhr/stats scs (best option is 5allres/5fhr but this ones comes a little expensive :rolleyes: ):
    So we have:50(helm)+30 (gloves) +24 (belt)+50(armor - coluld be 60 with Stone or 40with duress or ..0 with Fortitude - the lack of FHR here you should ajust with proper boots and more fhr charms) + 96 (skillers) + 30 (scs)= 280%FHR - initial when using dual-hand weapon and facing godly PvP duelers.

12. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

While i agree on the 2 handed part, i completely disagree on the 280 FHR. U sacrifice way too much to obtain it, your druid will have too little life, no DR (means 1 ww or charge will own u). Bramble is only good for rabies, but ur not catching anyone soon with no frw.

13. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

doom in a giant thresher is the faster than a gpa. It also Pwns hard.

There are weapons with more damage but doom Giant thresher's holy freeze is very useful and godly.

For a BM pub dueler you cant get better than Giant thresher doom. (imo)

-Fred

14. Dad Daniel

1.No problem with speed - single (1) point in feral rage is enough. In high end build it will become 16-17 lvl from items7 ckillers bonuses(19-53 % walk / run speed). Gore riders provides 30% also.

2.EX: Base life 1250 x (1 + 200%/100(37lvl lycantropy) + 150%/100 (25lvl OAK) )= 1250 x 4.5 =5625 life - good amount of life. If you use CTA for prebuff you can reach near 6500 life.

15. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Theres not always a monster or a minion to charge on. U plan to catch a teleporting char with 30% frw? :lol:
    Your build has 6.5k life, my build has 12k. See the difference? Also dont count on the life oak gives u as it wont be sticking around for too long, and u dont always have time to recast it. Your build has no DR also, any charger will kill u very fast, bowazons will rape u, im not even talking about WW :lol: , i very much doubt u can get maxed resist unless u got urself 10x 5/5 sc's (good luck with that).

FYI, doom gt only has a faster initial swing at 8 frames, compared to gpa 9 frames, they both follow up at 5 fpa. Id take a gpa anyday - much lower reqs, higher damage.

16. Dad Daniel

17. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Even more so, the need for DR becomes evident, unless u wanna die in 1 charge.
    WW barbs might not be the best duelers for BvB in hc I agree, but vs your druid, a WWer would reduce your druid to a bloodstained furry corpse in 1 second with no DR and block.

18. Dad Daniel

One small tip working with 75% chance of success (tested and confirmed ) - on "W" switcher where i keep a nice CTA, in the other hand i hold nice shaeled storm shield. WARNING!!!: Using this "switch" method effectivly against powerful melle attacks (such as DEATH charge for example), requires a lot of training and ... :( .... a low ping, which is not always possible!

19. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

i agree with ICE. that build will not survive without dr. Like ICE said, you sacrificed way too much life and dr to get that one extra fhr break point.

And by the way, the 280 break point is actually 2 frames not 1 frame. My wolf reaches the 86 breakpoint (shael'd jalals + 3 shape/fhr gcs) and is quite happy with 3 frames fhr.

And to catch up with casters i usually need enigma's frw AND feral rage buff.

IMO if you are using a 2-handed fury pvp setup then you should use shaftstop or a damage armor.

)pAnda(

P.S here is my current fury/rabies setup on West Ladder if any one wants to comment:

enigma archon
    grief pb
    ber'd ss
    shael'd jalals
    trang belt and gloves
    waterwalks
    carrionwind
    angelic ammy and ring
    3xshape/fhr gcs
    7xshape/life gcs
    9x20 life scs
    anni

currently level 83, still baaling, still putting points in oak up till level 90
    current life: about 8.1k
    current AR: about 20k
    fhr frame: 3frame (86 breakpoint)

20. Useratuaer

After a little trading....

Ok so heres my updated gear list:
    Helm:Jalals
    Armor:Still dont know :(
    Weapon:Ebotd Zerker axe
    Shield: Still dont know
    Belt: Verdungos
    Gloves: Draculs
    Boots:Goreriders
    Rings and ammy:Either Bk ring and ravenfrost and highlords or ravenfrost angelic ring and ammy combo.It will all come down to how well im hitting in hell.

So im still kinda lost but I have figured somethings out.